Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RaiderZ: New Website & Alpha News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Perfect World Entertainment has announced that the RaiderZ website has been overhauled and that sign ups are now being accepted for the North American alpha test that is scheduled to begin on March 14th.

The new site is packed with screens and information about RaiderZ as well as the location to sign up for alpha testing.

Check out the RaiderZ site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Does anyone knows if this game will be another Vindictus-like dungeon crawler with heavy instancing out of cities?. I have been waiting for this game a long time now but i havent seen any information regarding how open the world is. If its another Vindictus then i might just change my mind and forget about it :( 

i really can't stand dungeon crawlers, specially when developers have the knowlede and ability to create wonderful open worlds but rather take the easy road and make lower quality gameplay hidden under pretty graphics

• KizzattaKizzatta Member Posts: 59

rojo6934 I'm not sure about instanced areas, but I do think this game will be more along the lines of Monster Hunter where you kill enemies and craft your gear from their remains. Oh, and I also know with 99.99% certainty that this game will be pay-to-win, so be ready for a debit card raping.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Originally posted by Kizzatta

rojo6934 I'm not sure about instanced areas, but I do think this game will be more along the lines of Monster Hunter where you kill enemies and craft your gear from their remains. Oh, and I also know with 99.99% certainty that this game will be pay-to-win, so be ready for a debit card raping.

Source? If so, this game can burn in infinite fire for eternity.

Also, how can you have a "Monster Hunter" style gameplay in an MMO without giant swords, and Medieval Armor? It just doesn't work :(.

Did anyone else feel like that whole scene was something regarding to the Lich King? I seriously felt like I was tranported into a crappy version of WoW for a moment there.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

thanks for the info. ALso about the pay to win, i really dont mind. I am not a hardcore PvP player so i wont spend a dime in cash shop even at the cost of sucking at PvP in case its really pay to win (since that mostly affects PvP only). F2P mmos tend to be more expensive than sub based mmos if you rely on cash shop even for cosmetics.

I just hope its open world and not an instanced hub like Vindictus. I got a VIP beta invitation to play continent of the Ninth and i was very happy until i logged in and found it was just like vindictus.... logged out disappointed and never logged in again.

EDIT: i never played monster hunter so im not sure about it.

• XendrellXendrell Member UncommonPosts: 11

RaiderZ is pretty much like Monster Hunter. It's an open world with instances and you have to craft your own stuff to have the best gear. (NPC equipment is garbage).

The one problam i have with this game though is the "Dodging" If a monster has...let's say already started to swing at you. Dodging is pointless cause you'll get hit anyway. You pretty much have to be phychic and move out of the way before it does anything.

Originally posted by Valerosus

RaiderZ is pretty much like Monster Hunter. It's an open world with instances and you have to craft your own stuff to have the best gear. (NPC equipment is garbage).

The one problam i have with this game though is the "Dodging" If a monster has...let's say already started to swing at you. Dodging is pointless cause you'll get hit anyway. You pretty much have to be phychic and move out of the way before it does anything.

i see, well as long as its open world im fine. Instancing is ok to me if its dungeons, not the entire world outside the cities (ala vindictus, C9, dragon nest, and the already diseased Divine Souls)

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Source? If so, this game can burn in infinite fire for eternity.

Also, how can you have a "Monster Hunter" style gameplay in an MMO without giant swords, and Medieval Armor? It just doesn't work :(.

Did anyone else feel like that whole scene was something regarding to the Lich King? I seriously felt like I was tranported into a crappy version of WoW for a moment there.

If you're asking for a source for that, you haven't looked at the item mall for Perfect World's other games. The only games they haven't managed to mangle with the item mall are the Cryptic games and for some people, even that is debateable. I highly recommend you check out their other games' item malls and judge for yourself (Perfect World, Ether Saga, Jade Dynasty, Forsaken World, War of Immortals, etc). I highly doubt that a company is going to do something with all their games then suddenly turn around - for their most anticipated game at the moment - and suddenly not want the money people have already proven they will spend.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Originally posted by rojo6934

Originally posted by Valerosus

i see, well as long as its open world im fine. Instancing is ok to me if its dungeons, not the entire world outside the cities (ala vindictus, C9, dragon nest, and the already diseased Divine Souls)

It is open world and also classless,you can pick and choose what skills and weapons you want.

http://raiderz.perfectworld.com/about/faq

And as far as PW's cash shop,it has never bothered me and if you wanted to grind enough you could buy cash shop currency from other players with ingame currency.

• shadowkrasshadowkras Member UncommonPosts: 13

Is it the same chinese guy (no racism intended) voicing all of Perfect World Entertaining videos?

It does seem that way, all videos sound like the same guy with different machine voice modifications.

Originally posted by Asheram

Originally posted by rojo6934

It is open world and also classless,you can pick and choose what skills and weapons you want.

http://raiderz.perfectworld.com/about/faq

And as far as PW's cash shop,it has never bothered me and if you wanted to grind enough you could buy cash shop currency from other players with ingame currency.

thanks, i totally missed the faq on their website since im only used to read faqs on p2p games lol...

• ykyjohnykyjohn Member UncommonPosts: 1

i would like to make thing very clear, so ppl dont think wrong or talk nonsense. What is it the major things that makes a nice gameplay, some say when it feets the porpose, but which? another thing to consider is the fact that exists somethings that adds to the gameplay but its not what makes the gameplay. Gameplay is about what and how u do things, moreover is the interaction with the world around. Note: that all u can do must be so in a smart easy way.

for the style vindictus is the best one everdone till now.....i know ppl say, hey vind u play just with about 10ppl in a dungeon( what is the problem with that? the gameplay is awsome)

ok why raiderz loses for vindictus? cause it has just 3 points strong

and how it can win somehow? well that 3 points alone wont do it so.

lets see how ppl would like a game to play, to enjoy playing. Vindictus cover all about this, it haves physic, good looking  quality graphycs, the command u use to make character move and use some actions and skill are all simple, smart, intuitive once u have learned, interface intuitive.

raiderz, have a lot skills, but all using same old shortcut bar, man, come to think, that u can have 30 skills in the tip of ur fingers, yes exactly u dont need to move any fingertip further to press a different button plus the 6 buttons for basic controlls. Yes we can do that playing a simillar game but much less fancy...LUNIA, yea u can do that if u have a controller and know how to use the game-pad configurating-setup. Like b4 vindictus does some similars but its not made to play with controler, so it basically implements the skills in action combos or/and condditions.

now how to grab those great ideas and put together in raiderz, cos for sure that will make a very very big imrpovements, the power within will be more accessible making it more fun to spend hour playing, just cos its confortable to do so.

to add to that even more, make it more sense with bosses parts, make it more precise , or add some lockons on them showing its HP. Oh and for sure if do so make it as optional to the player, like, get part's HP's bar on/off.

the 3 best things is obvious, raiderz is  world wide Action-MMORPG. it has the break parts from bosses(so i figures it reconizes where the hits get).it has dungeons and open world.

ok, vindictus did a very very good job especially with the chacter name evie using staff, now it is the new generation mage for action-rpg games. so from now on, all should do about same.

for other chacters as well, as all r good too.

so, the raiderz need improvements, a lot of them, if raiderz have a good engine and a well structured program it will not be hard to make such large scale changes. But i promise it will make the game a mark of this generation.

I can do better, explain better, with more details what is what and why the decision is made so, but u know what im not payd for this. Im just sharing some points of view that, the developer always should have together with who sells it. Every body wins that way right?