Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please Blizzard make new WOW.

1235»

Comments

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Originally posted by Zairu

Originally posted by andreika111

gw2 will keem me busy not playing blizzard products that cost a fortune

3 expansions down the line, GW2 will not be much (if any) cheaper.

point?

I dont think that is true atall.

Mists of pandaria is listed as 40$ on amazon for the preorder thing

Guild Wars expansion is listed as 20$ (not sure if that is reduced price or original)

So 14.99 per month plus an expansion cost of 40 bucks vs. a no subscription cost and 20$ expansion doesnt nearly come close to being relatively the same cost. Sorry.

14.99 + expansion cost of 40$ over 6 months= 130 bucks roughly

vs.

20$ expansion for GW = 20$

Even if the expansion was 60 bucks, it'd still, only be 60 bucks, less than half the price.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

I bought all of GW1 for 50€ (which is like 70$ or something ?).

Played it for 3 days, never touched it again. Not going to play GW2 either.

I also once read how much it would actually cost to play WoW, if you want the full game. Very expensive.

I much prefer the system of Vanguard. All new content is always part of the game. Everyone plays the same game.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Zairu

Originally posted by andreika111

gw2 will keem me busy not playing blizzard products that cost a fortune

3 expansions down the line, GW2 will not be much (if any) cheaper.

point?

While I never played Wow that much I played gw and eq2.

Expenses for gW: 4 boxes for about $150. 4 years playing.

In EQ2 I bought boxes for about same price and payed monthly fees for 15 bucks a month 8I think i played it a year longer though. Anyways, 15 bucks is $180 every year.

Since Wow only releases expansions every second year you probably will have to pay for twis'ce the number of expansions for GW2. So if one expansion cost $180 8not likely at all) it would still cost you twice the amount to play Wow.

Lets say gw2 cost you $60 for the box and for that matter for all expansions, expansions probably will cost less but lets say so. 3 expansions means about 4 years into the game, right? that is $240.

Just the monthly fees of Wow for 4 years is $720 not counting the sale of the game and expansions.

Of course if you spend $140 every year in gw2 to buy vanity stuff in the item shop and nothing in Wow it would be the same but I find that rather unlikely, if you buy that much vanity junk in gw2 you probably buy some in Wow as well.

Nothing against Wow or anything but B2P gets cheaper than P2P no matter how you see it. You might feel that the P2P game is worth more money, no problem with that but it ain´t cheaper.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Originally posted by Adamantine

I also once read how much it would actually cost to play WoW, if you want the full game. Very expensive.

I much prefer the system of Vanguard. All new content is always part of the game. Everyone plays the same game.

I'd be alright with paying per month for gw2, if it followed the vanguard pattern you describe.

14.99 per month and free expansions would work for me.

EDIT: as long as the cash shop went out the window

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

I Vanguards case it is not really because the developers is so nice but because their crew is so small that they never bothered to make a real expansion. For EQ2 they have a paid expansion every year.

There are games who really include plenty of free new stuff into the game though, like City of heroes. 

Originally posted by Toxia

I'd be alright with paying per month for gw2, if it followed the vanguard pattern you describe.

14.99 per month and free expansions would work for me.

EDIT: as long as the cash shop went out the window

Me too but I rather have it B2P.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

*Looks back at the last few expansions blizzard did* Um... you sure now?

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

They are working on Titan which will again break the bank and draw away players from any other games, then everyone will try and copy titan for another 4 years. Not only that but its likely to be F2P. That is where all MMORPGs are going, in 10 years I doubt we will see any P2P MMOs released.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

seeing people starting this thread they actually WANT a next WOW kinda confuses me......all the time people are crying they want something different then wow and then some people seem to actually want a wow 2.0

As for me personal, i am not waiting on a next themepark......i am hoping that in the next ten years someone will make a good sandbox to my liking....otherwise i'll be playing single player rpg's and racing games untill a good one comes out.

PS: minecraft REALLY surprised me there......simple but real sandbox.

