Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really impressed with this game

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

This game has potential to be huge hit.

• It turns boring MMO combat upside down.

• It has actual seamless huge open world.

• It has probably best graphic in MMOs to date - in some areas even better than GW2.

• It follows traditional MMO quest system reminiscent of EQ1

• It has ruthless PVP with political system

But ... I have feeling its going to be simply slashed by GW2

I for example really love it. But I am not even considering buyin it.

I mean why to buy the game and pay sub. If GW2 is offering pretty much the same for price of the box.

Real wrong timing for this game....

What do you think ?

Comments

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

"It follows traditional MMO quest system reminiscent of EQ1"

This isn't good thing to most people. People think it don't be like it is, but it do.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

Originally posted by jinxxed0

This isn't good thing to most people. People think it don't be like it is, but it do.

Quite contrary.

There is lot of people that are used to this system and can not be without it (not me, but i read in forums and game comments often)

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Id rather have combat revamped than questing and thats why I will be playing TERA instead of GW2 or SW:TOR.

• Superduper69Superduper69 Member Posts: 363

@OP

Isn't it amazing ;) if you like a game you are ok with same old generic questing but if you dislike a game you would bash it for the same reason. Gotto love the hypocrites on these forums.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I agree that it's bad timing.

Originally posted by Superduper69

@OP

Isn't it amazing ;) if you like a game you are ok with same old generic questing but if you dislike a game you would bash it for the same reason. Gotto love the hypocrites on these forums.

Let me just quote guy above you

Id rather have combat revamped than questing and thats why I will be playing TERA instead of GW2 or SW:TOR.

• Superduper69Superduper69 Member Posts: 363

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Originally posted by Superduper69

@OP

Let me just quote guy above you

And yet you mentioned questing as one the reasons in your OP as to why Tera has potential to be a huge hit. The same reason you have been bringing out as negative for games like Rift and Swtor.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

theres a huge change because of  its combat to become cult classic like Atlantica Online.

Let's internet

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

• It has probably best graphic in MMOs to date - in some areas even better than GW2.

i don't think its combat system is new to the MMO.

And its not seamless open world (you haven't played real seamless-open world games to say this i guess).

I dont agree TERA has the best graphics, to say my opinion Rift has them till now. Best graphics is a huge conversation... For me good graphics arent only the realistic ones.For example, its the quality of textures even if it's cartoony, the lighting/shadow system and how it affects the gameplay and many more...

That traditional MMO "questfarming" needs to stop, the market had enough of it. I think GW2 wiselly chose event system than the boring "questfarming"

I highly doubt  that for the "ruthless pvp"....

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

Originally posted by Lobotomist

This game has potential to be huge hit.

But ... I have feeling its going to be simply slashed by GW2

I for example really love it. But I am not even considering buyin it.

I mean why to buy the game and pay sub. If GW2 is offering pretty much the same for price of the box.

Real wrong timing for this game....

What do you think ?

agree on one point.. and that's the combat system..

All other points are just wrong..

for expl.. if your are pvp freak.. tera ain't the game for you.

tera will get boring very fast.. when you reached capped level.

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066

Originally posted by PsyMike3d

New or not,the comat is very refreshing and good compared to the likes of swtor and WOW.

And its not seamless open world (you haven't played real seamless-open world games to say this i guess).

This i agree with,seems many people don't know what an real open world MMO is.

I like Tera by the way..

I dont agree TERA has the best graphics, to say my opinion Rift has them till now. Best graphics is a huge conversation... For me good graphics arent only the realistic ones.For example, its the quality of textures even if it's cartoony, the lighting/shadow system and how it affects the gameplay and many more...

That traditional MMO "questfarming" needs to stop, the market had enough of it. I think GW2 wiselly chose event system than the boring "questfarming"

I highly doubt  that for the "ruthless pvp"....

Wow... I bow to your knowledge.

Can you by any chance explain to me what is seamless open world ?

What MMO has it, and why TERA has it now ?

As for graphics.

Its mater of taste. But in any case its safe to say that TERA is in upper best spot, while having real good performance on most PCs.

