Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hotkeys

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Can we freely assign hotkeys to any function of the interface, or are they all bound by default?

Having skills bound to 7,8 and 9 just seems illogical and unusefull to me. But i haven't seen a single video showing of the edditing of controlls.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• fonyfony Member Posts: 755

you could always rebind keys. didn't you also play the demo, or was that someone else?

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

You can change any of the hotkeys to any accessible input function.

• BebbohBebboh Member Posts: 29

What game doesnt let you change your hotkeys these days??

Im 100% sure  that you will be able to change them

• LeodiousLeodious Member UncommonPosts: 773

Originally posted by B3bb0
    What game doesnt let you change your hotkeys these days??
    Im 100% sure  that you will be able to change them

Most purport to let you, but many do it very, very badly. And some games will only let you rebind certain functions, or not let you use certain keys for certain functions, or even use some keys at all.

But yeah, you can rebind whatever you like.

"There are two great powers, and they've been fighting since time began. Every advance in human life, every scrap of knowledge and wisdom and decency we have has been torn by one side from the teeth of the other. Every little increase in human freedom has been fought over ferociously between those who want us to know more and be wiser and stronger, and those who want us to obey and be humble and submit."

— John Parry, to his son Will; "The Subtle Knife," by Phillip Pullman

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by fony

you could always rebind keys. didn't you also play the demo, or was that someone else?

Yes i played at GAmescom, but when you get to play 30 minutes demos, you dont take the time to setup your hotkeys. mouseclicking had to do the trick back then for me.

Settings werent avaialble in the left upper corner back then, and i didn't want to take the time to look for them.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• arjiarji Member UncommonPosts: 93

Ok another question from me. Can you zoom out your camera to have a larger overview ? Seems that all playing with the camera too close to the char . Is this on purpose to see the abilities or the character better? Link me a video that camera is zoomed out plox.

Originally posted by arji

Ok another question from me. Can you zoom out your camera to have a larger overview ? Seems that all playing with the camera too close to the char . Is this on purpose to see the abilities or the character better? Link me a video that camera is zoomed out plox.

Page-up and Page-down will help you zoom in and out.

I prefer the current camera position in the vids as its much better for imersion and gives you a better controll over your charr, zooming out how-ever allows you to get a more tactical view of the battlefield

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

I read a post gw2guru that said Modifier keys aren't available.  I.E. Shift, Alt, Ctrl keys.   This is how it was in GW1 too, but i really hope A-net changes their mind and adds them.

Originally posted by observer

I read a post gw2guru that said Modifier keys aren't available.  I.E. Shift, Alt, Ctrl keys.   This is how it was in GW1 too, but i really hope A-net changes their mind and adds them.

I am on the verge of buying a Razer Naga, lets hope that will work...

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

The game allows new keybinding. What the game doesn't allow that some have complained about, (I have no problem with it personally), is that you can't drag your weapon and other skills around to put them where you want on the hotbar. So, I can change the keybindings so that skills I use most often, or skills I use together, are attached to what ever keys I want for easier access, but the order of most skills on the hotbar is fixed.

The only freedom there are the three utility skill slots on the right hand bar, you can put your utility skills in those three slots in what ever order you wish.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by moosecatlol

You can change any of the hotkeys to any accessible input function.

Whew thats good to know.  I dislike anything past my 5 key, I use 1-5, shift 1-5 and ctrl 1-5 with a few others like tilde and R,F,C,G and their shift/ctrl counterparts.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

Originally posted by observer

This concerns me, too, but fortunately there aren't a lot of buttons you'll need to push. I can always bind healing, utility, and elite skills to Z, X, C, V, and B if needed.

What bothered me more in GW1 was that it didn't remove the numbers from your skill bar. If it's bound to Z, I don't want it to say 6. It makes it harder to get used to rebinds and just looks sloppy.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

use the ESDF for movements and you get a even greater set of hotkeys........not that you will need it in Gw2, you only need 10 for combat, 2? to switch weapons. Menu functions doesn't really need to be close to your hand anyway.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."