Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After 7 yrs, I'm checkin out RS

ThanatosXRThanatosXR Member Posts: 2

Loved it in 2001-03, so I've gotten to combat lvl 20 but for some reasong enemies my lvl take alota damage outta me, more then most mmo's normally do.....

Did they change the combat? If so what is the new trick? All my armor is up to date for my lvl.

Comments

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

IMO, try f2p for now & look how it is.
    I regret to pay for it, but it sure only my case....

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• b2i12b2i12 Member Posts: 75

well, idk if your talking about pvp or fighting against monsters.  If your talking pvp most likely there pures.  Which is where they focus on only strength or only attk ect.. If your talking about monsters you might be wearing the wrong armour depending on their attack type.  Also the changed the splash (number that appears when hit) and hitpoint system.  Its just multiplied by ten.  So yeah hes hitting a 220 against you, but in comparison to 2001-2003 he is hitting a 22.  Its not that hes insanely stronger or anything.

• Ninjasam17Ninjasam17 Member Posts: 3

The update for the hitsplat is pointless. They shouldn've done that because it is making runescape more confusing.

• meilirsmeilirs Member UncommonPosts: 33

Yeah, I was confused at first but actually when the monsters hit 28 today, that is only the equivalent of a 2 or 3 hitpoint damage in the old RS. I mean, back in the old RS 28 would have been a huge hit but nowadays it is nothing.

• Fo7GamingFo7Gaming Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Ninjasam17

The update for the hitsplat is pointless. They shouldn've done that because it is making runescape more confusing.

More confusing? Ehh...

No, it doesn't make it confusing and the game has never been confusing or hard to understand, it's just clicking the screen and watching what happens there isn't a single thing in Runescape that makes it confusing, most of the things just makes it annoying.

I've played for a good while now and personally I liked the update, now you can be very accurate with calculating how much damage you deal or how much damage you take in, theres more possibilities to stay alive and likewise hit harder.