Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Guild Summit Livestream

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by jacklo

Really?

I've yet to see anyone ask a pertinent question.

They have "question takers" in the room effectively censoring anything that might not be good for PR. A similar system is in force for livestream viewer questions.

Anything negative that has come up has been swept aside with a basic, "we're aware of that" attitude.

Fortunately I expected nothing else.

Why would you for any company? They're not going to set up an event to let everyone who wants to rag on them.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

On a good note for people, UI can be moved and adjusted coming in April or May!

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by ChuvarHrama

Originally posted by Ecoces

seems like SWTOR is leaning heavily toward E-Sports.

lol

The thought of ranked warzones in this game made me shudder knowing how bad FPS could get in Huttball.

I mean, wouldn't that be a question on everyones lips right there?

Only for those still playing on rigs from 5 years ago?

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by NorseGod

I'll wait for it to finish before i weigh in with detail.

But am I the only one that has a feeling that they are making things up as they go to please the question givers?

And most of all, some of these ideas are even in 1.2, the rest are later.....

For me they came across as winging it due to the live nature. Sure, some of the answers say not 1.2 but people are asking things beyond what's in there so its only natural.

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

Originally posted by Kabaal

lol

The thought of ranked warzones in this game made me shudder knowing how bad FPS could get in Huttball.

Hmm, I don't want to be condescending, but I feel if you've not been living under a rock you would know that comment was, well stupid.

• monothmonoth Member Posts: 551

lol

I've never had lag in Warfronts.. used to have lag at the space station during prime hours but that was semi-fixed few patches ago....   Just because you have lag doesn't mean EVERYONE has lag, usually it's people with older gear or have a brother or sister who are d/ling movies while your trying to play SWTOR

No mater what Bioware says at the event people who were jilted by the game not being what THEY envisioned are going to troll the boards...  Once GW2 comes out or Terra they will move over to those forums to do the same thing, so we won't have to put up for it much longer..

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

A guild summit for what?

• DreadbladeDreadblade Member Posts: 384

lol

Hmm, I don't want to be condescending, but I feel if you've not been living under a rock you would know that comment was, well stupid.

Well said Jacklo, I love those it is your computer and not the games fault, seems I heard that in what game now..... oh WAR and guess what, well you guys are smart put it all together...........Just sayin

• DreadbladeDreadblade Member Posts: 384

Originally posted by MMOGamer71

A guild summit for what?

so they can say they have had a summit with the guilds

/sarcasim off

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

Originally posted by NorseGod

I'll wait for it to finish before i weigh in with detail.

But am I the only one that has a feeling that they are making things up as they go to please the question givers?

And most of all, some of these ideas are even in 1.2, the rest are later.....

For me they came across as winging it due to the live nature. Sure, some of the answers say not 1.2 but people are asking things beyond what's in there so its only natural.

So this "winging it". At potential risks to coming back and biting them for not fullfilling "promises" that they have now made?

You know every word said is taken as a "promise" right?

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/

Originally posted by monoth

lol

I've never had lag in Warfronts.. used to have lag at the space station during prime hours but that was semi-fixed few patches ago....   Just because you have lag doesn't mean EVERYONE has lag, usually it's people with older gear or have a brother or sister who are d/ling movies while your trying to play SWTOR

No mater what Bioware says at the event people who were jilted by the game not being what THEY envisioned are going to troll the boards...  Once GW2 comes out or Terra they will move over to those forums to do the same thing, so we won't have to put up for it much longer..

And again. Sorry, perhaps before saying the obvious, you might do well to look over Youtube and just about any forum including the official forum to find that the game has a way to go before it plays well on a wide variety of computers.

There are a crap load of videos showing bad FPS and ability delay on machines most people could only ever dream of owning.

• newbonewbo Member Posts: 37

Never have I ever had significant FPS drops in a warzone. The worst I've had was on Ilum with 20v20, and even that was relatively playable. Learn to maintain your hardware if you are having issues in Huttball, drivers and such can help with your preformance sometimes. It's too bad you are getting such horrible FPS.

