Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP is broken for mages!

pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

Ok i''l just say it :PvP is broken and beyond repair!!

I am playing this game on and off since launch.Always played a mage class. I went through the time our dps was op till today where we are practise dolls.

If you could possibly pass by the enormous lag issues(here in EU) then all the pvp bugs are still lingering

1) Double tap DOES NOT ALWAYS WORK. Especially in mages. When mages get attacked sometimes they don't seathe their staff/talisma/dagger even though they can still cast an attacking spell. BUT this way they cannot do a double tap to avoid a melle attack! And here comes the fun part.

2) Melee strike range is  R I D I C U L U S L Y  long .And i do mean daggers too. Once a combo has started, no matter how far you've gone from the attacker(using double tap or anti-cc spells that give you speed and anti-snare/root/stun effects) you ALWAYS get hit to the FULL dmg as if you were standing next to the melee attacker. It's amazing how a dagger combo can hit you from 20 (in game ) metres away! Melee have become the new rangers?

3) There is still NO immunity for root and snare after purge. I have been consecutively rooted and snared while using PURGE within split seconds! Momentum stun spells have been merfed AND added casting time that have made them TOTALLY useless! Melee cc immunity lasts double time ! Why is that?

4) I do realise that our role is to hit hard with DPS from afar and when in danger run away.

Well we can't cause almost 99% of the CC that will hit us leave us standing still not being able to cast ANY aggresive spell.

On the other hand if one of our CC hit a melee class and root him, HE CAN CONTINUE USING MELEE COMBOS against any targets from 15 metres. He simply cannot move.

And for the record. Demos were OP for a while but mainly due to the bunny hopping stamina regen effect! They could bomb and run away!

Now they do nothing of the above. Demos cannot run.Stamina lasts only for 2-4 seconds. Stamina DOES not regenerate fast enough (as in melee class). DPS is nerfed  as hell. CC defence is laughable since immunity is BROKEN .And most of all  CC attack has a casting time so long that at the end most of our targets have either killed us or traveled to another map area.

No wonder the PVP server Fury is filled with hackers.

Comments

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

PvP in this game is broken, period.

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

Originally posted by pupurun

2) Melee strike range is  R I D I C U L U S L Y  long .And i do mean daggers too. Once a combo has started, no matter how far you've gone from the attacker(using double tap or anti-cc spells that give you speed and anti-snare/root/stun effects) you ALWAYS get hit to the FULL dmg as if you were standing next to the melee attacker. It's amazing how a dagger combo can hit you from 20 (in game ) metres away! Melee have become the new rangers?

I am actually quotting myself here...Is it me the only one that notices that? Really, am i going mad?

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

i'm sorry OP but you have obviously never seriously pvped in this game as a melee.

i have done both and let me tell you casters in AoC are 10 times easier to play then melee. i could seriously own on my ToS using only 1 hand, i used to laugh histerically every time i got on my casters to pvp. it was just so rediculously easier then melee.

you have no idea how frustrating combos can be, how frustrating it is to have to use stamina to run arround AND dps, you have no idea how frustrating it is to be slowed or rooted as a melee that doesn't have any ranged dps.

do yourself a big favour and try it. you'll change you mind very quickly and go back to Lolcasters immediately. yes, casters die easy but when it comes right down to it they are insanely easier to play the melee.

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

i'm sorry OP but you have obviously never seriously pvped in this game as a melee.

I have tried it.Didn't like it and NOT because of the stamina issue

i have done both and let me tell you casters in AoC are 10 times easier to play then melee. i could seriously own on my ToS using only 1 hand, i used to laugh histerically every time i got on my casters to pvp

YES.They re so much easier to play. This doesn't make them OP.

you have no idea how frustrating combos can be, how frustrating it is to have to use stamina to run arround AND dps, you have no idea how frustrating it si to be slowed or rooted as a melee that doesn't have any ranged dps.

Well answer to the topics i talked about cc and stuns and try to persuade me that mages have better cc and anti cc behaviour.

do yourself a big favour and try it. you'll change you mind very quickly and go back to Lolcasters immediately. yes casters die easy but when it comes right down to it they are insanely easier to use the melee.

Again , i'll agree with you . Mages are way easier to use .That's due to the combat design of FC. There was no absolute reason mages shouldnt have combos .Its a huge mistake by FC. Thats why they simply nerf the mages in every way possible. Making it quite unfair when you try to pvp

Of course there are ways to master a mage in pvp but it includes hiding and bombing from far. Thats one gamestyle that i dont really like. I prefer to sometimes get a bit closer in battle and that my friend is unforgivable in aoc,,,

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

have you tried the HoX?

because from what you mentioned, mainly that you like casters but enjoy getting close at times, that's exactly what a HoX does. you are one of the squishier melee but mostly use instant casts and very short combos. most of your damage is done by magic  in close quarters, but they do have some very decent long range nukes too. the best part of HoX is that they look like a melee class but have almost no combos to worry about, and most of their dps is magic.  

casters are not gonna get buffed. if they did then there would be no point to playing a melee. keep in mind that this game was called age of casters for a long time for a reason. back when you had to use 6 button combos that would reset (and go on cooldown) every time you missed one of the hits casters had it soo easy it was pathetic. casters are easy to play and therfore are easy to kill. stop complainng that melee are OP, they are not. it takes a very skilled player to use a melee well.

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

..... casters are easy to play and therfore are easy to kill. stop complainng that melee are OP, they are not. it takes a very skilled player to use a melee well.

I never complaint that melee are OP in dps. I was talking about the CC and anti-CC use. And in that section , mages suck donkey balls compared to melee.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

The combo system has sucked bawls from day one, so they increased its ranged to stop the QQ from melee, but its not anyones fault but the developers for making an impractical system in the first place.  They should just sac up ditch the whole retarded system and reblance, then I could remove six arrow keys from my binds and replace them with abilities.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

I am actually quotting myself here...Is it me the only one that notices that? Really, am i going mad?

youre just not known whit the game mechanics, its always bin the case in AOC that once a attack has started its impossible to "dodge" it .  has bin since the day the game launched.  makes me wonder how much you actual play(ed)  the game. or are just here to complain about stuff that everyone knows are "normal" whitin AOC and will never change since the game is running on its last hamsters live support.