---------

Anyway

Timing is all for MMO, especially subscription based.

GW2 is probably superior to TERA in every way + its B2P.

And its shame for TERA because if it was launched just 6 months before, it would made good - by people that are bored of old fashioned static skill MMOs....

Now with GW2 , and sub system. I dont know how it could possibly do any good ?

• FargolFargol Member UncommonPosts: 303

Originally posted by jinxxed0

This isn't good thing to most people.

How could you possibly know that?

• FrostWyrmFrostWyrm Member Posts: 1,036

Haven't played it, but it looks like it'll be a lot of fun.

Still waiting for that NA release.

• haibanehaibane Member Posts: 178

Rift best graphics ? That's got to be the joke of the day, even EQ2 looks better and it's close to 7 years old now.

I feel the same than you OP tho, i like TERA a lot, but i don't think i'm going to get it just because of GW2 / TSW.

There's also one thing that'll bug me with TERA it's the PVP system. It's going to be a L2 reboot, open world zergfest with whoever has the biggest number wins and owns keeps whatever. It's like that in all open world pvp korean mmorpgs, they don't get it right.

Somehow only EVE managed to it properly, mostly due to the huge role that resource harvesting played in the game (hence controlling 0 sec was vital to build those huge ships). But in a fantasy game it's a road to failure... 

That's probably the game killer for me, especially when u see how well thought GW2's pvp seems to be, especially the World vs World (vs World).

You're a Hardcore Survivor!

You not only survived the zombie apocalypse, but did it with style! Your mastery of zombie knowledge, survival tactics, and weaponry is nearly unmatched. Congratulations, for you are hardcore!

Originally posted by haibane

Rift best graphics ? That's got to be the joke of the day, even EQ2 looks better and it's close to 7 years old now.

If you compare Rift's graphics with EQ2, then i cant say anything else...I guess you are blind....

imageimageimageimageimage

Medium Settings Btw

• shi7anshi7an Member UncommonPosts: 14

lol people think they are going to level up in GW2 by just walking around and exploring the world.

TERA quest: grind X mob, bring Y iten

GW2 quest: grind these mobs until the event ends

The only difference is TERA you talk to a NPC for the quests and GW2 you don't. but at the end of the day it's the same shit just a different toilet.

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

Originally posted by haibane

If you compare Rift's graphics with EQ2, then i cant say anything else...I guess you are blind....

imageimageimageimageimage

Medium Settings Btw

Everyone who's saying Rift has bad graphics, has a bad pc. Technically it looks really great, however, you can disagree with the art style. I for one really like the atmosphere in the game.

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

why are you so threatened by this game psymike?

I've got the straight edge.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Great to see you like TERA. See you in game my friend. image

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

TERA will be just for a niche group of players, dont expect anything more. It will take some people from AION and L2, and thats all. Just wait to see how many servers they´ll have at launch to see that. 

Originally posted by brody71

why are you so threatened by this game psymike?

Im not, thats just my opinion for Tera thats all... Fanboys are threatened by the "anti-tera" posts because they know even if they dont admit it, that this will probably end-up like Aion or SWTOR... 

i just wish companies to create new MMOs with fresh ideas(probably Archeage will be 1 of them thank god).

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

That's the first time the quest system was ever used as a pro, rather than a con.

But oh well, this game is for Anime lovers. Nothing more. Once you get passed the "new" combat, you'll quickly see it's like any other game out there at the moment. Which is fine, I guess. I'm personally tired of it, though.

Originally posted by BizkitNL

That's the first time the quest system was ever used as a pro, rather than a con.

But oh well, this game is for Anime lovers. Nothing more. Once you get passed the "new" combat, you'll quickly see it's like any other game out there at the moment. Which is fine, I guess. I'm personally tired of it, though.

indeed, im tired of this also, thats my point, you dont have to hate it... just tired of all those....

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Originally posted by hikaru77

TERA will be just for a niche group of players, dont expect anything more. It will take some people from AION and L2, and thats all. Just wait to see how many servers they´ll have at launch to see that. 

So everybody thats saying that they like game are from Lineage 2 and Aion?