Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

gankers, murders, griefers solution.

Comments

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Before handing these bloodmarks/footprints in can you see the name of the character involved? I would like the opportunity to keep the inciminating items and impose some real justice, preferably with the items on me not letting it effect my own criminal record.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    The OP should give credit to the person who wrote that summary if they are going to copy and paste it word for word.
  • jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Originally posted by MustaphaMond

Originally posted by Rhoklaw

So let me get this straight...

Someone spends a day or even a week collectings stuff...

Then someone comes along and steals it all in 10 minutes...

Even if he gets caught, he only has to spends 30 minutes in jail?

Where does it say "full loot"?

and even if it did say f"full loot", if you spent a week collecting something and kept it all on your character, you probably deserve to lose it anyway.

• TROLL_HARDTROLL_HARD Member Posts: 312

Originally posted by Bobbie203

Crime

When you collect over 100 crime points and you die or log off and on again you will find yourself in jail! It takes a fair bit of killing/stealing to find yourself in jail so you've got lots of room to explore your evil side. When in jail you get a debuff that lasts 30 minutes that prevents you from using any skills or teleporting. For the first 10 minutes in jail you are stuck in a jail cell. After that time the door opens and you are let out to explore the jail. There are some boxes you can break open to obtain the various pieces of the prisoner uniform. There's also a soccer field with a ball to kick around and a scoreboard to keep you and your fellow inmates entertained. If you don't like kicking a soccer ball you can kick the rats that are roaming around. If you kick enough of them they will eventually drop a key! This key can be used to open the door of a tower that contains a bunch of chests inside it. The chests give you a parachute (the icon looks like one anyway) that you can use to escape. So you climb to the top of the tower (has to be done on the outside of it using a very narrow spiral ramp making you risk falling down and dieing) and use the parachute. The parachute is really just a glider but it forces you in the direction you were facing when you launched it. It lasts for 10 seconds so you better have aimed it well enough to land in the water, otherwise you will fall and land on the ground and die (the jail is located on an island and is pretty much like Alcatraz). Unfortunately, since the debuff lasts 30 minutes you still can't really do anything if you escape from jail. You can summon your boat but you can't use it. I'm hoping they change this before the game hits retail

Major spoiler, dude.

• drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Here's a vid of prison life.
  • CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Originally posted by mrw0lf

Before handing these bloodmarks/footprints in can you see the name of the character involved? I would like the opportunity to keep the inciminating items and impose some real justice, preferably with the items on me not letting it effect my own criminal record.

The 'evidence' lasts 1 hour before decaying, not enough for a real blackmail oppurtunity.  But a personal side record is more than possible.

As to the above comment about did I have a source for the exile 'Pirate' status, yes, including the 3K point number, however it was on the goha.ru site in one of their daily posts, I will look for it, but I will need to translate and re-read like the latest 10-15 days, each of which has a 5-8 page thread, in russian... /sigh

• JojinJojin Member UncommonPosts: 120

Originally posted by spankybus

With thiis question, I would suggest that items can be 'marked' when purchased by their new owner. If you are caught and sent to Jail, any marked items in your possession get returned to the original owner via in-game mail system.

The items 'Stolen', which leave footprints, are going to be things grown like trees and plants.  So it doesn't make sense these types of things would be marked with your name.

If you lost items from being killed, again the items are crafting materials and not actual items so the same would still apply.

• DredphyreDredphyre Member Posts: 601

How long before the number of prison visits becomes a badge of honor among griefers?

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Possible - they will be punished none-the-less though.

• MustaphaMondMustaphaMond Member UncommonPosts: 341

Originally posted by Dredphyre

How long before the number of prison visits becomes a badge of honor among griefers?

Not long.

And to the person who mentioned bounties, just ask Raph Koster and any pre-Trammel UO player how much of a deterrent a bounty system is: http://gdcvault.com/play/1015142/It-s-All-Games-Now (see 43:15 - 43:55)

• DredphyreDredphyre Member Posts: 601

Originally posted by MustaphaMond

Not long.

And to the person who mentioned bounties, just ask Raph Koster and any pre-Trammel UO player how much of a deterrent a bounty system is: http://gdcvault.com/play/1015142/It-s-All-Games-Now (see 43:15 - 43:55)

I'm watching the entire clip. Thanks for this.

• LordRelicLordRelic Member Posts: 281

Crime

Killing someone from the other continent can be done without penalty. However, if you decide to attack someone from your continent, you will spatter blood which will give you crime points. If you kill them then the blood will give you more crime points. Witnesses to the crime can pick up the blood and submit it (just click on it in your inventory) and report it. Blood is currently not trade-able.

If somebody was daring enough to plant things outside of their protected area you are free to steal them! If you decide to steal something from someone else though, you will leave behind footprints for each item you steal! (you are given a pop-up window to confirm that you do infact want to steal their stuff). Players can pick up these footprints and report you for the crime. Footprints disappear over time but I'm not sure how long it takes for this to happen. It's definitely less than a day though. If you want to be really sneaky you can scrub away your footprints or blood using a consumable item (a broom) so that others can't report you. However, if you stole enough to really aggravate them then they have the opportunity to play detective. They get a consumable (powder of some sort) that they can throw over a certain area to reveal footprints/blood that have been hidden.

