Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really impressed with this game

Comments

• N1njaPwnStarN1njaPwnStar Member Posts: 83

Alot of ppl are just looking for a home and most games are failing hard... Rift is complete trash..SWTOR is boring as all hell and lacks open world.. Tera looks alright.. i havnt played it yet though people have been saying that its not really open world either u run into invis walls/cant fall off ledges..blah blah honestly i think alot of ppl are just gunna wait to see what GW2 has to bring to the table.. till then its gunna be a boring ride.. atleast it has been for me guess i could redownloaded AoC and see the changes..

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

Originally posted by AxesSWTOR

Alot of ppl are just looking for a home and most games are failing hard... Rift is complete trash..SWTOR is boring as all hell and lacks open world.. Tera looks alright.. i havnt played it yet though people have been saying that its not really open world either u run into invis walls/cant fall off ledges..blah blah honestly i think alot of ppl are just gunna wait to see what GW2 has to bring to the table.. till then its gunna be a boring ride.. atleast is has been for me guess i could redownloaded AoC and see the changes..

Rift isnt complete trash...

it maybe a clone but its stable as hell, with awsome graphics and gameplay, awsome customer support.

It just not have anything new to add to the MMO genre and it get boring after few months.

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

Originally posted by Lobotomist

This game has potential to be huge hit.

• It turns boring MMO combat upside down.

• It has actual seamless huge open world.

• It has probably best graphic in MMOs to date - in some areas even better than GW2.

• It follows traditional MMO quest system reminiscent of EQ1

• It has ruthless PVP with political system

But ... I have feeling its going to be simply slashed by GW2

I for example really love it. But I am not even considering buyin it.

I mean why to buy the game and pay sub. If GW2 is offering pretty much the same for price of the box.

Real wrong timing for this game....

What do you think ?

I just cannot get over the monster anime art style weapons. I know its a minor hangup, but they really ruin the whole thing for me.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Originally posted by BizkitNL

That's the first time the quest system was ever used as a pro, rather than a con.

But oh well, this game is for Anime lovers. Nothing more. Once you get passed the "new" combat, you'll quickly see it's like any other game out there at the moment. Which is fine, I guess. I'm personally tired of it, though.

Quest system works when gameplay is GOOD.

This is the number one thing Bioware failed to understand.

Now some people - not me. Actually enjoy traditional quest system.  And its maybe a good thing for them.

In any way. If you would have feature that is +1 and other that is -1 : than quest system in TERA is 0

• N1njaPwnStarN1njaPwnStar Member Posts: 83

Ur right rift isnt complete trash.. like you said its just nothing new.. also the chars look stupid the game gets real boring real quick...now i only played a warrior and a mage but both classes just felt like garbage..i also played when everything was getting the NERF stick of doom so maybe its changed since then but i doubt it.. honeslty warhammer was more fun to play lol.. anyway!! im signed up for Tera beta hopefully i get to try it out and see some of the pvp..

Old School UO.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

That's the first time the quest system was ever used as a pro, rather than a con.

But oh well, this game is for Anime lovers. Nothing more. Once you get passed the "new" combat, you'll quickly see it's like any other game out there at the moment. Which is fine, I guess. I'm personally tired of it, though.

Now some people - not me. Actually enjoy traditional quest system.  And its maybe a good thing for them.

In any way. If you would have feature that is +1 and other that is -1 : than quest system in TERA is 0

does gameplay get that much better post 20? for me upto 18 i was getting pretty bored killing the same 10 mobs to complete my quest over and over. While non-tab target is fine i feel its only a step up if the actual abilities are fun and interact well with the enemies. Watch some videos of blade & souls combat to get a idea of what I'm talking about. So far I have tried every class at least through the starter island and can't see why people are getting to jazzed up about the combat in this game. Yes you can dodge but the attacks follow static set paths you don't really have much control after hitting an ability. It's not like any true action game i have played like devil may cry or even Vindictus combat for that matter. To me the lack of grapples, air combos, ect really takes you out of the feeling this is a real action game. To me it just feels like a dumbed down monster hunter combat in a very beautiful setting.  Maybe it gets a ton better past 20 i dunno but those were my experiences upto 18.

On a side note the graphics are great no complaints there. But I can see it turning a lot of people off since many here in the USA/EU don't care for the anime style which I love.

As for the quests themselves it pretty much the exact same as Aion just a bunch of random crap no one cares about with a couple interesting ones thrown in.

One thing from my experience so far I was letdown about is one of the main things I was let down in SWTOR lack of the dynamic world settings. It's basically the same with set mobs placed all around. Although at least in this game they wonder around unlike swtor. But at least Rift started this a little with invasions and making the zones feel more alive. Looks like GW2 is stepping this up again and to me a true dynamic world with things going on all over with or without you is really the next step up for MMO's

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Superduper69Superduper69 Member Posts: 363

Clever, so uptill now questing system sucked for you because it was generic WOW clone feature and now suddenly quest system works if gameplay is good. Nicely played. Bravo.

