Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Details Revealed about SWTOR Update 1.2 - Legacy

Comments

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

Originally posted by Celestian

Originally posted by MMOarQQ

Four months to add a guild bank... Maybe in 4 years they'll add guild "housing" and some real functionality.

LOL, housing? It already exists.

Uhhh, what game are you playing?  housing already exist?  I can only assume your referring to the space ships which are uncustomizable with 0 addons of any sort and nothing unique about them.  Basically they are a way to access other planets.  I've never thought of calling them houses...lol thats being awfully generous to descirbe them as a housing feature.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

our ship are customizable but i agree ,would be nice to be able to decorate and put aestethic to our taste even if it was via cash shop

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Originally posted by crysent

Uhhh, what a let down of a patch.  This was the only reason I was holding onto my subscription...but if this is truly all thats in this patch then I gotta let my sub go.

This patch still fails to even slightly address any of the problems really plagueing the game (Ilum, itemization, crafting).

So much about this game just makes you scratch your head and wonder what exactly Bioware was thinking.  While it is their first MMO as a company many of the people working on the game are seasoned mmo vets so why, oh why did they do what they did...?

My reccomendation for anyone considering playing.  It's a single player game that will provide 1 month of decent game experience.  If you expect NO real solid end game experience and are not big on PvP then it's a good time killer for a month, otherwise stay away.

I can't speak for Ilum, but I'm curious as to how you figure 1.2 doesn't address crafting and itemization. 1.2 is reported to have over 4 pages of Crew Skills related patch notes alone, and BioWare has stated the Crew Skills updates are being targeted at making crafting viable at endgame (new schematics for all crafts, less focus on BoP items, craftable augments, etc). There's apparently an improved version of Match Color in the trailer above (awesome!) and you'll be able to extract mods from purple items (including set bonuses) which will allow you to create whatever sorts of gear setups you want with whatever appearance you want.

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

Four months to add a guild bank... Maybe in 4 years they'll add guild "housing" and some real functionality.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Some nice features, some of them overdue, but I don't think it will be enough to stave off the population decline.  For that they would need to introduce something game changing.  

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Uhhh, what game are you playing?  housing already exist?  I can only assume your referring to the space ships which are uncustomizable with 0 addons of any sort and nothing unique about them.  Basically they are a way to access other planets.  I've never thought of calling them houses...lol thats being awfully generous to descirbe them as a housing feature.

I agree with this statement.  Just because they throw a bed in your spaceship doesn't make it a home.  We've seen housing implemented in various mmo already, instanced and noninstanced, that allowed for customization, display of trophies, etc.  Can anyone even go onto your spaceship?  The last time I tried to take a friend he could not enter my ship.

Originally posted by MikeB

Uhhh, what a let down of a patch.  This was the only reason I was holding onto my subscription...but if this is truly all thats in this patch then I gotta let my sub go.

This patch still fails to even slightly address any of the problems really plagueing the game (Ilum, itemization, crafting).

So much about this game just makes you scratch your head and wonder what exactly Bioware was thinking.  While it is their first MMO as a company many of the people working on the game are seasoned mmo vets so why, oh why did they do what they did...?

My reccomendation for anyone considering playing.  It's a single player game that will provide 1 month of decent game experience.  If you expect NO real solid end game experience and are not big on PvP then it's a good time killer for a month, otherwise stay away.

I can't speak for Ilum, but I'm curious as to how you figure 1.2 doesn't address crafting and itemization. 1.2 is reported to have over 4 pages of Crew Skills related patch notes alone, and BioWare has stated the Crew Skills updates are being targeted at making crafting viable at endgame (new schematics for all crafts, less focus on BoP items, craftable augments, etc). There's apparently an improved version of Match Color in the trailer above (awesome!) and you'll be able to extract mods from purple items (including set bonuses) which will allow you to create whatever sorts of gear setups you want with whatever appearance you want.

As for crafting - Yes, I've heard the reports and it is good that they are working on it because crafting is simply terrible at this point.  Problems with the current crafting are vast and range from all crew skills being completely worthless for everyone except Biochem (why would they do this in the first place)?  to the stupid bind on craft which I also can't possible understand.  As a 400 Cybertech I can make 1 single crappy looking speeder with NO bonuses outside the regular speeder and I can't even trade it.  It's bind on craft.

I guess I'll believe it when I see it.

As for Itemization my problem isn't that stuff doesn't look cool enough, its that there are 0 drops in the entire game, none, nada, nowhere that compete with PvP gear.  I've ran enough hardmodes to know that drops are irrelvent, they are worthless, I don't even roll on them.  There is no random chance for something cool, no feeling of getting lucky or exploration.  To me this is killer as there is no reason outside of getting the PvE sets from vendors to even partake in end game PvE.

Maybe your enjoying TOR and that's great but its very, very hard for me to see 1.2 fixing these issues that plague end game.  Illum is a whole different thing altogether and Bioware has made no mention of it at all.

• nikoliathnikoliath Member UncommonPosts: 1,154

I wonder how much it sucks working for a "fan" site that is so anti-everything. If the news in the update is not appealing to you why not just move on?

Originally posted by nikoliath

I wonder how much it sucks working for a "fan" site that is so anti-everything. If the news in the update is not appealing to you why not just move on?

If the negativity regarding the update is not appealing to you, then why not just move on?

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

World PvP with running battles is knowhere to be had - If you meet the enemy it's because one of you is lost. That's rubbish.

It's a little bit more of the same. 

I thought they wouldn't listen to the players and improve the game. And I was right.

I've unsubbed already, which is a real shame because I bought the Collector's Edition. 

Originally posted by Mors.Magne

World PvP with running battles is knowhere to be had - If you meet the enemy it's because one of you is lost. That's rubbish.

