Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online HACKED!

13»

Comments

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

Originally posted by stjudas

Mountain out of moles hill.  Not a big deal.  Your credit card company will change your card nmber for free I believe.  Will not even cost you aything.

Game has never been better.  Now is a great time to try!

Allow me to disagree and believe that it is a very big deal for a company i m paying money to, to compromize my personnal data and my credit cards number. 

Also if you arent here for advertising cause you spammed in less than 15 mins more than 5 threads with the "game is greater than ever. Try it now, no need to wait for Awakening" pattern which seems to be very popular nowdays care to elaborate and share with the rest what makes the game great and why people should bother playing a game full with bugs, non working and outdated UI, awfull AI, empty world, crashes, unexpected downtimes, more crashes, more bugs, unjustified banns, GM's interfering with players and taking sides etc etc?

• xevanonxevanon Member UncommonPosts: 76

Mountain out of moles hill.  Not a big deal.  Your credit card company will change your card nmber for free I believe.  Will not even cost you aything.

Wow it sound very contradictory for me, you got hacked but hey that's not a problem, your credit card will take care of this for you.

MO has never been better.  Now is a great time to try! 2000 subcribers left!

lol

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004

You can only log in from certain IPs / MAC combo as a GM even if you use a proxy and volume ID changer so I doubt it was a hacked GM account.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Originally posted by Rabidz

Originally posted by xevanon

Wow it sound very contradictory for me, you got hacked but hey that's not a problem, your credit card will take care of this for you.

MO has never been better.  Now is a great time to try! 2000 subcribers left!

lol

NO CREDIT CARD NUMBERS WERE COMPRIMISED - Sv cannot even see that data.

BUT if you are worried about that sort of thing have your bank change your number- No big deal.

SV are a competent and caring company. 2000 subs is great when there is NO MARKETING and SV has the good buisness sense not to market this game ustil the next expansion. As MO sits, its is vastly superior to every game I have ever played concerning fun factor. The options and things you can do are truly amazing. There still are a couple bugs to be worked out. There will be a ton more players by next year and MO will be around for a LONG time.

Haters and naysayers are just either butthurt, non hardcore (and thus cannot appreciate the game) or hate sandbox games...Perhaps they are from other sandbox MMO companies which want MO to fail? To "take down the King Of The Hill"? Hmmmm?

OMG! Just when I gave you some credit you post this?!?!?!

First, yes, no CC info was compromised and anyone who says otherwise does not have all the facts.

However, you follow it up with the same opinion as fact fans like to use. Even worse. you keep saying detractors are disgruntled former players/people who couldn't handle the hardcore" nature of the game/sandbox haters denying all the posts made by people explaining why this is not so.

But next comes the REAL gem: Yeah, all us "haters" are sleeper agent from all those other sanbox game developers who are secretly out to destroy the king of the (mole?)hill??? .................................

WOW, JUST WOW! TIN FOIL HAT MUCH! You mean the fols over at Xsyon/Wurm/Perpetuum/DF are afraid of MO and are out to get them!!! Yes, cause they are all fighting for the same 2k people??? Oh wait, you mean CCP is somehow afraid of MO???? 

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201

Originally posted by emperorwings

You can only log in from certain IPs / MAC combo as a GM even if you use a proxy and volume ID changer so I doubt it was a hacked GM account.

Do you know this for a fact?

• Bobbie203Bobbie203 Member Posts: 136

Mortal Online was not hacked, did you see that youtube awhile ago exposing Starvault? Some lead GM'S account was compromised by a friend of discord, and gaining access to a gm's account is different then some one unknown hacking into company database. Apparantly, starvault likes to share gm accounts with playerbase.

Starvault then covers it up by saying it was hacked.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Originally posted by Gwahlur

Originally posted by emperorwings

Do you know this for a fact?

If not, it would be very unprofessional of SV to have it otherwise.

Sorry for late reply.

But yeah, I shoulda said that's the way companies SHOULD do it not that's the way SV does it.

• wmada2kwmada2k Member UncommonPosts: 193

WoW hacked - oh noes!!! http://www.gamestooge.com/2010/01/24/world-of-warcraft-hacked/

Well, to det real, your credit card info is not comprimised since that is stored at Global Collect. Star Vault is not certified to hadle stuff like that nor are no other developers (Blizzard maybe? =)). So I wouldn't worry about that. And the damage control was pretty good I think, so nothing to cry about. A quick backup and were good to go again (and obviously stop the entrance for the future - account info handed out or not)!

So, to break it down - nothing new here, companies get hacked all the time, and no CC info got out! They did a good damage control so whats the point of this?

