Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lead PvP designer discuss PvP in SWTOR

13»

Comments

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by Games888

how can pvp not the focus of starwars is beyond me.

I wonder this almost everyday, it's very odd you know? 

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Originally posted by Teala

Is it any wonder that the PvP in this game is in such bad shape?  Watch this video and listen  to the guy in charge.

PvP Lead  Design Interview  <<< clicky

At 5:07 in the video he discusses kill trading.  Sad.

So Teala I'm asking again: what's your experience been with SWTOR PVP?  What's it been like for you?  Fun, not fun?

My youtube MMO gaming channel

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Originally posted by Chieftan

Is it any wonder that the PvP in this game is in such bad shape?  Watch this video and listen  to the guy in charge.

So Teala I'm asking again: what's your experience been with SWTOR PVP?  What's it been like for you?  Fun, not fun?

I would imagine it's a little heavy on the trolling. At least on her end.

• Coltaine00Coltaine00 Member Posts: 52

Where were all the tough questions:

I.E. What are your plans for open world PvP in general since the ilum daily changes are just a bandaid?

How are you going to fix IlumPvP with it being the laggiest POS any MMO company has ever developed?

Your warzones and PvP are pretty much a rehash of other games - are you planning to add innovation anytime soon?

Are you going to add more knockbacks and CC to the game, since obviously there isn't enough.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by Coltaine00

Where were all the tough questions:

I.E. What are your plans for open world PvP in general since the ilum daily changes are just a bandaid?

How are you going to fix IlumPvP with it being the laggiest POS any MMO company has ever developed?

Your warzones and PvP are pretty much a rehash of other games - are you planning to add innovation anytime soon?

Are you going to add more knockbacks and CC to the game, since obviously there isn't enough.

Good question. After watching a number of once fervent game supporters on this site change their views over the last couple of months, I'm rather curious what all the professionals who gave this game insanely glowing reviews in the first month think now. Considering this softball interview I'm guessing we will never know.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

Originally posted by Tardcore

Good question. After watching a number of once fervent game supporters on this site change their views over the last couple of months, I'm rather curious what all the professionals who gave this game insanely glowing reviews in the first month think now. Considering this softball interview I'm guessing we will never know.

They don't care. If they did they would have stopped pulling that nonsense when they did it for other games like AOC and Warhammer. Safe to say they don't give a shit if it ends up being their review is grossly overinflated.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• JobeArthurJobeArthur Member UncommonPosts: 41

I really hope Gabe is fired or leaves soon before he adds so much broken crap that they will have to do an NGE type of change to the PVP game..

I am not one to hate over a game but this guy just has no idea what he is doing and i would really hate to see another star wars MMO go down the crapper.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

Originally posted by JobeArthur

I really hope Gabe is fired or leaves soon before he adds so much broken crap that they will have to do an NGE type of change to the PVP game..

I am not one to hate over a game but this guy just has no idea what he is doing and i would really hate to see another star wars MMO go down the crapper.

+1 in reference to Gabe ...............guy is clueless

and to late , its already circling the bowl...

• DreadbladeDreadblade Member Posts: 384

I found this interesting video and think is sums up the PvP in SWTOR:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmnt0FAGKGE

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

Originally posted by smh_alot

I disagree on several aspects. First, I think some of the complainers that are craving things to be completely innovative or different are at heart far less openminded towards real innovativeness and their comfort zone far more clung to existing mechanics and features than their ranting might suggest. In reality they want innovation only to fall within their narrow range of acceptance, any innovation or different mechanic that falls outside that range will be complained about just as hard or will be considered too weird or freaky. Basically they only want some of the features they are unable to enjoy anymore to change, all the rest they actually want/need for it to stay the same to what they're used to, they're completely closed off to any innovation or straying away from the path on those 'same old' aspects and how they're done in the past.

I disagree that there are things that should be stayed away from when it comes to doing things in a different way, to me it only shows how little adaptable a number of people are to things that are different including a lot of the same people clamoring for innovation. functional =/= only 1 way is good, and functional also =/= no different implementations should be attempted.

Legacy system has nothing to do with core functionality nor with full feature set, so it's not related to the topic we were discussing at all.

So, what does TOR do that is innovative, outside of voice acting window dressing?

There are certain things that work so well, you don't need to try something different.  A UI that is customizable makes so much sense, why make one that isn't?

As far as Legacy system not being part of a core functionality or full feature set, actually, your wrong.  The Legacy system was hyped as a big feature, something which was meant to add content to the game.  As it exists, the legacy system is pointless.  Why implement such a feature when it is unfinished and lacks any functionality?

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

3 things that I find incredible

1- Human beings, and not some Bot, designed PvP in SWTOR

2- They actually (supposedly) have training and experience in Gaming

3- They openly admit to not only creating it, but they are pround of the job they did

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)