Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Few questions, possible returning player.

RasereiRaserei webster, MAPosts: 1,011Member

1.)  How is the population? Is there a certain server with the most players?

2.) I remember quitting because I was burnt out. There was a system where you could get a few bonus attributes here and there by doing different things like quests in lower zones or killing a certain monsters 6000000 times. I felt like I had to do all of this or my character wouldnt be as strong. But it ended up being my demise. I mean, if I did all of these, how much more powerful would my character be?

3.) Did they add an instance finder queue system similar to WoW? If yes, is it good or very unreliable?

Comments

• UW1975UW1975 Kingston, ONPosts: 183Member

Originally posted by Raserei

1.)  How is the population? Is there a certain server with the most players?

2.) I remember quitting because I was burnt out. There was a system where you could get a few bonus attributes here and there by doing different things like quests in lower zones or killing a certain monsters 6000000 times. I felt like I had to do all of this or my character wouldnt be as strong. But it ended up being my demise. I mean, if I did all of these, how much more powerful would my character be?

3.) Did they add an instance finder queue system similar to WoW? If yes, is it good or very unreliable?

1) Depending on which server you play, but even Arkenstone, which has become now the recommended server, has plenty of activity. Joining a kin helps, but that is a given on every server

2) the Deeds system. Deeds can be a grind, but the better is NOT to think about them until you hit the level cap. By questing and doing group instances, you should be able to do a few of them

3)  The Instance Finder is still in its early stages (i.e. nearly worthless), should become better with the forthcoming March update

• BencikBencik RigaPosts: 2Member

1) Im from Imladris server and its plenty of people all the time, but still there is servers with very low player activitie, but turbine change the recomended server list so people are moving around and its never empty.

2)Now its LI thats makes you grind a lot, deeds are important but killing one monsters 6000000 times will not make your character stronger now its all depends on your raids/runs with others, thats were you will spend most of time

3)Agree with others that instance finder is still like beta version and nobody use it still, but you have to start with something so there is hope it will become better and march update should do that.

Hope helped a little bit and one last advise im playing regulary game, but do only when i have feeling i want it, and by this im, always happy to enter game, if you choose hardcore grinding even best game in world one day will become boring and you will burn out.

Take care

Bencik

• NetspookNetspook OsloPosts: 1,503Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Bencik

1) Im from Imladris server and its plenty of people all the time, but still there is servers with very low player activitie, but turbine change the recomended server list so people are moving around and its never empty.

2)Now its LI thats makes you grind a lot, deeds are important but killing one monsters 6000000 times will not make your character stronger now its all depends on your raids/runs with others, thats were you will spend most of time

3)Agree with others that instance finder is still like beta version and nobody use it still, but you have to start with something so there is hope it will become better and march update should do that.

Hope helped a little bit and one last advise im playing regulary game, but do only when i have feeling i want it, and by this im, always happy to enter game, if you choose hardcore grinding even best game in world one day will become boring and you will burn out.

Take care

Bencik

Fairytales...

1. Imladris (yes, I've been playing there too) has middle/low population. Not sure how it's compared to other servers, since I haven't played on others. "Plenty of people all the time" - well, most times I enter Bree, I see 4-5 people in the crafting house, and a few ones around town. More than a dozen people around town is extemely rare. Imo, that's not plently, that's a barren wasteland. At higher areas (I'm currently in Moria), you barely see others at all. A few days ago, I played for 6-7 hours, never leaving Moria - didn't see a single soul during that session.

By watching chat, it may sometimes seem like there's a lot of ppl around on this server. But that's because a few ppl just loves "entertaining" with everlasting monologues. You'll quickly start to recognize names.

The economy on Imladris is horrible, and that alone is reason enough for new players to avoid it. Wanna buy lowest lvl crafting mats? Forget it, you won't be able to afford it. And if you play the free version without increasing the limit, you'll discover that a stack of mats often costs more than your max money limit....

2. Deeds doesn't make you stronger? That's a lie, nothing less. Quite a lot of stats is still gathered from Deeds, but there's an option to unlock them via the item mall. That could become VERY expansive, though.. And btw, the LI (Legendary Items) grind is a major reason why people left this game ad mass. You have to grind/quest a LOT to level them, just to discover it was wasted later, when you're replacing your LIs.

If you're going to play, then I recommend going gold (subscribe). Else you have to pay for a lot of quest packs, since just about everything above lvl 20 is locked (all pre-expansions areas and quests are open for subs, expansions must be bought regardless of sub or free play, if you want access). It *is* possible to earn the required TP to pay for the packs and expansions, but that WILL require an insane Deed grind on multiple characters, and I really don't recommend that...

Personally I've had it with this game. My sub expires tomorrow, I believe, and I'm not renewing it. Great game at lower levels, after lv 50 (when you get LIs), the fun is replaced with frustrations.

• NavyJackalNavyJackal Halifax, NSPosts: 82Member

Is there a North American specific server?  Any North American servers that are RP friendly?  How much is the cost for a subscription?

• UW1975UW1975 Kingston, ONPosts: 183Member

Many servers are NA, Landroval being the unofficial RP server.

However, I will advise you to come to Arkenstone, as it is now the recommended server so you will find plenty of peeps around.

Sub is 15$ per month, or 10$ per month if you pay for 3 months. It is worthwhile, especially level 25/30 onwards, unless you are prepared to grind your way in there.

• MeridionMeridion HeidelbergPosts: 1,490Member

The most important thing and really the only question you should ask is:

Is there a team still working and developing this game (as is e.g. not the case for say, Vanguard) and are there people in all level ranges to play with and have fun?

- The answer is yes.

Everything else is secondary, at best, unless you're one of those guys that breaks a sweat over a 10 bucks per month payment.

M