Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And with this I no longer care about TOR, GW2, TERA or AA

Comments

• Superduper69Superduper69 Member Posts: 363

Good for you that you no longer care just after watching a CGI video which tell us absolutely nothing about the game at all.

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Yeaaaaaa man! MechWarrior, you m ade my day dude. Thats something super super awesome. Legend is back in new format. O sweet holly spirit , demons or whats ever :) :) :)

• Meerkat93Meerkat93 Member Posts: 61

Originally posted by Superduper69

Good for you that you no longer care just after watching a CGI video which tell us absolutely nothing about the game at all.

Doesn't matter Mechwarriors

You can't go wrong with giant robots blowing eachother up.

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by Meerkat93

point.

7 factions dude!  Whuuuhaaa

• HawksterHawkster Member UncommonPosts: 57

Looks cool.....but, so did SWOTR in the cinematics.  Remains to be seen what it will be like.

That being said....

OH HELL YEAH!!!!!     :)

Originally posted by headphones

point.

fo sho. 

One of my favorite gaming memories is sitting in my basement with my dad at 10PM and pwning with with Novacat that had nothing but flares on it causing him to over heat.

TIS WAS A SLOW DEATH.

point.

fo sho. 

One of my favorite gaming memories is sitting in my basement with my dad at 10PM and pwning with with Novacat that had nothing but flares on it causing him to over heat.

TIS WAS A SLOW DEATH.

Yea dude, that was a time. Every mission was something special. It was magic

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzyASZYO9HA

fail

Originally posted by palulalula

point.

fo sho. 

TIS WAS A SLOW DEATH.

Yea dude, that was a time. Every mission was something special. It was magic

Even if they just copy number four the game will be awesome.

Found the Q&A.

Q. Will MechWarrior® Online™ be PC exclusive?

A. At this time we have no plans to take MechWarrior® Online™ to any other platforms.

Q. What game engine is being used to develop the next MechWarrior® game?

A. We are proud to announce that CryENGINE®3 powers MechWarrior® Online™.

Q. Will MechWarrior® Online™ be DirectX 11 compatible?

A. The engine and our implementation will support DirectX 9, 10 and 11.

Q. Any insight as to PC system requirements yet for MechWarrior® Online™?

A. We currently do not have final PC system specifications.

Q. When will we get more info on MechWarrior® Online™'s gameplay and release date?

A. We will release information when it becomes available. We are going to be working closely with everyone in the community as well so information will be steady as we go through development. The exact release date is still to be determined but it will be in 2012!

Q. What year is MechWarrior® Online™ taking place?

A. MechWarrior® Online™ is running an offset timeline of the BattleTech® Universe. As of this writing it is 2011 and the year is 3048 within the game. In 2012, when the game is launched, it will be 3049.

Q. Will MechWarrior® Online™ have Mech melee combat?

A. At this point in time we are not looking at melee combat. We may revisit melee combat if we can design something that is fun and does not compromise the overall gameplay experience.

Q. Will LRMs in MechWarrior® Online™ be guided or unguided?

A. LRMs will be semi-guided. What the heck does that mean? You will be able to lock on to your target but it doesn't mean the actual missiles will home directly to the target. The chance of missing will still be part of LRM gameplay. Use of the Artemis IV system and subsequent munitions, will narrow the area of damage by focusing the flight paths of the missiles. We're finding that this is a good balance between gameplay and staying true to the BattleTech canon.

Q. Will there be vehicular combat alongside Mechs for the players this time?

A. At the moment we are not following up with combined arms (tanks, hovercraft, jets etc.)

Q. Will I be able to fully customize my Mechs' load out, decals, paint job, and equipment?

A. You will be able to customize your load out, decals, paint job and equipment. But when it comes to armor, weapons and accessories please refer to the previous question and answer.

Q. Can I get out of the Mech?

A. Will you be able to get out of the Mech? No. One of our gameplay design pillars is that we are putting you in the role of the pilot (MechWarrior®) in a first person perspective.

Q. Will the Clans make an appearance or cameo?

A. ;)

Q. Can you list the Mech designs that will be included in the release?

A. At this time we can confirm the Atlas, Hunchback, Dragon and Jenner. Other BattleMechs® will be revealed over the coming months.

Q. Will the unseen Mechs make it into the game after all?

A. Look forward to a future announcement.

Q. Will MechWarrior have support for custom mapping joysticks/other input devices? (multiple device support?)

A. We have partnered with some of the industry’s biggest hardware manufacturers and will be doing our best to support all types of joysticks and flight systems.

Q. Will you offer a gradient of control schemes say from casual to simulation that alter play from FPS to robot?

A. Yes we will. It is important to us that new players experience the fun of MechWarrior® Online™ right beside the seasoned veteran who need to control every aspect of the game.

Q. Who will be the publisher of the new MechWarrior® Online™?

A. We are proud to announce that MechWarrior® Online™ is being published by Infinite Game Publishing.

Q. Will MechWarrior® Online™ have co-operative gameplay?

A. This is something we wanted to implement, but right now we are going to focus on multiplayer only.

Q. Will team play be a major part of MechWarrior® Online™, as described in the 2009 interview?

A. Yes. A big yes in fact. Team play will be critical in combat as player roles and BattleMech builds will vary from player to player. Whether you play as a scout or as an assault type, it's completely up to you and each of the roles is very important to fill on the battlefield.

Q. What are your plans for MechWarrior® Online™ multiplayer? Is it going to feel similar to other MechWarrior® games or new?

