Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Impressive Video ....Questions about Game World

spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

I did watch some videos about TERA and was impressed by this video here, it looks really nice but since graphics is not all in an mmorpg I have some questions about the Game World.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiSP7mb8DGM&feature=related

How interactive is the world in TERA  ?

* can you dive/going under water 

* can you sit on chairs 

* can you enter a lot of buildings, I have not seen videos about it so far  

* are npc´s dead or do they react if you click on them

* is the world lifeless or offers the world immersion ( how ? )

* an open world exists, are there invisible walls i.e. cant jump from bridges 

* mounts ?

* player housing 

What does the game offers for explorer ? 

* can you find hidden treasures/quests or something

Is the game linear ?

* do you need to follow a certain path to level up your character or can you can choose between different areas to advance 

Is the game instanced or has it phasing ?

* i.e. is the playerbase devided into maincity1;maincity2 and so on ..(phasing)

What about crafting ?

* does  the game offers interesting crafting and ressource system 

What pvp content does this game offers ?

* RvR/Faction vs Faction

* castle siege 

* whats the max numbers of players get confronted in battlegrounds

* how active is world pvp and maybe with some goals 

Comments

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

TERA is a themepark not a sandbox, so any of those sandbox elements you listed are not in the game.

As for invisble walls, I only stumbled across them on the island of dawn(seperate from the rest of the gameworld) which you are on from level 1-11. Once on the main continent I was able to get to unfinished zones and even jump off the map.

As for bridges, yes I came across bridges and I remember jumping off one to get away from a ganker, however you can not dive underwater.

The game has guild housing, but no player housing, although it has been talked about.

The world is seamless, no loading screens and there is phasing, but full chat between each "channel" and you can still see group members on the map if they are in a different channel.

The world is pretty huge and is seamless, no loading screens except when teleporting.

PvP is limited to Open world pvp, two battlegrounds, guild vs guild(no rewards yet but score is kept) and up to 10v10 deathmatches where you can bet money.

As for gathering and professions, every character can have every profession and gather anything, gathering also gives you buffs.

Example of deathmatch system - image

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by spizz

I did watch some videos about TERA and was impressed by this video here, it looks really nice but since graphics is not all in an mmorpg I have some questions about the Game World.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiSP7mb8DGM&feature=related

How interactive is the world in TERA  ?

* can you dive/going under water no, hope they fix that i mean i want to swim lol

* can you sit on chairs i haven't seen any

* can you enter a lot of buildings, I have not seen videos about it so far  Yes there are some in the city

* are npc´s dead or do they react if you click on them yes, there movment with npc

* is the world lifeless or offers the world immersion ( how ? ) idk coz i never pay attention to that

* an open world exists, are there invisible walls i.e. cant jump from bridges there are some limits, like you can't go off places where you can't back up.

* mounts ? what game doesn't =P lots of mounts also no cast time to get on yaya

* player housing none so far but i do hope they add that along with poker tables

What does the game offers for explorer ? 

* can you find hidden treasures/quests or something no, i think i don't explore but pretty sure as of now no but i can see it easly put in because there lot of open space XD

Is the game linear ?

* do you need to follow a certain path to level up your character or can you can choose between different areas to advance its linear till like 20-30 after that there lot more lvling area that opens up

Is the game instanced or has it phasing ?there is baiscally no loading screen period unless you go in a instance dungeon or use warp skill or scroll or die.

* i.e. is the playerbase devided into maincity1;maincity2 and so on ..(phasing)its beta so no idea who staying and who isn't

What about crafting ?

* does  the game offers interesting crafting and ressource system its a money sink, 1 character can do all craft. I haven't really touched it much to give anything else. Up side is farming resource do give you buff, so i farm a lot during questing coz it does help.

What pvp content does this game offers ?

* RvR/Faction vs Faction no faction PvP, in pvp sever its FFA. You get a skill that flag yourself for 60s and stay on as long as your in combat. It allow you to attack anyone outside town,city, and some safe npc camps. Guild wars are 24hrs long, you can war up to 3 guild at once. Also server vs server is coming soon.

* castle siege as of now none.

* whats the max numbers of players get confronted in battlegrounds battleground or arena is 5v5 or 10v10

* how active is world pvp and maybe with some goals world pvp pretty much for fun

Be happy to answer any more question.

