Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Poll] What are you most looking forward to in 2012?

blognorgblognorg Member UncommonPosts: 643

Instead of starting a huge flamewar, just toss a vote. Which is these will be your game of choice this year? I left out Archeage, becuase if you think it's going to launch this year, then you are a crazy person. Also, it's not looking like there's much possibility for PlanetSide 2, either. I'm sure I left out a few other anticipated games, but these are the biggies.

I put Diablo 3 on here because it's on the game list, and is considered by many to be able to squeeze into the MMO genre. Happy voting! 

Comments

• noseforautonoseforauto Member Posts: 46

FFXIV. lol

• SSJGotenx268SSJGotenx268 Member Posts: 63

FFXIV 2.0.

As much as people hate the game it's still getting better. Currently and will continue to pay for their subscription. They have my full support.

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657

GW2 is the only decent looking game that has been announced for future release. IMO

• xenptxenpt Member Posts: 430

I think secret world has everything to be a great interesting game, i will try it also along with guildwars 2

• zytinzytin Member UncommonPosts: 202

I so hope GW2 lives up to half of its hype.  On another note, I'm watching some crazy asian movie on encore and there's this brain monster thing swiming around while two asian twins sing a song.

• zytinzytin Member UncommonPosts: 202

Oh, it's Godzilla vs Mothra.

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

For now my order will be: TERA to hold me over until The Secrect World and Guild Wars 2, The Secrect World and Guild Wars 2 to hold me over until the western version ArcheAge (which looks to be two plus years down the road.) I plan to return to Final Fantasy XIV when they add the male miqo'te when that happens I'll jump between GW2, TSW and maybe FFXIV until ArcheAge releases in the West.

So that means for 2012 The Secret World and Guild Wars 2 are the titles I'm looking forward to the most and because it's equal I didn't not vote.

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• NivezNivez Member Posts: 93

Torchlight 2!

• blognorgblognorg Member UncommonPosts: 643

Originally posted by Nivez

Torchlight 2!

Oops. This one kind of slipped my mind. I know a lot of people are anticipating it, but it's been so long since I've heard anything about it, that I forgot that it might be launching this year. My bad :-(

• KholeKhole Member CommonPosts: 136

Bit of a toss up between GW2 and The secret world. 

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

A few of those aren't even MMOs... and why isn't Darkfall 2.0 on the list?

• blognorgblognorg Member UncommonPosts: 643

Originally posted by Garvon3

A few of those aren't even MMOs... and why isn't Darkfall 2.0 on the list?

Sorry, I never heard that they were doing Darkfall 2.0. Is it coming out this year? 

Well, most of them are open-world multiplayer; I gave a qualifier for Diablo 3, and to be fair, I said game, not MMO.

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

None of the ones you listed.

Darkfall 2.0 and Mortal Online expansion.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

Originally posted by xDayx

LOLz

Darkfall 2.0 if, and only if, there is a server wipe.

The announcing of a western publisher for Archage..

The announcing of Mortal Online's assets burning in a horrible fire causing them to sell off the company...

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Dominus!

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

Same for me, hard to pick GW2 or TSW, but I picked TSW simply because its none fantasy, and I really want to find a great none fantasy MMO]

plus the puzzles to solve seems like a cool idea.

And for the one asking why Mortal online expanison is not on the list, well considering some of these games will sell 100,000 to possibly over 1 million copies, mortal online might sell 2000 copies of they are lucky so hardly really puts the game on the radar.

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

Originally posted by DAS1337

Originally posted by xDayx

LOLz

Darkfall 2.0 if, and only if, there is a server wipe.

The announcing of a western publisher for Archage..

The announcing of Mortal Online's assets burning in a horrible fire causing them to sell off the company...

Why would a server wipe be necessary?

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Guild Wars 2 of course, but I'll most certainly check out FFXIV again once 2.0 testing begins this fall.  It'll be free to play for several months afterall, so why not.  Also, I still have some 7-8 months paid for already, so if its good I may subscribe after it goes P2P again in early 2013, along side the PS3 launch.

• vojkan95vojkan95 Member Posts: 104

GW2  for sure   ... a have done alot research  watched all videos and evrything it is amazing !!

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

GW2 paying model and what kind of cash shop there will be.

can change the future of every MMO.

Let's internet

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

TSW, tired of level based MMO's always felt that levels was a lazy game mechanic, i don't think TSW is the next WoW by any means, but i think it has more to offer than the other games listed. image

• holifeetholifeet Member Posts: 532

Guild Wars 2 and my Asura elementalist by a long, long way.

In many ways I wish I wasn't though. I really like the sound of TSW and Planetside a lot, but I only really have time for one MMO in my life. I tried telling myself GW2 is free so I can play for another MMO, but the cost really isn't the problem. It's actual time.

Sadly I might have to give TSW and Planetside a miss...or at least a lot less time.

I just don't think GW2 is going to fail, so there's no expecting I can get a few months in each, a la the trend of the last 5 to 7 years.

All hail the Pixel, for it is glorious Orange!
  • ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

GW2 is my #1 followed by TSW at a distant #2.  No other game is even remotely close on my radar.  Guess why I pick those 2?  Innovation soemthing this genre has sorely lost with all the WoW clones over the last 4+ years.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• SeyfrySeyfry Member Posts: 3

#1 GuildWars 2 who doesn't wait for it?

#2 TSW (Beta)

#3 Diablo 3

I've nothing more to say

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I didn't vote because I couldn't decide between Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2. I am really looking forward to both games and I will play both games. I am not interested in any other MMO because i have decided that I will never play a subscription game again unless it's the best thing sliced bread.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.