It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Just some thougths on current situation in vangaurd ( i am playing and active in Twylite Song guild.
1. Tombstones ( bodies ) are staying, they are not SOE taking them out. You will still ahve to get them. When you get them you lose like 1 kill XP for death lol. If you dont, its like 5-10% ish.
2. Population is humming right now - This past weekend we had groups all over the place in our guild. I recruited 8 people on Friday of last week alone.
3. There are community raids hitting all the raid targets multiple times per week hosted by various guilds.
4. Most people I have met in this latest surge are coming from a dissapointing time in SWTOR.
5. Also, as far as the themepark vanguard changes go, they are there however there is a ton of content in the game and you can:
1. Do the common themeparky stuff ( Hunters league etc ) - I would tell you to skip this because it is the sure way to say EH this isnt that fun, cuase its just not... it is not what makes vanguard blow your mind.
2. Simply crawl dungeons the whole way - *THIS IS WHAT MAKES VANGUARD SPECIAL*
3. solo quest
There is enough content to support your playstyle. For example my current grouping friends and I are running dungeons ONLY. No quest hubs. Just epic dungeon questilnes or simply dungoen crawls thats it and we hare having ( as many said in grp ) the best time in an MMO in over a year.
If you have not played, or have not been back and really explored enough there is tons of stuff to see, more dungeons that you can belive and they are EPIC and HUGE and better than anything I have seen since eq2.
Vanguard owns dungeon design there is no question in my mind ( in say 04+ MMO timeframes )
Other recommendations are make alts lots of alts. Of course the population isnt going to support yoru group at your time all the time... What do most of us do ? Make alts I have alts in every level range and it makes you always available for what is going on.
Something also to note the community is in a really amazing place, that old feel of kindness and helpfulness is in VG right now. It comes down to we are in game cause we love being in game, its not about achievement its about being there..
This past weekend some folks in guild and I did:
1. Tsangs weapon line ( Tomb of Lord Tsang ) 16-22 ish
2.. Riftseekers torrent ( level 7-12 huge dungeon crawl couple quests nice loots )
3. Arcanium - yet another ( lost dungeon of vangaurd right in Leth Nure the high elf city ) 7 - 12
4. caverns of noztgha - just did tonight and it was awesome, great chest piece reward for my DK at the end levels 11-17
5. Hunters League - Yes lame themeparky grind crap, however you just have to have the chest/legs/weapon for most classes
6. Arks of harmony - those flying islands over jalen's crossing ( raki starting area ) - very fun questline and great XP and very nice Yellow shoulder reward. ( 10-12 ish )
7. Khegors end - Khegors is one of my all time favorite dungeons in any MMO, it is qutie a site to see. We cleared it all, did all quests and Killed the king ( 13- 17 ) likely 4 hours in total was a blast.
On the near term hitlist:
Corterie Infenium Sanctuary 22-30 ish
Trengal keep 22-30 ish
Hilsbury manor 22-26 ish
Imanjel ( forget last part of name lol ) 18 - 25 ish
Of course SOE communty ppl keep saying some Big News is coming... we shall see.