Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Rift: Carnival of the Ascended Arrives

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,596MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

It's hard to believe that it's been a year since Rift launched itself on the world but it has. The team is ready to unleash the Carnival of the Ascended on all Rift players and are inviting former players to return for "A Full Week of Rift for Everyone" from March 8-14.

All players can take part in the fun of the Carnival of the Ascended with special minigames and fun activities during the live World Event that began on February 29th.

Subscribers will also be treated to four weeks of XP bonuses.

Read all about the Carnival of the Ascended on the Rift page.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• justincojustinco Denver, COPosts: 12Member

I gotta say this game is better then ever. I played at release for quite a while until I got fed up with the horrible PvP balance and quit (otherwise loved the game). Played SWtor (let down) and quit that, came back to Rift and glad I did. IMO Rift is one of the best, if not the best, MMO's out there running right now. If you have thought about coming back, now is the time, lots of fun to be had.

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Mississauga, ONPosts: 912Member

Played beta and 3 months at launch. Just recently came back last month and love it. Compared to other MMO's available out there right now, this is the winner hands down. Most fun I've had in an MMO in a long time. They really have improved it a lot in one year.

• korndog22korndog22 Tucson, AZPosts: 62Member

Yeah been liking Rift Alot. Sure its a Theme park. But , for me its the best themepark out atm.I also tried Starwars and found myself back at rift after the 1st month.

• PainlezzPainlezz Laguna Hills, CAPosts: 616Member Uncommon

What about rift is enjoyable?  I played at released, got max level and ran instances to farm token for gear... That is boring.

I quit.

I came back, leveled a fresh new character, to farm instances for tokens exactly the same...

I stuck around a bit longer with Ember Isles and even farmed a T2 planar attunement unlock (to get a buff that ends up being worse than an easy to get crafter buff...)

Long story short I just don't see the enjoyment in this game.  It has the same standard grind/farm as any MMO out and it isn't all that fun.  =(

I'm waiting for an MMO to come out that is like Starcraft, DOTA, or any other game that offers NO progress but people play just because they enjoy the GAME...  If they removed the grind, the progression, the "gain" from MMO's and just said here, play, no one would.... It's all about the grind... and the grind gets boring very quickly =(

• JimmydeanJimmydean Ypsilanti, MIPosts: 1,270Member

Originally posted by Painlezz

What about rift is enjoyable?  I played at released, got max level and ran instances to farm token for gear... That is boring.

I quit.

I came back, leveled a fresh new character, to farm instances for tokens exactly the same...

I stuck around a bit longer with Ember Isles and even farmed a T2 planar attunement unlock (to get a buff that ends up being worse than an easy to get crafter buff...)

Long story short I just don't see the enjoyment in this game.  It has the same standard grind/farm as any MMO out and it isn't all that fun.  =(

I'm waiting for an MMO to come out that is like Starcraft, DOTA, or any other game that offers NO progress but people play just because they enjoy the GAME...  If they removed the grind, the progression, the "gain" from MMO's and just said here, play, no one would.... It's all about the grind... and the grind gets boring very quickly =(

If only there were an MMO such as this. Except it probably wouldn't be an MMO at all. The problem isn't with MMOs, it's with people playing them that don't really want to.

• Master10KMaster10K LondonPosts: 3,065Member

Originally posted by Painlezz

[...]

So basically you hate the typical MMORPG theme park grind (grind to level cap, then grind gear), then I suggest you wait for Guild Wars 2. As for me I enjoyed my 4 months in Rift, but I just don't see myself going back to it, unless it's free (either free weekend or F2P). Especially don't see a point to this event, as all I've seen is a vid of people popping balloons.