Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pureblood Jedi

Full of complaints today.I just got through reading the legacy stuff.

Ya know, I GET that eventually an MMO company will ret con or phase out all the lore they built up.

...But seriously? 2 months and Bioware is already taking a giant dump on the lore? They don't even have the courtasy to give a backstory to the legacy system to explain WHY 1000s of sith pureblood will start showing up on Carrick Station

Jesus Christ, I'm done. I'M DONE

Yes you can have my stuff

Comments

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Calm down, it's a living breathing world remember.
  • William12William12 Member Posts: 680

[Mod Edit]    Btw my first char after 1.2 will be a Sith Jedi Knight $$

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Wait!

wait wait wait

...which server did you play on?

Need to know if your stuff will actually benefit me. :p

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620

So much nerdrage in the OP.

• evictonevicton Member Posts: 398

My bounty hunter will be using force lighting that is > Lore

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

Originally posted by William12

[Mod Edit]   Btw my first char after 1.2 will be a Sith Jedi Knight $$

Say that one too many times and you might see Bioware handing out free trials and slashing box prices.

Oh wait...

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680

Originally posted by MMOarQQ

Originally posted by William12

[Mod Edit]  Btw my first char after 1.2 will be a Sith Jedi Knight $$

Say that one too many times and you might see Bioware handing out free trials and slashing box prices.

Oh wait...

Except bioware has not slashed prices the retailer did a sale do you understand how a sale works ?   What game doesnt offer free trials now days ?  It's pretty much standard business practice. 

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Originally posted by evicton

I don't actually see that as being opposed to Star Wars lore.

Not all force sensitive characters have to or have been jedi/sith. Like I was actually kind of annoyed the Miraluka god pigeonholed into just being jedi. Some one with only a moderate degree in the force and some training should be rationally capable of random tricks with the force, even in they aren't jedi/sith caliber in their power or training.

As for the sith race jedi...iunno on that one. That's like the eredar turning good. o_O

...Actually that's almost exactly like it, all the sith are missing is the hoofs and tentacles/horns, their facial structure is pretty close otherwise...

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460

I'm trying to understand this. Did I just see a dark jedi using a flame thrower? A smuggler force choking? A pure sith with a blue light saber? 

I only thought the NGE was canon breaking. What's sad is how many people wont have a clue how wrong that crap is.

• MistialMistial Member Posts: 11
    If you actually watched the live stream... They explained that the "family tree" can make sense of it all. My father was a pure blood Sorc but I want to fight for the good cause to save the republic.
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by Mistial

If you actually watched the live stream... They explained that the "family tree" can make sense of it all. My father was a pure blood Sorc but I want to fight for the good cause to save the republic.

Ok, but what do players do, who have ONLY males or females? Clone?

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

Originally posted by Bardus

I'm trying to understand this. Did I just see a dark jedi using a flame thrower? A smuggler force choking? A pure sith with a blue light saber? 

I only thought the NGE was canon breaking. What's sad is how many people wont have a clue how wrong that crap is.

But it's ok. BioWare is doing it. :/

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

Originally posted by Elikal

Ok, but what do players do, who have ONLY males or females? Clone?

Recruit or test tube babies. Sound like good immersion and RP for same genders in the Star Wars universe lore.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • KholeKhole Member CommonPosts: 136

Don't forget bounty hunters who shoot lightning from their finger tips.

• Cpt_PicardCpt_Picard Member Posts: 300

Originally posted by TwistedC

Full of complaints today.I just got through reading the legacy stuff.

Ya know, I GET that eventually an MMO company will ret con or phase out all the lore they built up.

...But seriously? 2 months and Bioware is already taking a giant dump on the lore? They don't even have the courtasy to give a backstory to the legacy system to explain WHY 1000s of sith pureblood will start showing up on Carrick Station

Jesus Christ, I'm done. I'M DONE

Yes you can have my stuff

1000's of pureblood jedi? I doubt that many people will get to it as have a level 50 pureblood character will be required and imo pureblood are not at all that common in the first place. Bad guys turning good seem to be a staple of Bioware games anyways, heck not many people have complained about the Knight companion who is pureblood.

Make it so...

• DredphyreDredphyre Member Posts: 601

Originally posted by Khole

Don't forget bounty hunters who shoot lightning from their finger tips.

The good news for me is that there are so few people on my server that it will be rare for me to see any of this up close, lol.

Jedi Guardian: "Looky here, I inherited this giant missile from my dad. It's genetic, ya know."

yes, yes, I know. Aurra Sing.  This was a rare occurance, though.  And as with everything rare in an IP, as soon as you introduce it into an MMO, it no longer becomes rare.  OR, if the devs implement a true rarity system, players cry.  

• TorvanusTorvanus Member Posts: 17

Legacy should open up special abilities within a profession tree.

i.e

grappling hook for mercenary BH.

That at least would be closer to lore.

these abilities they advertised just seem like quick pastes without much thought.

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

Now now people.. I'm sure Jennifer Hepler and George Lucas are hard at work making sure that these little lore incongruities get patched up.

Could you imagine if those two were to have a baby? Random, disturbing thought... image

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by evicton

hmmmm interesting, might look up this legacy system and see if I want to play another month.

Stuff the Star Wars lore, star wars was never about what is define a jedi or sith,

I honestly can't believe a jedi can't just pick up and use a flamethrower, or a force sensitive person being a profession other than jeid or sith. Now this is immersive.

GJ Bioware.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• Jason2444Jason2444 Member Posts: 372

"My father was a pureblood sith. Thats why there are 500 pureblood sith on carrick station now."

Quality Bioware writing

MMOs played: WoW, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Guild Wars, Planetside, Global Agenda, Star Trek Online, RIFT, Everquest 2, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, EvE online, APB
    Best MMO Companies: Trion Worlds, ArenaNet, CCP
    Worst MMO Companies: Electronic Arts

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Originally posted by RefMinor

haha yeah it seems mmorpg.com is still on EA's payroll...living breathing world image

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432

Originally posted by nerovipus32

haha yeah it seems mmorpg.com is still on EA's payroll...living breathing world image

Your obviously not living in the real world b/c money makes it go round :)

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Is this another thread where someone who doesn't understand Star Wars lore is complaining about Star Wars lore?

Ok. Just checking.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Originally posted by voltt

Originally posted by nerovipus32

Your obviously not living in the real world b/c money makes it go round :)

I'm living in a world that knows the difference between your and you're. :)

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

I find it extremely funny the amount of people who come in here and pretend to understand SW lore and then say Bioware is breaking it with this update. Let me guess, all saw the movies and instantly are lore experts right? Theres massive amounts of examples out there of people that could use the force, who did not use lightsabers. hell even if you did want to use the movies, Luke used a blaster for the majority of 2 of the three movies before he used his saber, Leia never used a saber once in the movies but later used...oh gasp...a saber with a red crystal, which if I recall a week ago people were saying that no non sith used red, so dont even get me started on that and that it was lore breaking as well to see a Jedi with a red saber. 

Do some reasearch on the EU before you come in here saying that Bioware is destroying cannon, start with Mara Jade for instance.