Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Poll] What are you most looking forward to in 2012?

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

GW2

Then TSW

Then Firefall.

Not interested in the rest.  Archeage also has my interest piqued.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

This... nuff said.

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

The Secret World followed by SWTOR updates and expansions... oh and Age of Conan crafting revamp! If ArcheAge comes out this year then thats a no brainer. But I doubt we'll see that one hit the west for another two years.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• dauntSilverdauntSilver Member Posts: 146

Why isnt Planetside 2 up there? :[

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

might have been nice if there had been a none of the abve option. What I am looking forward to is playing an older game I like. Which i am already doing.  All of the games listed are games I will watch.. but most likely I won't consider them until 2013 when they have been out awhile.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

I'm not super-interested in any game this year, TBH. TL2, GW2, and Firefall look okay, sure, but nothing special. Honestly, Bioshock Infinite is about the only game I'm incredibly impatient to get my hands on this year. I don't wanna wait until October dammit! :(

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

For the past 2 years now, it's been GW2, then everything else a distant second for me.

I saw someone mention DF2.0 and MO, but I think the OP was trying to talk about games that have more than 200 people playing them.

Joined - July 2004

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

None of the above. I'm looking forward to the end of the world! End of the World, baby! image image I'm going to get front row seats, watch the oblivion in Hi-Def 3D! Wooo!

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

Originally posted by UsualSuspect

None of the above. I'm looking forward to the end of the world! End of the World, baby! image image I'm going to get front row seats, watch the oblivion in Hi-Def 3D! Wooo!

could you please film yourself waiting for it and then the launch is a fail?

Currently bored with MMO's.

• blognorgblognorg Member UncommonPosts: 643

Originally posted by dauntSilver

I mentiioned that it, along with Archeage, doesn't seem like a 2012 release. I was trying to stick to the games that were likely, if not definitely, coming out this year.

Originally posted by ElderRat

might have been nice if there had been a none of the abve option. What I am looking forward to is playing an older game I like. Which i am already doing.  All of the games listed are games I will watch.. but most likely I won't consider them until 2013 when they have been out awhile.

I suppose I should have, but I had decided not to because I just wanted a comparison of certain games. An "other" option with a potentially large percentage wasn't quite what I was looking for. However, feel free to comment on what you are looking forward to.

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

But nobody will see the film as nobody will be left! Hah! Doom upon you, mortal. Um...

And if by some weird chance that I do happen to survive the ensuing horsemen of the apocalypse, there's always 2040 to look forward to:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/03/02/asteroid_impact_2040/

But nobody will see the film as nobody will be left! Hah! Doom upon you, mortal. Um...

And if by some weird chance that I do happen to survive the ensuing horsemen of the apocalypse, there's always 2040 to look forward to:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/03/02/asteroid_impact_2040/

Pfft, astroids. Why not worry about thing that WILL happen? i.e. Yellowstone. There's no percentage there; it will erupt, and it will kill us... some of us more slowly than others. Frankly, I would rather be at ground zero. 

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

None of the above.

Diablo 3 is a lobby game, not an mmo despite what mmorpg.com says.

Put a fork in FFXIV because it is done.  No amount of patching will save it.

TERA and TSW will flop and be ghost towns within 6 months of release.

GW2 might be able to sustain a decent population because it's starting out f2p.  Right now it's too over hyped though, how can a game live up to what people have made it out in their minds to be.

I've never even heard of Firefall until right now.

2013 please.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• Requiem6Requiem6 Member Posts: 237

For me it's :

B2P -

Guild Wars 2

Torchlight 2

F2P -

Firefall

Path of Exile

There's some other game in the making that look really nice, but I have no idea when they are coming out.

Otherwise I'll be following Mist of Pandaria, I'm really curious if it will be as bad as cataclysm or actually succesful.

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

Waiting as crazy for Archeage and Darkfall 2.0 :D

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Above all else, Guild Wars 2.

Also looking forward to Diablo 3 but I'm in the beta and let me tell you, it's nothing special. It'll be a fun romp but it'll grow rather boring within a few weeks, after you beat Normal mode.

I'm a long time Funcom fan (who mostly skipped AoC) so I'm looking forward to The Secret World. Under new leadership and headed by the guy who was the lead on their two adventure games 'The Longest Journey' and 'Dreamfall' which are widely considered in the top 10 best adventure games ever.. it could be spectacular.

I'll check out TERA but I don't know if I'll buy it. From what I understand the game's got a heavily tacked on questing system that is even more boring than usual. As good as the combat might be if it's all about killing ten rats for some copper pennies I will avoid it like the plague. After GW2 hits, and if it's a great success, an MMOG based on quests will become rather antiquated.

Originally posted by dave6660

None of the above.

Diablo 3 is a lobby game, not an mmo despite what mmorpg.com says.

Put a fork in FFXIV because it is done.  No amount of patching will save it.

TERA and TSW will flop and be ghost towns within 6 months of release.

GW2 might be able to sustain a decent population because it's starting out f2p.  Right now it's too over hyped though, how can a game live up to what people have made it out in their minds to be.

I've never even heard of Firefall until right now.