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Don't know much about the game but according to the person who uploaded the video you apparently can't dive under water.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Thx a lot for the quick and detailed responses....one thing bothers me:  No Faction PvP ...well thats what I expect from an mmorpg. FFA is not really what I like and reminds actually on some Asian Grinders like Lineage 2.

Damn did look nice at the first look...but seems like it is more pve oriented. Wonder why they didnt implement that.

Thx a lot for the quick and detailed responses....one thing bothers me:  No Faction PvP ...well thats what I expect from an mmorpg. FFA is not really what I like and reminds actually on some Asian Grinders like Lineage 2.

Damn did look nice at the first look...

To each their own, factions is something a lot of people don't like and something I guess some people do like.

As for grindy, it's nothing like L2 lol, I could max level in 2 weeks on TERA if I wanted.

Yeah I did read it is quest based and not a grinder, thats positive. But I was hoping to find more pvp elements and for me faction based pvp is a must. Neverless the game looks really interesting.

Yeah I did read it is quest based and not a grinder, thats positive. But I was hoping to find more pvp elements and for me faction based pvp is a must. Neverless the game looks really interesting.

Well apparently in the second half of the queen of argon patch they plan to implement Server vs Server PvP in an area called Agaia which would replace factions and you'd represent your server as a whole. 

But we will have to wait and see for that update to come out to know for sure how it will be.

Originally posted by Pivotelite

Well apparently in the second half of the queen of argon patch they plan to implement Server vs Server PvP in an area called Agaia which would replace factions and you'd represent your server as a whole. 

But we will have to wait and see for that update to come out to know for sure how it will be.

Personally I dont like FFA /PK and there was only one mmo I did like so far without factions which was Shadowbane. But the game did offer deep guild pvp where you could build your own castle/village with houses, vendors, city wall and so on. This was great. Agaia sounds interesting will keep an eye on it but I guess this will take longer until it is implemented. Seems like this is just not the game for me at the moment but Iam sure a lot will have fun with it.

Thx a lot for the info

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

These are my impressions from half the game, they can obviously be wrong.

Interactive bit:

• You can swim but can't dive. There doesn't seem to be any underwater content for now.

• Haven't noticed any chairs tbh.

• You can enter buildings in the capital. Houses etc in the countryside were not open to visit.

• NPC, some react, some don't

• Regarding world immersion, I'd say it's half way there. You get your random fauna and things are really detailed all around to give you an impression. On the other hand there isn't a day/night circle or seasons.

• World is seamless, not open. You will encounter invisible walls in the starter island (it seems they made it really sure you can't die there in EU/US version), but I haven't seen any after that.

• There is a variety of mounts (at least three that I've seen). Beyond that I don't know

• Player housing, no idea.

Explorer:

• No idea, too early

Linear:

• If you follow the main quest, it branches in two directions at around level 18, so it leads you to two different areas. Of course, you can just skip questing and do your thing.

• Game has no phasing (as in WOW's phasing). The game does create extra channels of the region you are in if it becomes too conjested, with the exception of the capital city.

Crafting:

• You can gather everything and craft everything in theory. As for usefullness, didn't bother with crafting in beta weekends.

PvP:

• Factionless PvP (good riddance of the factions already!)

• No idea about castle sieges. You do have guild wars though and can fight multiple guilds at a time.

• Battlegrounds are not activated in beta.

• PvP is very active atm, but it's beta so hard to draw conclusions. Goal ... well, I suppose same goals as EVE, control territory, grief your enemies, epeen.
  • El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

it's one faction cause the pve storyline is supposed to be everyone trying to ward off the bad guys.  but with the guild v guild mechanic they use it makes it feel like each guild is it's own faction.  ive seen a lot of people say that they feel it's a pve based game.  but imo the pve is kind of lame. if i decide to buy it, it will be because the pvp is really fun.

I've got the straight edge.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

Is the legal case still going on with NC in the west?

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by JudgeUK

Is the legal case still going on with NC in the west?

It probably still is but its not going anyways. They already suited a year ago and that didn't go anywhere, doubt it will go anywhere here. Its more just NCSoft trying to make people not buy Tera kinda thing, same reason why they trying to rush GW2 out the door.