Originally posted by newbo

Never have I ever had significant FPS drops in a warzone. The worst I've had was on Ilum with 20v20, and even that was relatively playable. Learn to maintain your hardware if you are having issues in Huttball, drivers and such can help with your preformance sometimes. It's too bad you are getting such horrible FPS.

It continues? lol

Scroll up.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Yes, it's obviously everyone's hardware, when those with the issues outnumber those without them. image

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

Yes, it's obviously everyone's hardware, when those with the issues outnumber those without them. image

Not to mention they can play anything else without those problems.

• newbonewbo Member Posts: 37

It continues? lol

Scroll up.

I don't have to "look up" a youtube video of other people playing with bad FPS, I'm telling you based on my experience in the game I have had NO ISSUES, and I'm definitely running on a mid-to-high system. I would tell the same thing to anyone else who has been having issues with preformance, having hardware and knowing how to maintain it are not mutually inclusive.

Yes because you know the percentage and have hard evidence to back this comment up? image

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Yes, my system listed below gets better FPS on Crysis and Stalker and benchmarks also than it did with medium resolution SWTOR, must be I cannot maintain my system.

Edit

SSD drive included.

It continues? lol

Scroll up.

I don't have to "look up" a youtube video of other people playing with bad FPS, I'm telling you based on my experience in the game I have had NO ISSUES, and I'm definitely running on a mid-to-high system. I would tell the same thing to anyone else who has been having issues with preformance, having hardware and knowing how to maintain it are not mutually inclusive.

So it works well for YOU. Cool.

You don't need to make the assumption that I'm some dumbo who needs to LEARN how to maintain my system, and tar everyone else with problems with the same brush.

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

Does this look like a hasty, damage-control fest, or is it just me?

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by Distopia

Yes because you know the percentage and have hard evidence to back this comment up? image

No there's no proof outside of my actually playing for months in beta and two months of launch as personal experience, the numerous threads on the official forums since launch, and numerous videos on youtube and elsewhere.

Obviously, i'm making it all up.

Sad when I can pull 60+fps in AoC ( which itself has a shit engine )in DX9 and 30+fps in DX10 with EVERY option enabled and be lucky to stay above 30fps with everything on high in ToR in its DX9 ( which has very few options available ).

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• Toto020Toto020 Member Posts: 43

OMG, this is waay too funny.  Even though I unsubbed and hate the current build for TOR I was looking to the future and hopefully gonna come back sometime once they fixed certain things.  (I was planning on later this year)

But this the fact that they tied an Auction House on your ship to the legacy system makes it too good.  Either these Devs hav a sense of humor and are just plain stupid...  Looks like you won't be getting my money Bioware...

No there's no proof outside of my actually playing for months in beta and two months of launch as personal experience, the numerous threads on the official forums since launch, and numerous videos on youtube and elsewhere.

Sad when I can pull 60+fps in AoC ( which itself has a shit engine )in DX9 and 30+fps in DX10 with EVERY option enabled and be lucky to stay above 30fps with everything on high in ToR in its DX9 ( which has very few options available ).

I had no issues throughout beta or live, so I am right... is that how this works?

• insanejoshinsanejosh Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by Toto020

OMG, this is waay too funny.  Even though I unsubbed and hate the current build for TOR I was looking to the future and hopefully gonna come back sometime once they fixed certain things.  (I was planning on later this year)

But this the fact that they tied an Auction House on your ship to the legacy system makes it too good.  Either these Devs hav a sense of humor and are just plain stupid...  Looks like you won't be getting my money Bioware...

The Galatic trade on your ship is old news. They have said this a few weeks ago in one of ther weekly Q&A's.

I had no issues throughout beta or live, so I am right... is that how this works?

The problem is that those who feel the game plays well for them, assume it's the same for everyone.

The fact is the game was rushed for the christmas launch and is poorly optimised. It actually works better for some people on relatively mediocre hardware than it does for some people with really high-end gear.

Denying this is just horrific and the cause for too many silly arguments.

I'm a 45 year old IT professional and to be told I need to learn how to maintain my hardware... well you can imagine.

This discussion has been closed.