Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Server Are WE (F2P) Joining?

ColumbiaTrueColumbiaTrue Member Posts: 47

Has the Everquest community reached a consensus on the server that we will all be joining at the F2P launch?

"The truth is EA lies." - Youtube User

Sim City. Everquest. Civilization. Dungeon Keeper. Vampire: The Masquerade. These are the games that I love and cherish.

Comments

• dauntSilverdauntSilver Member Posts: 146

I believe they will be opening a brand new server when F2P launches.. they have not announced the name yet though.

• SiiionSiiion Member Posts: 69

There's a lot of us who've been playing on Xegony that couldn't want for F2P, even a few lowbie guilds have started up. Check out xegony, my name is oogie

Ok, actually what I said about a "new server" opening up.. Not too sure on that anymore.

My vote is for Xegony, gonna start up an account tonight to get a bit ahead. see you guys there!

• SiiionSiiion Member Posts: 69

Yeah, i dont know if there will be a new server or not. But there are some guilds forming up specifically for f2p launch, some already formed on xegony. People will be selling Defiant gear at very cheap prices for people leveling up, as its really some of the best stuff you can get for pretty cheap

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809

I will play on the classic server and or a new one if they open another.

• MizzmoMizzmo Member UncommonPosts: 133

i haven't played EQ in a while. Are they going to have a F2P Classic server? And if so what will be the rules?

• KholeKhole Member CommonPosts: 136

Rallos Zek sounds like a good server. 

It's the only pvp server they have if i'm not mistaken.

• DeadlyneDeadlyne Member UncommonPosts: 232

There is a new server starting for sure.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=183777

I'll definitely be there.  Hopefully a progression guild starts, I'd like to go through most of the content.  You can find me on there are Ivan, Deadlyne and/or Mylez.  Hope to see you all there.

Just to question the philosophy. Army of Socrates.

• corechambercorechamber Member UncommonPosts: 148

Tough choice, Xegony or the New Vox Server.

I'm willing to bet there will be far more grouping opportunities on the Vox server.  Since most people joining the f2p will most likely want to go there.  There is the disadvantage that raid mobs will be down constantly though until people start outgearing a bit of the content.  That may agitate some people who dont play too much or arent in a hardcoreish guild.  I dont mind that though,  I'll hang back for a little while.

• ColumbiaTrueColumbiaTrue Member Posts: 47

If there is a new server launching with the F2P, then I will almost certainly be joining the new server.

"The truth is EA lies." - Youtube User

Sim City. Everquest. Civilization. Dungeon Keeper. Vampire: The Masquerade. These are the games that I love and cherish.

Originally posted by ColumbiaTrue

If there is a new server launching with the F2P, then I will almost certainly be joining the new server.

The new server will be named "VOX"... Hope to see you there, my friend. :]

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680

Be ready for a huge learning curve if you havent played in awhile.   The game has changed very much in the last 2 years let alone 8 years.

• zytinzytin Member UncommonPosts: 202

I was thinking of going everquest or everquest II....hm.   what playtimes are you guys going?

I'll be on prolly about 1-4pm est and 8-11 weekdays and some point during the weekends.

• bhugbhug Member UncommonPosts: 944

does eq1 still have a nuby tutorial dungon (? grim something) wherin one can acquire decent starter armor/weapon/money and a good bit of exp?

Also will ftp have access to the test server?

• CrepitusCrepitus Member Posts: 49

Originally posted by bhug

does eq1 still have a nuby tutorial dungon (? grim something) wherin one can acquire decent starter armor/weapon/money and a good bit of exp?

Also will ftp have access to the test server?

Yes, Mines of Gloomingdeep. Defiant armor drop on any random mobs, they also plan a welcome package to new players.

Not sure about test server.

I'll be on on Vox.