Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Guild Summit Livestream

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Want to see what all the big guilds in SWTOR are up to at the Guild Summit? Take a look at the livestream embed of the event going on all day.  Just click the link below to watch the stream here on MMORPG.com.  Keep your eyes open for our own Suzie Ford, who's at the event!

STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC | GUILD SUMMIT LIVESTREAM

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• fonyfony Member Posts: 755

3K people dropped out when that Sims 3 shit came on.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

I wish I was there. I'd ask them questions that will cause them to dance around like a bunch of politicians.

The main problem with this game is just the fact that it's dumbed down to the point where it's boring. Battlegrounds? Quest-only progression? Typecasted Characters?

I'm not trolling on the game. I'm just shocked at their complete misuse of resources.

• NameWasTakenNameWasTaken Member Posts: 132

Really! What is the point of this summit?

We ALL know what guilds do... Raid, farm mats, guild drama, raid, rage quits, raid... oh and more raid.

• AmphysvenaAmphysvena Member Posts: 12

Originally posted by NameWasTaken

We ALL know what guilds do... Raid, farm mats, guild drama, raid, rage quits, raid... oh and more raid.

The game is failing so lets have a big event to announce future content in hopes of holding onto  some subscribers.

• Toto020Toto020 Member Posts: 43

/sarcasm

But it can't be failing! 

It was rated, by all game-related sources, on par with more established games like LotRO, EVE, Rifts, WoW, etc...

And the fanbois say that it's a great game...

/reality

After all, EA paid everyone to say it's a great game...

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

Is it over now? Looks like 5500+ people are watching the SWTOR logo to me.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by Gajari

It hasn't started, earlier was just giving the days itinerary and the stream ahs just been showing filler since. It'll be back up and running in an hours time, 8pm GMT and whatever that is in your time zone.

In the mean time IGN just posted a tonne of new info from 1.2 including class nerfs to the bounty hunter, new abilities for Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior, tweaks to all classes. Removal of PvP rewards from Ilum etc etc http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/121/1219843p1.html

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

Originally posted by Kabaal

Originally posted by Gajari

It hasn't started, earlier was just giving the days itinerary and the stream ahs just been showing filler since. It'll be back up and running in an hours time, 8pm GMT and whatever that is in your time zone.

In the mean time IGN just posted a tonne of new info from 1.2 including class nerfs to the bounty hunter, new abilities for Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior, tweaks to all classes. Removal of PvP rewards from Ilum etc etc http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/121/1219843p1.html

Ah, thanks, I'll check out that info!

It's up and running now. Hopefully we get some more in depth info.

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

Originally posted by Amphysvena

Originally posted by NameWasTaken

The game is failing so lets have a big event to announce future content in hopes of holding onto  some subscribers.

a game having an event to hype itself up and cause a buzz, how dare they ... thats unheard of in the gaming industry.

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

Ilum Redesign: Later this year...

GTFO Gabe

seems like SWTOR is leaning heavily toward E-Sports.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

listened to 5 minute of the live stream and i am like :why the eck did they organise this ,they could have streamed live and respond to question being asked in chat!(they probably did this so they could avoid chat room cause some get very good question in the chat !oh well!

• ArtkilArtkil Member UncommonPosts: 20

LOL @ RPer asking for auto facing in PVP!!!  

Please nerf paper
    Scissors are fine
    Signed rock...

Originally posted by Blodkai

LOL @ RPer asking for auto facing in PVP!!!  

though i do agree with him the whole running around in circles trying to get each others back looks retarded.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Has anyone committed Seppuku yet in an act of atonement?
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

Was this recored from beta?

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/

Ignoring the snipes i'd say they're being pretty open and honest with this live stream.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

Did they say it was impossible to implement diff weapons cross class (Sith Warrior with double blade lightsaber)? If that's their stance it sucks.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

Originally posted by Kabaal

Ignoring the snipes i'd say they're being pretty open and honest with this live stream.

Really?

I've yet to see anyone ask a pertinent question.

They have "question takers" in the room effectively censoring anything that might not be good for PR. A similar system is in force for livestream viewer questions.

Anything negative that has come up has been swept aside with a basic, "we're aware of that" attitude.

Fortunately I expected nothing else.

They should have had gabe present the whole thing.

• ChuvarHramaChuvarHrama Member UncommonPosts: 88

Originally posted by Ecoces

lol

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

Originally posted by ChuvarHrama

Originally posted by Ecoces

lol

The thought of ranked warzones in this game made me shudder knowing how bad FPS could get in Huttball.

I mean, wouldn't that be a question on everyones lips right there?

• carebear77carebear77 Member Posts: 86

im unsubbing from MMORPG.COM due to all the trolling... 

If you like a game play it, If you dont , well dont, dont spoil it for everyone else with retarded comments, ( kinda like this one ) 

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

I'll wait for it to finish before i weigh in with detail.

But am I the only one that has a feeling that they are making things up as they go to please the question givers?

And most of all, some of these ideas are even in 1.2, the rest are later.....

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
This discussion has been closed.