Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Launching in Japan on March 28th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

CCP Games has officially announced that EVE Online will launch in Japan on March 28th. The launch is marked by the partnership agreement between CCP and Nexon. The Japanese release will be fully localized for customers.

"For years we’ve looked forward to the day when we could bring a fully Japanese EVE experience to our loyal and enthusiastic audience in Japan," said Hilmar Pétursson, CEO, CCP. "Thanks to our partnership with Nexon, that day is about to arrive. Nexon’s solid reputation and enormous reach in the region makes them the ideal partner for our Japanese launch."

Read the full announcement on the CCP Games site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TheCorrectedTheCorrected Member Posts: 6

What...I don't think the Japanese will be into the boring, slow paced nature of EVE Online.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

Originally posted by TheCorrected

What...I don't think the Japanese will be into the boring, slow paced nature of EVE Online.

Slow paced? depends on what your doing.. Boring? nope. you forgot to ut imo at the end of that. 127450459

Owe and you also just presumed the thoughts of approx..

127,450.459 people in japan.

Great I hope they enjoy it as much as I do.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Konichi Wa Nippon
  • ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

yep. time to go back. The Russian invasion was great... though the language barrier was some what confusing - Had one try to insult me and actually say he wanted to suck my ...., think he was trying for the reverse. Not bashing the russians - they brought a barbarian horde kind of feel into the game. Hopefully the Japanese will shake things up also.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Now we will have a problems. Suicide ganks on daily basis

• xr00t3dxxr00t3dx Member Posts: 275

I think it's going to find a fair number of players there. I hope it does well.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

i dont understand why they need to open another server just for Japan, isn't the selling point of EvE is the Globally 1 server? where all players in the world can meet?

it would be boring even if they managed to catch hundereds of thousands of players, but they are all like Japanese

So What Now?

• SlaverHoundSlaverHound Member Posts: 109

Originally posted by TheCorrected

It's a good thing CCP is bringing out DUST this summer then isn't it and on Sony's playstation no less.

"Lectroids? Planet 10? Nuclear extortion? A girl named "John"?

• CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by TweFoju

i dont understand why they need to open another server just for Japan, isn't the selling point of EvE is the Globally 1 server? where all players in the world can meet?

it would be boring even if they managed to catch hundereds of thousands of players, but they are all like Japanese

They will be on the single server, its just that the client will be in Japanese so the Jap MMO players who can't speak English can play as well.

• museandalimuseandali Member UncommonPosts: 67

Originally posted by TweFoju

Reading Comprehension is your friend.  Look more closely at the article, they're going to be on their own server,but the client itself is going to be in Japanese language.   Since 95% of what makes EvE EvE are other players however, there will be a significant language barrier.

Normally, I'd do a list of sample phrases here, but I've been watching Monty Python's "naughty phrasebook" sketch and don't want to earn mself another temp ban

• SmendleSmendle Member Posts: 3

Reading comprehension IS your friend.  Qutoed directly from the Article:

"Japanese players will now be able to access EVE Online in their native language, playing alongside hundreds of thousands of fellow gamers from around the world who share the single-shard EVE Online universe hosted on CCP’s Tranquility server"

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Originally posted by coxyroxy

127,450.459 people in japan.

Guess the amputee/disability crowd needs games too.

At any rate, yay for language localizations. I don't honestly expect them to get 'legions of new players' as they put it, but new players are nice to have.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

There were already Japanese players playing Eve of course.  When I was playing heavily, there was an all Japanese corp, used to run into all the time in the area I was living at.  They spoke broken English but all their bios were in Japanese :)  I guess it's cool they are getting a localized client, but tbh I don't see it bringin tons of players.  I know some Japanese players play on the Chinese server as well, not sure if they will switch over.

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

This could be interesting if they actually do bring in some players.

• drarakkusdrarakkus Member Posts: 97

is the game in the korean market?  thats the one you want...they love mmos.  ps welcome japanese ninja fighters.  Hope to use you to beat back the hordes of russians

• KravisKravis Member UncommonPosts: 186

Ninja Salvagers?

Hopefully enough play and start taking space!

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Not enough moe blobs and pantsu shots to be popular there. In japan only cuteness and sex sales. It's getting worse every year.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

I don't think it will be a hit. Ganking and griefing MMORPG does not sell well there. Grindy PvE games like FF XI does.

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

Ive run into quite a lot of JP PVP Guilds in my time in different games and they are usually very good so I think this could be nice if they will actually play. : P