When you collect over 100 crime points and you die or log off and on again you will find yourself in jail! It takes a fair bit of killing/stealing to find yourself in jail so you've got lots of room to explore your evil side. When in jail you get a debuff that lasts 30 minutes that prevents you from using any skills or teleporting. For the first 10 minutes in jail you are stuck in a jail cell. After that time the door opens and you are let out to explore the jail. There are some boxes you can break open to obtain the various pieces of the prisoner uniform. There's also a soccer field with a ball to kick around and a scoreboard to keep you and your fellow inmates entertained. If you don't like kicking a soccer ball you can kick the rats that are roaming around. If you kick enough of them they will eventually drop a key! This key can be used to open the door of a tower that contains a bunch of chests inside it. The chests give you a parachute (the icon looks like one anyway) that you can use to escape. So you climb to the top of the tower (has to be done on the outside of it using a very narrow spiral ramp making you risk falling down and dieing) and use the parachute. The parachute is really just a glider but it forces you in the direction you were facing when you launched it. It lasts for 10 seconds so you better have aimed it well enough to land in the water, otherwise you will fall and land on the ground and die (the jail is located on an island and is pretty much like Alcatraz). Unfortunately, since the debuff lasts 30 minutes you still can't really do anything if you escape from jail. You can summon your boat but you can't use it. I'm hoping they change this before the game hits retail

This wont change a damn thing. omg i got to spend 15 mins escaping jail.  woopty do.  Unless there severely punished  to the point of almost losing there toon or everything they own then it wont change a damn thing.

• LordRelicLordRelic Member Posts: 281

Crime

Killing someone from the other continent can be done without penalty. However, if you decide to attack someone from your continent, you will spatter blood which will give you crime points. If you kill them then the blood will give you more crime points. Witnesses to the crime can pick up the blood and submit it (just click on it in your inventory) and report it. Blood is currently not trade-able.

If somebody was daring enough to plant things outside of their protected area you are free to steal them! If you decide to steal something from someone else though, you will leave behind footprints for each item you steal! (you are given a pop-up window to confirm that you do infact want to steal their stuff). Players can pick up these footprints and report you for the crime. Footprints disappear over time but I'm not sure how long it takes for this to happen. It's definitely less than a day though. If you want to be really sneaky you can scrub away your footprints or blood using a consumable item (a broom) so that others can't report you. However, if you stole enough to really aggravate them then they have the opportunity to play detective. They get a consumable (powder of some sort) that they can throw over a certain area to reveal footprints/blood that have been hidden.

Edit: sorry double posted =(  so ill add one mroe thing.

This is almost like a vaction from griefing  you get a 30 min debuff aww to bad.   Death penelty ( perma)  is a nice  punishment not a 30 min debuff.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Yarr!  You should be thankful some players are willing to be the bad guy or else what would the "good guys" do?

Pirate island sounds like fun.  Do I get an eye patch and a parrot?

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

Yea what a joke. Gank a hundred players, then go take a 30 min lunch break.

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

Originally posted by ghoul31

Yea what a joke. Gank a hundred players, then go take a 30 min lunch break.

Well hopefully carebears will stick to games like GW2. 

It sadens me so much that AA won't be released any time soon :(

• Mordred1Mordred1 Member UncommonPosts: 84

Actually it would be pretty cool if it was full loot like that. People would have to watch their backs instead of going AFK for a pizza.

• KruulKruul Member UncommonPosts: 482

Originally posted by RefMinor

I wonder if they have showers in them prisons

lol, I hope not or I'm bringing my soap on a rope

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

I'm laughing at the people who say "You can only take materials." Materials are the most important loot in sandbox MMO's.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• RealPvPisFPSRealPvPisFPS Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by sullivanj69

I have high hopes for archeage.  I've never been a fan of in game systems that punish player killers, I always liked the dynamic of pkers and anti-pkers fighting it out.  I could live with a prison system but the door has to swing both ways.  You can't punish people for ganking without giving them some sort loot reward or all you get is a game where no fights each other. 

Really....really?????? What do all PvPers have in common? Yup they are all pu$$ies that's what. 99% of them are running script programs and/or other various hacks to gain advantage in PvP. You take these pro PvPers who defend PvP and have to have it and throw these cowards in real skilled games like FPS's and they get owned every time.

Oh what's wrong.....your script programs don't work in FPS....ahhhh poor little b!tches.........

• hotixhotix Member UncommonPosts: 130

I'll #$%# you in any FPS or MMO you want to play. You are what we call a prime target. You cry and complain and send hate tells. Thank you for gaming I love people who get so mad when they are really just bad.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Originally posted by RealPvPisFPS

Originally posted by sullivanj69

I have high hopes for archeage.  I've never been a fan of in game systems that punish player killers, I always liked the dynamic of pkers and anti-pkers fighting it out.  I could live with a prison system but the door has to swing both ways.  You can't punish people for ganking without giving them some sort loot reward or all you get is a game where no fights each other. 

Really....really?????? What do all PvPers have in common? Yup they are all pu$$ies that's what. 99% of them are running script programs and/or other various hacks to gain advantage in PvP. You take these pro PvPers who defend PvP and have to have it and throw these cowards in real skilled games like FPS's and they get owned every time.

Oh what's wrong.....your script programs don't work in FPS....ahhhh poor little b!tches.........

Where is your evidence that 99% of PvPers are cheating?

Sounds to me like your Halo skills don't tranfer well over to mmo's and that upsets you.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 828

The real solution to this is to have a jail system where the stay time is measured in terms of HOURS, not minutes.

[Mod Edit]

• KholeKhole Member CommonPosts: 136

Originally posted by Ryukan

The real solution to this is to have a jail system where the stay time is measured in terms of HOURS, not minutes.

[Mod Edit]

How about they just get a tattoo instead.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,003

Ok I have an idea inspired from UO Forensic Evaluation skill. A detective skill that you use on objects and players saying who made it and where as well as who killed who and where with variouse degree of success. Part of the skill could involve you can get a trail leading to the pk'er based on your detective skill. Once the pker gets revealed they flash grey and when killed drop all their loot and get sent to jail for 30 minutes. Right click player then click investigate.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.