2013 please.

Well, to be fair, the question asked what game is your # 1 pick, not MMO, but that's just semantics. I would argue that Diablo 3 is in a pretty similar market, though. After all, people are pretty accepting of Guild Wars 1 being on the list. Was that not a lobby game? Also, Diablo 3 has more in common with MMOs than ever before, like organized PvP, an auction house and the game even has to be connected to thier servers to play. I think if games like PlanetSide 2 and Firefall can be compared to GW2, TSW, TERA, etc, then so can D3.

• dauntSilverdauntSilver Member Posts: 146

Originally posted by blognorg

Originally posted by dauntSilver

I mentiioned that it, along with Archeage, doesn't seem like a 2012 release. I was trying to stick to the games that were likely, if not definitely, coming out this year.

ah.. in that case, my choice goes to GW2. definitely going to be getting my hands on a copy once it comes out. :]

I beta tested Firefall, didnt think it was that great.. I actually quit going to the weekly beta test events lol. Hopefully when it is "finished" it will be better.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Not agreed that Diablo 3 should be in a pool. Clearly not an mmo game even more not an mmorpg game :/

Anyway since ArcheAge won't be releasing in west this year - (and that would be my favourite) - I am voting for GW2.

Originally posted by fenistil

Not agreed that Diablo 3 should be in a pool. Clearly not an mmo game even more not an mmorpg game :/

Anyway since ArcheAge won't be releasing in west this year - (and that would be my favourite) - I am voting for GW2.

"Well, to be fair, the question asked what game is your # 1 pick, not MMO, but that's just semantics. I would argue that Diablo 3 is in a pretty similar market, though. After all, people are pretty accepting of Guild Wars 1 being on the list. Was that not a lobby game? Also, Diablo 3 has more in common with MMOs than ever before, like organized PvP, an auction house and the game even has to be connected to thier servers to play. I think if games like PlanetSide 2 and Firefall can be compared to GW2, TSW, TERA, etc, then so can D3."

That's the argument that I gave a few posts up to someone else that felt that way about Diablo. If you already read it, sorry for the redunacy. However, I would still be interested in hearing your reasoning.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Really is a tossup for me between TSW and GW2.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

"Well, to be fair, the question asked what game is your # 1 pick, not MMO, but that's just semantics. I would argue that Diablo 3 is in a pretty similar market, though. After all, people are pretty accepting of Guild Wars 1 being on the list. Was that not a lobby game? Also, Diablo 3 has more in common with MMOs than ever before, like organized PvP, an auction house and the game even has to be connected to thier servers to play. I think if games like PlanetSide 2 and Firefall can be compared to GW2, TSW, TERA, etc, then so can D3."

That's the argument that I gave a few posts up to someone else that felt that way about Diablo. If you already read it, sorry for the redunacy. However, I would still be interested in hearing your reasoning.

Reasoning is as follows.

First of all - I don't cosider GW1 as mmorpg as well. Heck even Arena.net does not - they stated it is separate "genre" CORPG.

As for other things. If you conisder D3 to be mmo - then imho you would have to consider BattleField 3 and Call of Duty and similar as mmo , you would have to conisder many /most of rts games as mmo like starcraft 2. 

Diablo 3 is just ordinary mutliplayer , co-op lobby game. I am amazed that someone may even consider it as mmo. 

But well I guess it is just language changing and I am sure if that will go further ( I mean naming broeader nad broader category of games as mmo / mmorpg) then language will just come out with separate naming for games that undisputably are mmorpg's (that have peristant world, are not lobby & instance based).  Maybe it will be massive virtual world games or something similar - well we'll have to wait to find out I guess.

Of couse it is just my opinion and you're free to disagree.

Reasoning is as follows.

First of all - I don't cosider GW1 as mmorpg as well. Heck even Arena.net does not - they stated it is separate "genre" CORPG.

As for other things. If you conisder D3 to be mmo - then imho you would have to consider BattleField 3 and Call of Duty and similar as mmo , you would have to conisder many /most of rts games as mmo like starcraft 2. 

Diablo 3 is just ordinary mutliplayer , co-op lobby game. I am amazed that someone may even consider it as mmo. 

But well I guess it is just language changing and I am sure if that will go further ( I mean naming broeader nad broader category of games as mmo / mmorpg) then language will just come out with separate naming for games that undisputably are mmorpg's (that have peristant world, are not lobby & instance based).  Maybe it will be massive virtual world games or something similar - well we'll have to wait to find out I guess.

Of couse it is just my opinion and you're free to disagree.

Well, I never explicitly stated that it was an MMO, but that it shares an audience, to an extent. Also, I never said that GW1 was an MMO either; I just said that people didn't gripe about it being on the game list, as people have for Diablo 3. I think what separates D3 from games like BF3, etc are things like the aution house, and the coop/pvp dynamics that are more akin to that of an actual MMO. Persistance is just one of the factors differenciates games. Many refer to PlanetSide 2 as an MMO, but the play mechanics are very different from game like WoW. When it comes down to it, no, Diablo 3 is not an MMO, however I felt that it shared enough features and audience to justify its place on the list. That's my take on it.