• hotixhotix Member UncommonPosts: 130

I've read a couple of psymike3d posts and all I can say is please learn when to use the word are. Is and are, are seperate words for a reason. Your agruements fall short when you talk like a child. At first I thought it might be a language barrier, but like any 14 year old you showed me your mastery of poor english grammar, that is only synonomous with our shithole of a country. My friends girlfriend talks like you, but she has fake tit's so she's supposed to be a moron. Before you go hating on a game you have not played and claiming GW2 is the greatest thing ever don't you think you should try the game you're bashing? And because you have not played GW2 how do you know it will be so amazing? Tons of mmo's to date have claimed one thing and delivered a complete opposite. If you're such the gaming matriarch that you claim to be shouldn't you know this fact?

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

i definitely understand a lot of what is being said here. I won't deny that I am very much looking forward to play GW2 and have have it be my main MMORPG. However TERA has been a game that has been on my radar for some time now and I was looking forward to getting it, however with the recent ramping up of GW2 marketing (press beta & public beta), I just can't see myself getting TERA any time soon, as GW2 may in fact release not so far from TERA.

It really is a case of poor timing, as promising games like TERA and TSW will have to find some way to justify their sub-fees, against GW2. For people like me, who are looking for, value for money.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

You know, all this talk about GW2 in non GW2 section of the forums is starting to become a huge turn off. Makes you wonder if GW2 is set to be the next WoW, in terms of mainstream, and thus of the attitude that we've seen over the years all too often.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Originally posted by Xasapis

You know, all this talk about GW2 in non GW2 section of the forums is starting to become a huge turn off. Makes you wonder if GW2 is set to be the next WoW, in terms of mainstream, and thus of the attitude that we've seen over the years all too often.

I'm sick of it too and it's made me less enthusiastic about the game. I've been avoiding certain websites just because of it. It'll come when it'll come and I'll give it a try when it's available (beta or launch) but before that I'm not going to praise something without personally having had hands-on time with it.

• Superduper69Superduper69 Member Posts: 363

One of the biggest reason for this is that GW2 doesn't have official forums. So it is hard to contain these people. It is not just mmorpg.com but they are everywhere..youtube, facebook, any other gaming site you go..GW2 fans are just pissing on every other MMO. The backlash is going to be huge when game releases. You reap what you sow.

Originally posted by Superduper69

One of the biggest reason for this is that GW2 doesn't have official forums. So it is hard to contain these people. It is not just mmorpg.com but they are everywhere..youtube, facebook, any other gaming site you go..GW2 fans are just pissing on every other MMO. The backlash is going to be huge when game releases. You reap what you sow.

as long as it's not as big of dissapointment as TOR ill be happy.. from the press videos it looks like what I was hoping for so well see...

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Originally posted by Master10K

i definitely understand a lot of what is being said here. I won't deny that I am very much looking forward to play GW2 and have have it be my main MMORPG. However TERA has been a game that has been on my radar for some time now and I was looking forward to getting it, however with the recent ramping up of GW2 marketing (press beta & public beta), I just can't see myself getting TERA any time soon, as GW2 may in fact release not so far from TERA.

It really is a case of poor timing, as promising games like TERA and TSW will have to find some way to justify their sub-fees, against GW2. For people like me, who are looking for, value for money.

X-actly

I dont know. There is problem with launching games F2P. And if its not built ground up for B2P its also problem.

But maybe reduced sub price would do the trick? I dont know...

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by Aerowyn

as long as it's not as big of dissapointment as TOR ill be happy.. from the press videos it looks like what I was hoping for so well see...

I won't hold my breath.

Also combat wise unless you fight a BAM or done at least the first dungeon don't even comment on this. Yes it sucks that it doesn't get good until 20 and i'll admit to that. (i think adding at lvl 15 BAM be helpful) But unless you fought a BAM and did at least the first dungeon you won't see the combat shiny. Also pvp too.

Originally posted by Snoepie

Originally posted by Lobotomis

agree on one point.. and that's the combat system..

All other points are just wrong..

for expl.. if your are pvp freak.. tera ain't the game for you.

tera will get boring very fast.. when you reached capped level.

What... Did you even bother to do any research on Tera? The PvE part is the more boring part compare to PvP. This game end game is pretty PvP focused and the PvP is lot more challenging than any other mmorpg out there.

And to all the GW2 people, make your own forum not that hard to go make a forum, i'm sure there billion of fansite too you can post on -.- Also i'm not seening this revolution GW2 is said to bring, it feel hella like GW1 which i played but that wasn't a revolution or anything.