For now i am still busy with the story in SWTOR....yeah yeah, i know....SWTOR is evil...BLABLABLA......but hey what can i say....i am a sucker for a good story.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Originally posted by rav3n2

They are working on Titan which will again break the bank and draw away players from any other games, then everyone will try and copy titan for another 4 years. 

Good Luck. Face it, if it wasn't for the fact WoW had practically 0 competition compared to games today (granted Everquest 2 was a significant competitor, just blooped enough to tarnish them) it would never have done as good as it had. I enjoyed WoW and found it to be a great game, but if it came out today with how it was on released... hell screw released... if it came out nice and polished and lets say at Wotlk level, it wouldn't fair half as good as it is today. Hell, I'd even come to bet it would have trouble even having 1/4th as much subscribers as it did at its peek. 

Games we have grown on tend to be ones that succeed best. When there is little competition it makes a game a lot easier to grow greatly in popularity. Games we have played for some time are ones we will often revisit in our lives several times if the memories it created are great enough. Blizzards success is primarily due to the hold it has on a lot of people who had played it while it had very little competition to go against. With the MMo market booming as it is today, it stands little chance to ever gain anywhere close to its peek glory.

• 1carcarah11carcarah1 Member Posts: 172

Unfortunately Blizzard stopped being that producer who took risks and launched awesome innovative games to be just the one who launch good-to-average games in order to make good profits. Just look at the last WoW expansions, Starcraft II and Diablo III. A new WoW wont happen

• BanaghranBanaghran Member Posts: 869

Originally posted by Purutzil

They are working on Titan which will again break the bank and draw away players from any other games, then everyone will try and copy titan for another 4 years. 

Good Luck. Face it, if it wasn't for the fact WoW had practically 0 competition compared to games today (granted Everquest 2 was a significant competitor, just blooped enough to tarnish them) it would never have done as good as it had. I enjoyed WoW and found it to be a great game, but if it came out today with how it was on released... hell screw released... if it came out nice and polished and lets say at Wotlk level, it wouldn't fair half as good as it is today. Hell, I'd even come to bet it would have trouble even having 1/4th as much subscribers as it did at its peek. 

Games we have grown on tend to be ones that succeed best. When there is little competition it makes a game a lot easier to grow greatly in popularity. Games we have played for some time are ones we will often revisit in our lives several times if the memories it created are great enough. Blizzards success is primarily due to the hold it has on a lot of people who had played it while it had very little competition to go against. With the MMo market booming as it is today, it stands little chance to ever gain anywhere close to its peek glory.

Lineage 2, Runescape, Eve, DAoC were not insignificant competitors.

By that standards, even nowadays, wow has zero competition, maybe except of swtor, because its new.

Flame on!

:)

Originally posted by 1carcarah1

Unfortunately Blizzard stopped being that producer who took risks and launched awesome innovative games to be just the one who launch good-to-average games in order to make good profits. Just look at the last WoW expansions, Starcraft II and Diablo III. A new WoW wont happen

Wait, you say that Blizzard rather remake old games than try to take risks and that they wont make a new Wow?

Wouldn´t Wow 2 be a very logical project on their list? Those guys love making sequels.

They are working on Titan which will again break the bank and draw away players from any other games, then everyone will try and copy titan for another 4 years. Not only that but its likely to be F2P. That is where all MMORPGs are going, in 10 years I doubt we will see any P2P MMOs released.

I am not so sure. Titan might actually get a lot more "this isn´t Wow" complaints than any other games.

I think titan will have as much probalem to go up against Wow as any other game, probably even more. 

I agree with you though that P2P at least for now is fading. It is really logical as well, bandwidth is a lot cheaper and if you get the item shop right it can get you more income than monthly fees can anyways. But I also think B2P MMOs as GW2 and Class 4 will make an impact on future games as well. B2P allows you to get in some money from the people who don´t buy stuff in the shop, and you can sell more fluff than stuff people actually must have when you have another income as well.