It's a little bit more of the same. 

I thought they wouldn't listen to the players and improve the game. And I was right.

I've unsubbed already, which is a real shame because I bought the Collector's Edition.

"World" PvP or Ilum is simply awful - it doesn't need minor tweaks, it needs a complete revamp.  When I first saw Ilum I thought along the lines of DAOC frontier.  Instead your more or less just inside a small zone where the whole purpose is repeatedly kill eachother endlessly with no point or repurcussions of any sort for dyeing, in fact, when killed your back in the fight in less then 30 seconds.

They have not even mentioned Ilum, which is a killer to me because it had so much potential but is just a broken, laggy crap zone.  And I'm not even certain if they will ever address it.  They are either ignoring it and giving up or they truly think it's working good.  I just don't understand what Bioware is doing.  It must be me I guess..

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

i so hope my Merc BH can get cover from my Gunslinger legacy. it might make playing a BodyGuard BH tolerable in PVP.

• nikoliathnikoliath Member UncommonPosts: 1,154

If the negativity regarding the update is not appealing to you, then why not just move on?

because i'm playing the game and thus have a vested interest. Must be a drain being so bitter and clever.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Originally posted by Mechanism

New abilities? Does anyone actually have any room left on their bars or unused keybindings for for more abilities?

Now THIS is a good question. I hope the UI customization they are adding allows for more bottom bars and total control over position and sizing. Especially if they are adding to the already abundant skills. Don't get me wrong..I hope they never narrow it down to 7 skills like many themepark mmos end up doing....but there is little room in the current UI setup for even a few more skills.

because i'm playing the game and thus have a vested interest. Must be a drain being so bitter and clever.

I'm a first day buyer with as much of a vested interest. Must be a drain being so presumptuous.

• Requiem6Requiem6 Member Posts: 237

Really nice new features. I wish they would have release the game just a little mode late and implent all this at launch.

But sadly I don't really want to pay again until they fix Ilum :/

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Things that shoulda been in from the get-go, but i guess better late then never.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • KholeKhole Member CommonPosts: 136

Originally posted by muthax

Originally posted by Khole

Originally posted by Skuz

Originally posted by Khole

Six months free to play. Place your bets here.

First it was 2, then 3 now 6....I'll place a bet shall I?

In May people like you will be saying "Free to Play 12 months after launch" Let's see who ends up being right?

Game time card of winners choosing as prize?

If you had any brain, you would notice that not even WAR went F2P, and that was a disaster from day one, while TOR is a succesfull game. The fact that wowkiddies left after a coupel of months is just gravy

You call me a troll while saying " wow kiddies" and TOR is a successful game. How can you know its a success when it hasn't even been out for 6 months yet? You might want to alt tab out of wow in space and actually look up what trolling means.

If i was a troll i wouldn't bother responding to your poorly written accusations and insults.

As far as the bet if you dont' like it don't bother commenting about it or participating.

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Originally posted by nationalcity

Anything about the UI I don't feel like reading through 30 replies?

Watch the vid... looks like you'll be able to resize and move everything around.

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594

>>ranked Warzones (with ranked gear tiers)

How is that going to work? Based on someone's gear? What they are wearing while queueing up? While clicking the "enter WZ" button? How would you prevent someone from going through the gear check with basic lvl50 greens and then swapping into their BM gear when in-zone? (Note: I haven't tried this, so maybe it's moot if they already don't allow gear swapping in WZs.) Or is the game going to check the best piece of eqiupment on your account, whether worn or in inventory?

Maybe going by valor would be better? At least you can't fake that.

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

Originally posted by ButeoRegalis

How is that going to work? Based on someone's gear? What they are wearing while queueing up? While clicking the "enter WZ" button? How would you prevent someone from going through the gear check with basic lvl50 greens and then swapping into their BM gear when in-zone? (Note: I haven't tried this, so maybe it's moot if they already don't allow gear swapping in WZs.) Or is the game going to check the best piece of eqiupment on your account, whether worn or in inventory?

It probably means gear based on what rank you are that you earned by doing the ranked warzones. WoW has this but its called rating, basically you earn it based on your wins/losses, as you progress up you can buy different gear. 

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Xerith

Originally posted by ButeoRegalis

It probably means gear based on what rank you are that you earned by doing the ranked warzones. WoW has this but its called rating, basically you earn it based on your wins/losses, as you progress up you can buy different gear. 

Sounds like the "living breathing world" they mentioned a few days ago.
  • Superduper69Superduper69 Member Posts: 363

I'm a first day buyer with as much of a vested interest. Must be a drain being so presumptuous.

Yes you do but not the kind he is talking about. Unless you call waiting for the game to crash and burn...a vested interest. Trust me when you don't enjoy something best thing is to move on.[Mod Edit]

• beowulf2014beowulf2014 Member UncommonPosts: 72

Yes but,

Ilum is a joke and no overhaul in site to fix that steaming pile...

New Operation? Hell, you ain't got the old ones to work correctly on any given day.. Fix a bug to create a bug (still no Master loot in EV on Normal)...

UI Customize? Should have been day one. Do you get more hot bars? Target of Target? One can hope...

New Flahspoint? Who does them now anyways? Most skip over them to get to 50 then just run normal evault to gear up since it's easier than a normal Rift dungeon....

New crafting? Ya, well before they release 1.2, they are releasing all kinds of rare crystals for sale in 1.1.5 making it so whne 1.2 comes out, most will already have their rare crystals and not need my Artifice skills.. Way to go!

Legacy? Wait, isn't this the same thing? No real end game challange, except the challenge of re-rerolling an alt to grind back up... 7 more times?

2 CE's cancelled subscriptions (wife and I).  Now in a wait and see mode.