GG

Originally posted by wmada2k

WoW hacked - oh noes!!! http://www.gamestooge.com/2010/01/24/world-of-warcraft-hacked/

Funny, I guess you didn't even take your time to check what the article is about, but grabbed first result of the google. A direct hacking attack on the games servers or personal account (SVs case) is not same as sending out trojans through third party loophole in hope that it will end up in a games users PC (WoW case). I do challenge you to find any recent articles on a WoW GM or CEO getting hacked, resulting in games content being messed up.

• SasamiSasami Member Posts: 326

Have they actually repaired the dmg that happened? Has Discord been fired? This thread started fine but has ended up pointless arguing. It's hard to compare this screw up to anything else, well except when there was part of world missing.

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Originally posted by Sasami

Have they actually repaired the dmg that happened? Has Discord been fired? This thread started fine but has ended up pointless arguing. It's hard to compare this screw up to anything else, well except when there was part of world missing.

As far as I know, they have un-banned the wrongfully banned accounts, restored the deleted keeps and houses and have taken security measures to ensure that this does not happen again. Unfortunately I don't have any details on exactly what those measures are. From everything I've heard, the game itself was not actually hacked. Someone had access to Discord's login information and decided to use it against him and SV. This was most likely someone they thought they could trust. Clearly they were wrong.

Discord has not been fired as of yet. I also don't think he will be.

Originally posted by Anubisan

As far as I know, they have un-banned the wrongfully banned accounts, restored the deleted keeps and houses and have taken security measures to ensure that this does not happen again. 

Someone forward a note to SV that duckt taping usb ports aint 'serious measures' :P

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

Originally posted by Toferio

Originally posted by Anubisan

As far as I know, they have un-banned the wrongfully banned accounts, restored the deleted keeps and houses and have taken security measures to ensure that this does not happen again. 

Someone forward a note to SV that duckt taping usb ports aint 'serious measures' :P

You underestimate dukt tape.

• wmada2kwmada2k Member UncommonPosts: 193

Funny, I guess you didn't even take your time to check what the article is about, but grabbed first result of the google. A direct hacking attack on the games servers or personal account (SVs case) is not same as sending out trojans through third party loophole in hope that it will end up in a games users PC (WoW case). I do challenge you to find any recent articles on a WoW GM or CEO getting hacked, resulting in games content being messed up.

Yes, that was the first one I found. I did not mean that in specific, what I ment was that companies gets hacked on a daily basis so there is no difference with Star Vault. That would be why Google offers 20k $ for the one hacking Chrome (just to name one). So yeah, teh hackers is out there and they will succeed. If they can hack CIA, banks and governments, I guess they can hack Star Vault, and even Blizzard if they want to!

To answer your question, yes that was only one I found on google!

Btw, I get 136.000.000 hits at google when searching for: wow accounts hacked ;)

• ShabaleShabale Member UncommonPosts: 44

companies gets hacked on a daily basis so there is no difference with Star Vault. That would be why Google offers 20k $ for the one hacking Chrome (just to name one). So yeah, teh hackers is out there and they will succeed. If they can hack CIA, banks and governments, I guess they can hack Star Vault, and even Blizzard if they want to!

Companies does not get hacked on a daily basis, they are attacked, but an actual intrusion is a rare thing among any business that knows how to deal with their network. The only thing that get "hacked" is user account, and most of the time the problem lies within the player base, accepting keyloger or bluntly giving their conection infos to their online-friends.

If a GM account ever been hacked in any major title, it would be news worthy.

• EnergyoEnergyo Member UncommonPosts: 69

Yes, that was the first one I found. I did not mean that in specific, what I ment was that companies gets hacked on a daily basis so there is no difference with Star Vault. That would be why Google offers 20k $ for the one hacking Chrome (just to name one). So yeah, teh hackers is out there and they will succeed. If they can hack CIA, banks and governments, I guess they can hack Star Vault, and even Blizzard if they want to!

Btw, I get 136.000.000 hits at google when searching for: wow accounts hacked ;)

Just wanted to point out to you that stating the number of hits you got when doing a google search does nothing to support your argument. Just thought you should know :)

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

or more likely it's just a story SV invented so as not to lose face now that they have decided to un-ban accounts. 

"it wasn't us that baned you for exploiting, i swear. it was some random hacker. here is your account back, please keep subscribing."

....so pathetic.

this could happen. Who knows, tahts why i never discard probabilities. Although i dont play MO nor i intend to, it can happen with any game.

Again, there is a difference between "users" gettings hacked, as it is in WoWs case due to trojans and keyloggers and actual companies being hacked. Just to make the difference clear. AAA companies don't get hacked on daily basis, users do. I have to agree that it happens to other companies as well, such as Valve where hackers got access to personal information, however MO is the first case where they ruined ingame world as I can remember.

It does not make the matter better the fact that it been stated over and over that they gained access to the accounts in a legit way. Now, I don't take their word for granted for it, but it does raise an eyebrow. It is not entirely impossible that Discord shared account with someone he trusted.