Originally posted by Loke666

Wait, you say that Blizzard rather remake old games than try to take risks and that they wont make a new Wow?

Wouldn´t Wow 2 be a very logical project on their list? Those guys love making sequels.

I was trying to say they wont make a game with same success as WoW. Not with the same philosophy they used to guide their last productions.

I was trying to say they wont make a game with same success as WoW. Not with the same philosophy they used to guide their last productions.

For some reason do i think that Wow 2 when it eventually releases will have plenty of subs.

Titan is another matter though, it might flop but Wow 2 have the potential to bring back all old Wow players and plenty of new ones.

I don´t think Wows problem is so much Blizzards philosophy as much as the fact that the game started to loose players after Kaplan left it. If he is the lead designer on wow 2 they still can get in tons of players.

• FrostWyrmFrostWyrm Member Posts: 1,036

If you want to create a good game:

(a) be a gamer

(b) create the game you would like to play

You forgot (c) have money.

This is a big reason why bad games get made. The gamers often cant afford to make a game, and the non-gamers don't want to pay for innovation, only stagnation.

For some reason do i think that Wow 2 when it eventually releases will have plenty of subs.

Titan is another matter though, it might flop but Wow 2 have the potential to bring back all old Wow players and plenty of new ones.

I don´t think Wows problem is so much Blizzards philosophy as much as the fact that the game started to loose players after Kaplan left it. If he is the lead designer on wow 2 they still can get in tons of players.

Like Bioware, Blizzard has tons of followers. But in the same way as TOR, their games tendency is to lose, not gaining subs,  unlike it was with WoW

And WoWs subs also started to drop after the patch of Lich Kings death. Coincidence?

Like Bioware, Blizzard has tons of followers. But in the same way as TOR, their games tendency is to lose, not gaining subs,  unlike it was with WoW

And WoWs subs also started to drop after the patch of Lich Kings death. Coincidence?

I think Blizzard's continued efforts to over-simplify an already uncomplicated game is what's driving away a lot of their subs.

That, and for some reason people hate the idea of Pandaren. Honestly, cow people are fine but pandas are bad? I don't get the logic.

• blackcat35blackcat35 Member Posts: 479

I still laugh when I think of playing a panda in WOW.  Not just any Panda, but a monk panda.  And people still don't think you should mention KUNG FU PANDA....come on, you can play a panda, play a monk, or play a monk Panda that does kung fu.

I'm not the only amused person on hearing the new expansion.

==========================
    The game is dead not, this game is good we make it and Romania Tv give it 5 goat heads, this is good rating for game.

• gainesvilleggainesvilleg Member CommonPosts: 1,053

Originally posted by blackcat35

I still laugh when I think of playing a panda in WOW.  Not just any Panda, but a monk panda.  And people still don't think you should mention KUNG FU PANDA....come on, you can play a panda, play a monk, or play a monk Panda that does kung fu.

It's called jumping the shark and Blizzard has officially done that now with WoW...

GW2 "built from the ground up with microtransactions in mind"
    1) Cash->Gems->Gold->Influence->WvWvWBoosts = PAY2WIN
    2) Mystic Chests = Crass in-game cash shop advertisements

So this is all about the movie Kung Fu Panda?

Pandarans predate that ridiculous movie by several years. Pandarans actually predate WoW.

Sounds like "Swastica syndrome". Used to be a perfectly normal, widely-used symbol in a lot of eastern religions. Then one a-hole and his chronies come along and start using it and its ruined for everyone.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

I still laugh when I think about all the people who think that WoW has only just recently become childish with this latest addition. Because cow people and all the other animal humanoids are way more realistic right?

Also Pandaren Monks were around before the Kung Fu Panda movie in Warcraft 3. Associating a cultural animal with that same cultures martial art is hardly a stretch in terms of imagination.

I dont like or play WoW, but really, all this animosity over something that quite frankly looks like it belongs in that world is a bit silly.