And its not bad timing. NCSof is pushing GW2 on purpose to collide with Tera, simple as that.

Originally posted by rexzshadow

I won't hold my breath.

Also combat wise unless you fight a BAM or done at least the first dungeon don't even comment on this. Yes it sucks that it doesn't get good until 20 and i'll admit to that. (i think adding at lvl 15 BAM be helpful) But unless you fought a BAM and did at least the first dungeon you won't see the combat shiny. Also pvp too.

I have about 30 hours or so gametime played now from the beta weekends. I find it very hard to believe I'm going to hit level 20 and all of a sudden the game will be amazing.  The issue with combat is the mechanics of it and how you interact with the game world.. i'd go over it again but you can see my explanation in my post above.

I won't hold my breath.

I have about 30 hours or so gametime played now from the beta weekends. I find it very hard to believe I'm going to hit level 20 and all of a sudden the game will be amazing.  The issue with combat is the mechanics of it and how you interact with the game world.. i'd go over it again but you can see my explanation in my post above.

Reading your ealier post i feel like you think of action combat as epic combos, yet you bring up monster hunter which has no combos o.o. Ofc when you fight normal mobs its going to feel like your killing rabbits in monster hunter. The BAM and dungeon bosses are the monster you fight in monster hunter. Can't have all your fights takes 10mins per kill. And ya BAM and dungeon really does make a huge difference in this game. Which is why they shoudl have put in one for lvl 15.

I won't hold my breath.

Reading your ealier post i feel like you think of action combat as epic combos, yet you bring up monster hunter which has no combos o.o. Ofc when you fight normal mobs its going to feel like your killing rabbits in monster hunter. The BAM and dungeon bosses are the monster you fight in monster hunter. Can't have all your fights takes 10mins per kill. And ya BAM and dungeon really does make a huge difference in this game. Which is why they shoudl have put in one for lvl 15.

i brought up monster hunter because TERA combat plays very similar for some of the melee classes. To me true action is more of the blade & soul sytle like a had shown above. Being able to actually interact with npcs with combos, grapples, throws, air launches, ect instead it's your basic activate ability that goes in a linear path, dodge, repeat. Not to mention  the in-ability to do stuff like cast on the run makes the combat to me not flow as well. Obviosuly with more abilities it adds more flair and options but the overall functions are the same. Active blocking and dodging is nice of course but in a MMO setting where AI is almost non existent outside dungeon bosses and in TERA's case BAMs as well it doesn't really add that much to the game overall. Also just having some BAMs sprinkled around and a couple dungeons I don't see how this in anyway sets this game apart. All that's left I can see is the political system that I haven't really seen much information about at all for the US release.

i brought up monster hunter because TERA combat plays very similar for some of the melee classes. To me true action is more of the blade & soul sytle like a had shown above. Being able to actually interact with npcs with combos, grapples, throws, air launches, ect instead it's your basic activate ability that goes in a linear path, dodge, repeat. Not to mention  the in-ability to do stuff like cast on the run makes the combat to me not flow as well. Obviosuly with more abilities it adds more flair and options but the overall functions are the same. Active blocking and dodging is nice of course but in a MMO setting where AI is almost non existent outside dungeon bosses and in TERA's case BAMs as well it doesn't really add that much to the game overall. Also just having some BAMs sprinkled around and a couple dungeons I don't see how this in anyway sets this game apart. All that's left I can see is the political system that I haven't really seen much information about at all for the US release.

Trust me i play BnS and its anything but action combat. You can't attack or use skill unless enemy is with in range, its lock on based, moving out of the way is pointless because if your in attacking range they will hit you. Its like WoW locked in to 3rd person shooter mode with amazing graphics, and a combo system.

The part in red is not going ot happen for a very long time, first been the amount of animation going out in a open world mmorpg is insane programing to say the least. not to metion the fact those only works well if you have epic connection and as of now not everyone has top internet. Lag created by this would make the game unplayable by lot of people. It works in vindictus and dragon nest because they are instance base, rendering 5-20 is ok but when you try to do that with few hundred people you got problems.

Ok cast while running, unless you mean charge skill (which you can charge while moving as you lvl up) the root in movement is exactly the same as monster hunter. At least Tera has BAM and dungeon boss with nice Ai. I'm sorry do every single little monster in games you play have amazing AI? Thats just not time or financially reasonable.

• Requiem6Requiem6 Member Posts: 237

I think GW2 and Tera doesn't appeal the same people.

And if you found yourself enjoying Tera, I'm glad you find a game you actually enjoy.

I just don't see the point of comparing it to another one.

Just play what you enjoy.

