Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: The Carnival of the Ascended

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Carnival of the Ascended has begun in Rift and in today's Chronicles of One Telaran, Caedryn the Dwarf gives us the cook's tour of all the activities and a few pithy thoughts about it all. Check it out!

So Caedryn's first port of call is a fortune teller. She's the first stall you come to as you enter the Carnival. I ask her to tell my fortune, but she speaks so quickly I don't have time to write it down. I ask her again but she seems a bit reluctant to repeat herself.

"Today you will stop shoving me or I will murder you in your sleep! The signs are hazy. Return later."

Read more of Paul Crilley's Chronicles of One Telaran: The Carnival of the Ascended.

Ever heard of customer satisfaction? It means you don't threaten to murder your clients.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

This game needs to cut the shit and just add Roller Coasters and cotton candy vendors.

Themiest themepark I've played.

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

This game needs to cut the shit and just add Roller Coasters and cotton candy vendors.

SWTOR actually deserves that title...

Rift is a pretty solid game, but the world is kind of small. It's otherwise no more a themepark than WoW is.

• kokotewakokotewa Member Posts: 16

I dunno a lot of people are enjoying the ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUSbDkC8rs8

• kantseemekantseeme Member Posts: 709

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

+1 and as far as alot of people enjoy it... millions of people enjoy goin to 6 flags every year but one whole day there and thats enough for a whole year. Cant wait to get back in that car and head home lol. Rift was good for a months worth of game play but that was enough. couldent wait to get in my car and head home.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Exactly.

But these developers think they can get our $15 a month later if they add a new roller coaster and that works on a lot of people.

Not on me, though.  But yeah, I had a good time in Rift for about a month and a half then it got too frustrating to see that there is no real care toward its own world.  Nothing really immersive in the place. 

Just... Itchy and Scratchy Land.

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295

Best MMO out right now. Love the game.

• carebear77carebear77 Member Posts: 86

rift has best pvp and best netcode of any mmo @ the moment. Especially if you stay in South africa

• Superduper69Superduper69 Member Posts: 363

EQ2 carnivals in updated graphics in Rift..that is the only difference. I prefer ones from EQ2 though.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006

Good game, but it doesn't offer anything new. It is worth 1 month.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.