A. MechWarrior® Online™ is going to be a hybrid of new and old gameplay. Some controls and features will be familiar to seasoned players while some gameplay features and mechanics will be completely new. We really want to design the game so that it feels like you're piloting a HUGE BattleMech® in an epic combat scenario.

Q. Will you be able to switch from first-person to third-person views?

A. The game is played from the first person. We’re exploring ways to have a third person camera that make sense from a gameplay point of view.

Q. How loyal will MechWarrior® Online™ be to the tabletop rules (heat management, melee, armor penetration, etc.)?

A. We are adhering very closely to the BattleTech® tabletop rules. Some mechanics in the tabletop version of the game do not translate well into a videogame and we are coming up with our own rule sets that mitigate these differences in an intuitive and fun manner.

Q. Will you be able to pick what faction you play in MechWarrior® Online™?

A. When you first create your pilot, you are going to have to align yourself with one of the reat Houses in the BattleTech® Universe. Each house will have its benefits and drawbacks and it will be up to you to read up on the house selection menu on which house you will pledge your allegiance.

Q. Will players have the ability to form their own custom clans in MechWarrior® Online™?

A. We're trying to be careful with the naming of some features in MechWarrior® Online™ and "clans" is one of them. Players will be able to form their own customized Mercenary Corporations (Merc Corps for short). These operate in the same way that the term clan refers to in other first person shooters. A better way of thinking about Merc Corps is as a "guild". Within the guild you can create Lances("parties") and join matches in that manner.

Q. Will MechWarrior® Online™ have persistent character content such as leveling or upgrades?

A. Yes. One of the customizations in MechWarrior® Onine™ is to train your pilot to suit your play style. Pilots will bring their efficiencies to whatever BattleMech® they get in.

Q. Will MechWarrior® Online™ ship with a map editor or any other kind of Mod Support?

A. At the moment we are not planning on shipping a map editor for the mod community. While this may seem unfortunate, the beauty of how our content delivery system works in a Free-To-Play environment is that we will be constantly pushing new content downstream to the player. This prevents the game from stagnating like a standalone product and also allows us to keep on top of quality control so you as a player get the best experience possible.

Q. Will DLC be offered in the new MechWarrior® Online™ game?

A. Not in the way that you imagine it. Content will be pushed to you via the game patcher. Once a patch has been applied, new game content is immediately available to you. Larger patches could be considered expansion packs but again, it's pushed to you the player at no cost.

Q. Will MechWarrior® Online™ have any online persistency?

A. Yes, this is where our plan for the Inner Sphere comes into play. All players in Merc Corps will be fighting for control over various border planets. The state of these planets is persistent.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

You are gonna leave TOR for a CGI trailer?  Where's the loyalty?!

Originally posted by Xthos

You are gonna leave TOR for a CGI trailer?  Where's the loyalty?!

I would never leave a game for a CGI trailer unless that CGI trailer was MOTHER FUCKING MECHWARRIORS!

Pirana Games Here is a list,  do the following at you will be insanly popular.

Step 1: Copy MW4s combat

Step 2: Copy EvEs Crafting and persistant world

Step 3:????

Step 4: Profit

Originally posted by Unreal024

I really, really, really want this game to be great, and I'm very much looking forward to it. But, don't let yourself get too hyped up about it yet, wait and see what the feedback comming from Beta sounds like. Just push it to the back of your mind until then.

Can't help it. 

Its so easy to make this an amazing game, they are using the Cryengine or what ever you call it so its going to look good. 

As I said before copy MW4 combat and add in EvE. Even if you drop the EvE part fighting for control of planets seems interesting. My only worry is what being F2P is going to do.

But then again look at what EvE has done in terms of lack of money.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

The only concern I have is the F2P part. The chance of selling "special" ammo, targeting upgrades and hardpoint layouts in the cash shop is fairly strong in a heavily PVP-oriented game. World of Tanks springs to mind...

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

The game is F2P......I don't care at this point.

F2P just plain sucks. Ass*oles everywhere.....

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Maybe you missed something...........

www.perpetuum-online.com

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Bad quality btw this CGI and uninspiring also not realy a video i would be excited about at all.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

This is a clear definition of marketing hype. A CGI trailer and some of the dev's goals with the game. Nothing of substance to go on. People say that Guild Wars 2 is nothing but hype, but at least there's enough gameplay to back it up.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Except it's not really a MMO.

It's like GW1.

MMO lobbies with everything instanced 16 player matches or some such.

It's all on their website...

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by BadSpock

Except it's not really a MMO.

It's like GW1.

MMO lobbies with everything instanced 16 player matches or some such.

It's all on their website...

Yeah, I also heard about that as well. Does that mean it's pretty much like World of Tanks or something?

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

Originally posted by forest-nl

Bad quality btw this CGI and uninspiring also not realy a video i would be excited about at all.

That's probably because it's not a CGI, it's the ingame graphics engine at work.

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

GAME PLAY FROM another Mech game. Looks pretty sick. Out the end of the year.

/http://playhawken.com/

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

MechWarrior Online looks like it won't be a true MMO, unfortunately.  From reading their FAQ, I can figure out how the game is going to be deployed.  It will basically be like most FPS games, where you use a server browser to get into matches.  There will be no persistent world other than some image on a web site that represents planets that have been taken over.  Adding seven factions to the mix only ensures the fights won't be one-sided and stay on one planet (aka, map).

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Here's hoping it's everything you hope it will be.