Trust me i play BnS and its anything but action combat. You can't attack or use skill unless enemy is with in range, its lock on based, moving out of the way is pointless because if your in attacking range they will hit you. Its like WoW locked in to 3rd person shooter mode with amazing graphics, and a combo system.

The part in red is not going ot happen for a very long time, first been the amount of animation going out in a open world mmorpg is insane programing to say the least. not to metion the fact those only works well if you have epic connection and as of now not everyone has top internet. Lag created by this would make the game unplayable by lot of people. It works in vindictus and dragon nest because they are instance base, rendering 5-20 is ok but when you try to do that with few hundred people you got problems.

Ok cast while running, unless you mean charge skill (which you can charge while moving as you lvl up) the root in movement is exactly the same as monster hunter. At least Tera has BAM and dungeon boss with nice Ai. I'm sorry do every single little monster in games you play have amazing AI? Thats just not time or financially reasonable.

most third person action games are lock based.. I don't see how because there is no lock on it makes it "more" action oriented. Combos and everything else I mentioned make the combat flow better and to me it makes it more enjoyable.  Also I never expect good AI in MMOs heck you hardly get decent AI in single player games. My point was people keep saying how amazing the combat is in this game and I just don't see it. It's differn't from normal MMO combat and in many cases better then some of the more basic ones but overall I didn't find it that great , now saying that obviously combat isn't the only thing that makes or breaks a MMO overall. But then again everything else I experience from the game upto 18 was pretty average as well. Graphics were very pretty but actual zones were static and have your basic static quest givers giving you basic kill 10 of this quests as you return and move on to the next static quest giver... I dunno perhaps I expect to much from games these days. But for someone who played lineage 2 for over a year and AION for about 6 months I don't see a point in sinking my time into this one. Aside from a few combat mechanics it all feels to familiar...

most third person action games are lock based.. I don't see how because there is no lock on it makes it "more" action oriented. Combos and everything else I mentioned make the combat flow better and to me it makes it more enjoyable.  Also I never expect good AI in MMOs heck you hardly get decent AI in single player games. My point was people keep saying how amazing the combat is in this game and I just don't see it. It's differn't from normal MMO combat and in many cases better then some of the more basic ones but overall I didn't find it that great , now saying that obviously combat isn't the only thing that makes or breaks a MMO overall. But then again everything else I experience from the game upto 18 was pretty average as well. Graphics were very pretty but actual zones were static and have your basic static quest givers giving you basic kill 10 of this quests as you return and move on to the next static quest giver... I dunno perhaps I expect to much from games these days.

Not really, monster hunter, god eater burst, demon soul, dark soul. top action combat battle games, all very hard all don't have lock on.

Combo doesn't mean action combat, it feels more action orinated but doesn't really mean action combat if everyone is locked all and all you do is pressing a sequence of buttons. Thats like playing guitar hero with a fight scene playing in the back ground, or elite beat agent.

The combat shings during BAM and dungeons and pvp. Yes it sucks that the game pretty much has none of that until lvl 20, something they need to fix definatly.

Not really, monster hunter, god eater burst, demon soul, dark soul. top action combat battle games, all very hard all don't have lock on.

Combo doesn't mean action combat, it feels more action orinated but doesn't really mean action combat if everyone is locked all and all you do is pressing a sequence of buttons. Thats like playing guitar hero with a fight scene playing in the back ground, or elite beat agent.

The combat shings during BAM and dungeons and pvp. Yes it sucks that the game pretty much has none of that until lvl 20, something they need to fix definatly.

non lock-on doesn't mean action combat either it's just how you look at it.. with lock-on you have more options for moves to be more fluid and connect better with npcs... anyway not going into it more we obviously have differn't views on whats fun for action combat... i do agree early levels really need a steup up in the fun department to want people to get to BAMs because at 18 I really have no desire to even try and get to 20. I actually stopped playing early sunday on last beta weekend because I simply got so bored. Also having only a single starter area is a big problem to me considering even lineage 2 had a differn't starter area for every race

• DrealgrinDrealgrin Member UncommonPosts: 156

Another Typical Korean clone, the ONLY good thing about this game is the really cool transportation system. on the Pegasuseses.

Anyone who pays for Korean clone MMOs sincerely needs to raise their standards for what earns their money.

• hotixhotix Member UncommonPosts: 130

Aerowyn a good amount of people felt the same way. Hit lvl 20 though and do dungeon 1 or a bam, or better yet pvp. If you have 30 hours in the game already and haven't hit lvl 20+ that is pretty sad. I know you want to test all the classes I'm guessing, but in any game no class is really ready to shine until end game. That is what the current trend in the mmo industry currently is. I know it sucks and I'm not trolling or belittling you in the least. Just hit lvl 20 glyph and try what I've recommended. The game really starts to shine then.