Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's spelled R-O-G-U-E

PrebThorPrebThor Member UncommonPosts: 452

"After SEVEN years of World of Warcraft a staggering amount of players still don't know the difference between a rogue and rouge." Join the cause on Facebook: It's spelled R-O-G-U-E

Comments

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Thorsnes

"After SEVEN years of World of Warcraft a staggering amount of players still don't know the difference between a rogue and rouge." Join the cause on Facebook: It's spelled R-O-G-U-E

The red cheeks distract you whilst they pick your pockets
  • TROLL_HARDTROLL_HARD Member Posts: 312

I thought it was an intentional mispelling like "teh." Well, I turned a blind eye to it, hoping it was intentional.

• ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597

Originally posted by RefMinor

The red cheeks distract you whilst they pick your pockets

+1

• azrael466azrael466 Member Posts: 365

Aye, rouge rogues. They're in there stabbing their bare bear in the eye.

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played
    WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Originally posted by azrael466

Aye, rouge rogues. They're in there stabbing their bare bear in the eye.

They're gonna see what you did there.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

That reminds me... I need to make a trip to Baton Rogue, this weekend.

• TheodwulfTheodwulf Member UncommonPosts: 311

I just don't  understand the spelling/grammar neurosis. It's a small error nothing to get in a twist over. The funny thing about those folks is that  they have nothing of interest to say. All you can get out of them , is how they are so much smarter  and more polished than all those mere mortals who make errors in spelling and grammar. I guess everyone needs something to feel better about themselves. I wonder how they speak. Do they rehearse everything they say, so they don't mispronounce things? Makes me curious.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

I've got irrefutable evidence that it's rouge, not rogue: http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=rogue&word2=rouge

• maxiime223maxiime223 Member Posts: 94

THANK YOU.

I'm sick of people saying "rouge" everywhere.

Rouge is the french word for "Red". It's rogue. Thank you.

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

"Come, Sancho Panza, let us to Paris, where they apparently have a rogue windmill!"

- Don Quixote

• N1njaPwnStarN1njaPwnStar Member Posts: 83

Ha. you still play WoW. did u make a panda named sad yet? omgooses that would be so uber eleet .

have fun kiddo!

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

after this thread you should make a thread

After SEVEN years of WoW a staggering amount of warriors are still wearing cloth and intelligence items ,theres a difference be....

and then after blaa blaa ,AV players still not defending towers or even dont know why those exists.

and then ....

heehooo some things never change.

Let's internet

• UW1975UW1975 Member Posts: 183

Originally posted by Theodwulf

I just don't  understand the spelling/grammar neurosis. It's a small error nothing to get in a twist over. The funny thing about those folks is that  they have nothing of interest to say. All you can get out of them , is how they are so much smarter  and more polished than all those mere mortals who make errors in spelling and grammar. I guess everyone needs something to feel better about themselves. I wonder how they speak. Do they rehearse everything they say, so they don't mispronounce things? Makes me curious.

Two things:

1) This is a recurrent mistake, and it sounds awkward to those who speaks French (in French "rouge" means red)

2) Mispelling mistakes such this one or the infamous "it's" (verb it is) and "its" (possessive pronoun, as in "the game has its characters...) or where/were/we're make you sound like a fool and not really an intelligent person.

Grammar and spelling do matter in real life. For one, I will never take some one seriously if he keeps making outrageous spelling and grammar mistakes. 

Some mistakes can happen, mind you, nobody is perfect, but it is never a bad thing to involve people to right a wrong.

• FrostWyrmFrostWyrm Member Posts: 1,036

Why is being corrected such a big deal? People with delicate egos are typically the only ones that get bent out of shape over being corrected. If I, for one, am constantly misspelling the same word I would actually WANT someone to correct me so that I don't bad.

Literacy (at least in the US) is seriously on the decline, and part of the reason is that people get so butthurt over being corrected that they effectively refuse to learn.

Another common mistake I see people make is saying "should of" instead of "should have" or even "should've".

• ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527

Originally posted by FrostWyrm

Why is being corrected such a big deal? People with delicate egos are typically the only ones that get bent out of shape over being corrected. If I, for one, am constantly misspelling the same word I would actually WANT someone to correct me so that I don't bad.

Literacy (at least in the US) is seriously on the decline, and part of the reason is that people get so butthurt over being corrected that they effectively refuse to learn.

Another common mistake I see people make is saying "should of" instead of "should have" or even "should've".

Since you want to be corrected...

• maxiime223maxiime223 Member Posts: 94

Originally posted by UW1975

Two things:

1) This is a recurrent mistake, and it sounds awkward to those who speaks French (in French "rouge" means red)

2) Mispelling mistakes such this one or the infamous "it's" (verb it is) and "its" (possessive pronoun, as in "the game has its characters...) or where/were/we're make you sound like a fool and not really an intelligent person.

Grammar and spelling do matter in real life. For one, I will never take some one seriously if he keeps making outrageous spelling and grammar mistakes. 

Some mistakes can happen, mind you, nobody is perfect, but it is never a bad thing to involve people to right a wrong.

^ This.

English is my second language (french being my first), and I don't make such mistakes.

Seeing people with english as their first language who can't even write gets on my nerves.