Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lf Community/Gaming Partner's

Mag1sterMag1ster Member Posts: 97

Hello fellow Mmo'er. As the name of the topic suggest i am seeking a partner/community to try out MMORPG.

I am 28 Year old, optimist kind of person who like mostly all sort of mmorpg. My only exigence is that i do not want mindless grind, even more if it doesnt serve any purpose.

Im a french Canadien but i can speak engish fairly well, mind it with an accent. Im currently in the process of finding a new path of career wich mean i have a good flexibility in my schedule. This being said i have a family (2 year kid and wife) wich mean i can't play 40+ hours a week.

Like most people i played WoW for a long time. Been into high end raiding community as raid leader/officier/member. Also managed to pull just a few point away from the gladiator title back in S2. This being said i don't like playing a game for competitive pvp only as it tend to make people go mad. Social gaming for me is a must.

I am currently waiting on GW2/TSW like most MMO player. A lot of good game are on the market at the moment, but i find it hard to start in a new one without any social going around.

The game itself is not my goal, it's more about the comunity. I do not want to be carried in the leveling process otherwise il just stop playing as fast as i started. Same thing for playing alone, i want to play in team, even while leveling.

Closing the topic, ive tried many game. Most of the time for 1 month or less. I won't list them all, because id honestly think it would be easier just to stat game i didnt try -_-

Til we meet in game, good gaming.

Magister (Primex in game)

Comments

• Mag1sterMag1ster Member Posts: 97

Upon reading my post i get the general idea that i wasnt clear about what i am seeking.

I want to meet up with a single individual or a group to experience game together. I do not mind replaying any of the game i played before (exept WoW) as long as it is with a partner/group.

The essence of mmorpg is teamplay and unfortunately we do not get enough out of it when starting up in Mmorpg.

You can contact me by e-mail if interested at [email protected]

• dauntSilverdauntSilver Member Posts: 146

I feel the same way. For me, the community and population is much more important than the actual workings of a game. I mean, what is the point of getting to a high level when you have no mmo friends to share the experience with? If you have any suggestions on games you want to try, let me know. (preferably F2P) :]

Oh, Everquest becomes sorta F2P March 16.. I'm probably gonna play that if I find nothing else. I used to play it long ago.

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

Originally posted by Mag1ster

Hello fellow Mmo'er. As the name of the topic suggest i am seeking a partner/community to try out MMORPG.

I am 28 Year old, optimist kind of person who like mostly all sort of mmorpg. My only exigence is that i do not want mindless grind, even more if it doesnt serve any purpose.

Im a french Canadien but i can speak engish fairly well, mind it with an accent. Im currently in the process of finding a new path of career wich mean i have a good flexibility in my schedule. This being said i have a family (2 year kid and wife) wich mean i can't play 40+ hours a week.

Like most people i played WoW for a long time. Been into high end raiding community as raid leader/officier/member. Also managed to pull just a few point away from the gladiator title back in S2. This being said i don't like playing a game for competitive pvp only as it tend to make people go mad. Social gaming for me is a must.

I am currently waiting on GW2/TSW like most MMO player. A lot of good game are on the market at the moment, but i find it hard to start in a new one without any social going around.

The game itself is not my goal, it's more about the comunity. I do not want to be carried in the leveling process otherwise il just stop playing as fast as i started. Same thing for playing alone, i want to play in team, even while leveling.

Closing the topic, ive tried many game. Most of the time for 1 month or less. I won't list them all, because id honestly think it would be easier just to stat game i didnt try -_-

Til we meet in game, good gaming.

Magister (Primex in game)

sent email.

Currently bored with MMO's.

I was actually thinking about trying back EQII when it go F2P with a friend of mine.

Im not quite sure if he'll follow up and id be really happy to play with another gamer, il contact you in a few.

• miniviniminivini Member Posts: 9
    I have never played EQ before but I am currently in search of a game and community to play with. When you guys decide to start up let me know and I would love to start a new game with a nice community.

Some games I were looking at:

Perfect World International

Age of Conan

Dragon Nest

you guys interested in any of these?

*edit

I am currently downloading Aion. gonna give it a try since it is basically F2P now (unlimited free trial). let me know if you guys wanna join me. :]

I don't know about any of those games, but I'm going to check out the Darkfall free trial. It would be nice to have someone to play with if anyone wants to join me.

Originally posted by minivini

I don't know about any of those games, but I'm going to check out the Darkfall free trial. It would be nice to have someone to play with if anyone wants to join me.

I've seen too many bad reviews about that game to want to try it.. Let us know how it is though. :]

Ive recently tried Darkfall. It is a nice game by it's nature. Community work is encouraged by the hardcore pvp focus of the game.

The big problem is that Aventurine is small greek companie wich used governement fund to push over the project 3 year ago. They didnt release the game nearly finished, wich drove away player base rapidly.

Now they are using subscriber money to actually develop a new Darkfall (Darkfall 2.0) and they will wipe clean the server while making us buy again the game with a few change (graphical and class design).

If this wasnt enough 90% of player playing the game are vets with character who have 1-2 year of progression worth before you can actually compete with them. 3 of my friend went to this game, they do not work wich let them play 8 hours a day. Believe me, after 3 month they are not even close to actually 3vs1 one of the good player. I do not want to invest such  time into a game supported by such a campany, and even more when the game is about to wipe clean their server.

Thanks for the info on Darkfall. I'm still going to try it out for a bit just because its free and I already downloaded it, but I'm glad to play any other game with you guys.

...yeah, so screw Aion. I've started up an EQ trial account (14 day trial) until EQ becomes F2P. currently on Xegony server. feel free to join me! :D

• jdavidw13jdavidw13 Member Posts: 1

I sent you an email.  Keep me updated, as I'd like to find someone to play with as well.

• BBQDruidBBQDruid Member UncommonPosts: 10

I would be happy to play with anyone here on EQ or Aion. I would prefer leveling up with someone because it makes the game more interesting than solo grinding. I usually play in the early morning hours EST while I work (1-8AM EST). Please feel free to e-mail me or tell me mumble/add me on Skype and we will hit it up.

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244

Did you guys land on a game yet ?

• eranoreranor Member Posts: 13

Hey guys I've been falling out of the gaming community for the same reason, lost all my mmo friends because i couldn't keep playing wow, was too bored with it. I am currently subbed to (yet hardly play) Aion. Aion is going ftp on April 11th (announced today) and it is an amazingly polished mmo yet does have a bit of a grind, however they did create a new "Mentor" program that allows high lvls to help you farm xp. The game is based (in my opinion) mainly on the community and it is a very close knit community, which me starting late haven't really found a place that I fit in. Anyways, just throwing that out there as a suggestion seeing as how with the new patch 3.0 and the ftp I am sure more players will start, so it could be a newish mmo to try :P

either way I'm open to other mmos as well if you want to email me at    [email protected]