Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Dungeon Overlord: Expansion Announced

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,658MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Dungeon Overlord fans will rejoice in the news that an expansion is incoming. Called "The Succubus Stories", the expansion is friendly to both new and veteran players. The latter group will have new challenges added in the form of repeatable PvP endgame content.

Nightowl Games has also announced that a new iOS and Android app will be shown off to interested parties during PAX East 2012. The app will give players a chance to manage several Dungeon Overlord features from within the application.

Find out more about Dungeon Overlord.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• VhalnVhaln Chicago, ILPosts: 3,159Member

i've actually been playing this game a bit.  tried it when i read somewhere that it was more like a real game, but turns out, just seems to be about aquiring resources to build more resources to aquire better resources.  the only combat just comes down to having the resources to have enough minions, which just feel like another resource.  and it all adds up so very slowly, unless you pay for cash shop stuff.  it's pretty lame.

given the limitations, being a facebook game and all, i understand they can't do a lot, but, it would be so much better if the combat were at least a little more strategic.  could be a turn-based tower defense type deal, using the dungeon to set lots of traps and place minions in effective positions, or something like that.  then it might feel like a real game.

the pieces are there, but they're just not tied together in a way that's at all compelling, once you realize none of it goes anywhere.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• PainlezzPainlezz Laguna Hills, CAPosts: 620Member Uncommon

I agree this game is bad.  Just another time management style Facebook farmville clone.  Nothing about this was enjoyable and the waiting around for stuff to happen or resources to build up is just lame.