Blizzard although their meh they lock the account so you have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get it restored. pain in the butt yeah and usually the damage has already been done sharded purples etc but it's better than starting all over again.

Happened to me when my 525 tailor / enchant which easily dumped 10000G into frostweave being the most expensive tailoring mat especially when you need so much of it was deleted and replaced with maxed herbing / mining which I decided to keep anyways since they make money and my full T3 99000G gone which who really cares about that these days except thats alot of G and what are they up to these days T15?

Anyways, off topic and totally irrelevant but companies should do that to any account including GMs. Miss making 40-80G off of buying lvl 84 blues off AH and sharing them into heavenly shards which easily go for 100G but hey still got 3 maxed professions + archeology which doesn't count and still have the means to make G.

Just plain old grinding leled 85 mobs can easily get you 200G an hour. Used to be good money in primals too.

Guess if somethings gong to get hacked it'll stilll get hacked no matter what but should have a lock account option including GM accounts which is better than pressing the off button and doing a rollback.

• SHOE788SHOE788 Member Posts: 700

Usually it's a good idea to have your evidence supporting your claim. Your original post claimed WoW got hacked, then it turned out that it wasn't WoW that got hacked, then you say that "The point was that companies get hacked all the time".

Can you be anymore illogical?

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

40 years jail and next  band of brothers will think twice before they do something like that. I hate this bastards, they attack  normal people because they are afraid of big sharks like microsoft 

Originally posted by palulalula

40 years jail and next  band of brothers will think twice before they do something like that. I hate this bastards, they attack  normal people because they are afraid of big sharks like microsoft 

What does Microsoft has to do with the discussion? It wasnt Microsoft who screwed AQ based on false reasons (if we are to believe rumours they are behind the incident). Blame instead SVs unprofessional GMs who started the whole incindent in the first place.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

Focus Group

Arena Champion

Infractions: 0/1 (1)

Let’s not fast forward a few weeks.

There were mainly two reasons why I left AQ.

Obviously, the first one being me getting demoted. I used hours upon hours talking to Theia and Discord about an official apology from SV, which AQ did get in the end. However, I did one mistake while chatting with them and that was to ask a hypothetical question; I asked ‘what if AQ recorded our meeting’ that AQ and SV held regarding the events that happened on that Sunday. Why wouldn’t you post the whole story?

That along with long chats with Gankez where I was pissed at him (and AQ) for protecting certain individual, he also got pissed about me and thus had a ‘perfect’ reason to call for a demotion. He talked you into agreeing with him (you will obviously deny that now), and labeled me untrustworthy, and it was better for AQ that I was left in a position that I had “no influence what so ever, ever again.”

Oh yeah, another argument was that I went out of my way to boycott the sale of a keep to BH… I have those logs, too. Obviously, BHIV was playing you for a fool.

The screenshot is about me apologizing to Gankez and a few others that I pissed of through PMs (with Gankez) and the chat I had with Theia/Discord. Nothing more, I find it pathetic of you to post that screenshot.

Yes, I was pissed, and I’m disappointed that you opted to backstab me just to save face. Bitter? No. Emo… I guess kids spending 18½ hours in front of a PC everyday call it emo because they don’t have any real life experience regarding that, I call it shouting and arguing.

The second reason, which is allot more severe; You failed to deal with the very people that caused allot of shit to AQ, SV and all your fellow gamers playing MO. You protect those guys and look to them as heroes, and even joke about it in your TS, knowing what they did. And I’m not talking about the crashing shit that we all in TS agreeing (yes, we all did agree on it, also me, out of frustration towards the GM team), but what happened after with a certain breach… And before we start talking about who's lieing to whom and about what, I’ll stop.

--

I loved AQ (read loved, but after all the shit I’m getting from you and others in PMs, it is fast becoming past sentence!), so I was really confused in regards of what I really wanted. Anyways, I and Achilles talked about quitting AQ after what happened on that Sunday and starting afresh. Achilles told me he got offered to join Envy, after they helped us getting rid of Godly from old CAOS keepspot. I told him that I would find it hard to leave a few friends I still had left in AQ, but in the end I still left. I applied and got in. Opkan created Chin and also wanted me to join him, leaving AQ, because of all the shit going on recently. But you’re right, in the end, only I ended up leaving, but do not accuse me of trying to make members leave AQ! Instead, get your facts sorted! We’ll see how long Opkan and Achilles stay in AQ. I hope they do, but if not… I’m sure most any guild would accept them!

The only issue I’ve got with you, Gigamo is that you backstabbed me.

I left some parts out since I don't think they will benefit either of us. But GG, my old friend!

Your afterlife is determined by your life before death.

Afterlife pretty much sums up what happened back then without naming the one who was responsible for this, but still points a finger to a certain direction. Thread is closed ofc.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/74192-battle-sin-keep-report-5.html

His post is #193 in last page.