Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And with this I no longer care about TOR, GW2, TERA or AA

Comments

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Originally posted by Master10K

Originally posted by BadSpock

Originally posted by Meerkat93

Originally posted by Superduper69

Good for you that you no longer care just after watching a CGI video which tell us absolutely nothing about the game at all.

Doesn't matter Mechwarriors

You can't go wrong with giant robots blowing eachother up.

Except it's not really a MMO.

It's like GW1.

MMO lobbies with everything instanced 16 player matches or some such.

It's all on their website...

Yeah, I also heard about that as well. Does that mean it's pretty much like World of Tanks or something?

That's the way it sounds to me.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Originally posted by syntax42

MechWarrior Online looks like it won't be a true MMO, unfortunately.  From reading their FAQ, I can figure out how the game is going to be deployed.  It will basically be like most FPS games, where you use a server browser to get into matches.  There will be no persistent world other than some image on a web site that represents planets that have been taken over.  Adding seven factions to the mix only ensures the fights won't be one-sided and stay on one planet (aka, map).

Still sounds like fun. I will definitely check it out, particularly if it is F2P.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Its just a cinematic trailer

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• TheutusTheutus Member UncommonPosts: 636

Originally posted by Mad+Dog

GAME PLAY FROM another Mech game. Looks pretty sick. Out the end of the year.

http://playhawkin.com/

That looks Badass.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by ste2000

Good for you that you no longer care just after watching a CGI video which tell us absolutely nothing about the game at all.

Doesn't matter Mechwarriors

You can't go wrong with giant robots blowing eachother up.

Maybe you missed something...........

www.perpetuum-online.com

Proper MMO, tick

Robots, tick

Explosions, tick
  • TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Hype train now arriving on track five"

While I love the idea of a Mechwarrior MMORPG, I'll wait and see what actual in game footage looks like and exactly how the FTP system works before I start taking this game seriously.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

It's going to be free to play according to the info in the notes section below the video.

Gee....I can't think of any basis for an online game that would appeal LESS to me.  Maybe boys really are getting their gaming hobby back eventually.  Thankfully most developers at least consider that they might have female players.  Not saying some females might not enjoy mechs, but the majority of us didn't play with Transformers when we were growing up, so....yeah.

Well anyway, have fun guys!  It looks macho.  Should be festive.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

It is not going to be a MMORPG. They are even considering a map editor for this game. I also dont read anything about PVE, so its not even a CORPG or whatever ppl call GW1.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by someforumguy

It is not going to be a MMORPG. They are even considering a map editor for this game. I also dont read anything about PVE, so its not even a CORPG or whatever ppl call GW1.

If true then its just a pointless video for a pointless game..  unless its at least as good as perpetuum then.. they'd be better off just drawing a dole cheque and playing pool in the club... image

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

Also coming for those who played BattleTech as a boardgame or enjoyed MechCommander,

http://www.mwtactics.com/

So we get double meched this year.

Also, there was mention of a Shadowrun game coming out also, it being made by the guy who are doing Jagged Edge Online, too bad i forget the name of the devs on that. 

Lolipops !

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

The only way they could screw this up is if they picked a defective game engine that lags out when 20 people get too close, or did something like promise high res graphics and then remove them.

There can't be two studios who are that incompetent.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by MMOarQQ

The only way they could screw this up is if they picked a defective game engine that lags out when 20 people get too close, or did something like promise high res graphics and then remove them.

lol

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• xenptxenpt Member Posts: 430

seem a great game i saw the gameplay on youtube videos seems pretty fun.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

I see what you did there. Maybe another way they could screw this up is if they didn't quite make it an MMO, when a lot of people expected an MMO. image

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzyASZYO9HA

I read about that...    Waiting until it's been out a while.   But the intrest is strong, I used to play these MechWarrior games in the old days...

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

It isn't CGI. That's ALL in-game resources right there. Similar to how old games used to use in-game graphics for their short cutscenes.

Couple things the developers confirmed:

-That video contains the ACTUAL in-game working cockpit. That cockpit, is WHAT you get while you're playing, and MOVES around you during combat, movement, etc.

-Everytime you turn something on/off your character will move to flip a switch to do it in your cockpit.

-That Atlas model is actual in-game assets. It's not CGI at ALL.

Enjoy :3

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

sooooo excited!

With this and Hawken on the horizon, my mech warfare future looks very promising!

Thanks for the link OP

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

I see what you did there. Maybe another way they could screw this up is if they didn't quite make it an MMO, when a lot of people expected an MMO. image

They're not making it into an MMO. It's going to be similar to "World of Tanks" even though that isn't an MMO, either. Matches formed by a "matchmaker" from a lobby based game.

No different than any console game I've seen, but more "simulator-ish" than say CoD or Gears of War?

They originally wanted to do an MMO, but their publisher said "No, we don't have the money to do something like that for such an 'Unpopular Franchise'". Seriously, that's the words they used. :(

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

how is this any differen tteh Perpetuum?

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Im excited for it but...I didnt read the rest of the posts...Did they start saying "not an mmo" yet?

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• Goatgod76Goatgod76 Member Posts: 1,214

F2p = cash shops = p2w = crap...next.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

They're not making it into an MMO. It's going to be similar to "World of Tanks" even though that isn't an MMO, either. Matches formed by a "matchmaker" from a lobby based game.

[...]

Yeah, I definitely got the idea that it's not going to be an MMO and is more of less going to be like World of Tanks (I think I said that in an earlier post), however there are people who will come to the conclusiopn that it is an MMO and will be disappointed once they try it out.

• KholeKhole Member CommonPosts: 136

[...]

Yeah, I definitely got the idea that it's not going to be an MMO and is more of less going to be like World of Tanks (I think I said that in an earlier post), however there are people who will come to the conclusiopn that it is an MMO and will be disappointed once they try it out.

Why does it have to be an mmo? Its possible to play a game thats not an mmo and like it.  Look at how many people on this forum play LoL.

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

how is this any differen tteh Perpetuum?

Well, Perpetuum is a full on MMO not unlike EvE and Mechwarrior Online is going to be a lobby based battleground not unlike World of Tanks.
    Originally posted by Khole

[...]

Why does it have to be an mmo? Its possible to play a game thats not an mmo and like it.  Look at how many people on this forum play LoL.

This is MMORPG.com and I demand the finest MMORPGs known to humanity.