Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what is the best sandbox MMO's these days.

hbktimf24hbktimf24 Member UncommonPosts: 131

Ive been thinking about getting back into mmo's. Havnt really played one since i quit eve a few years ago.  If you had to throw 5 sandbox MMO i should try let me know!

Comments

• Pest138Pest138 Member UncommonPosts: 114

Five that I would recommend???

I don't believe there are 5 true sandbox MMO's in existence, are there?

I suppose it depends on how you define a sandbox game.

I know, I am not any help:-/

Eve is still there!

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Use search there was a long thread a day or two ago
  • TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

www.dark-wind.com

www.xsyon.com

www.darkfall.com

www.starquestonline.net

www.fireflyuniverse.com (Not out yet. Accepting beta sign ups)

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• Bobbie203Bobbie203 Member Posts: 136

wait for arche age.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

One that came up in conversation a few days back is Uncharted Waters.  Not one I've played, but in looking at the description and screenshots it seems reasonably well made.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

Uncharted Waters Online is the best sandbox MMORPG these days.

If you want some other sandboxes to try, then try A Tale in the Desert or Puzzle Pirates.

I can't get to five sandboxes that I've liked, but there are some really good games like Guild Wars that aren't sandboxes.  :D

• CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by hbktimf24

Ive been thinking about getting back into mmo's. Havnt really played one since i quit eve a few years ago.  If you had to throw 5 sandbox MMO i should try let me know!

You still have stuff you don't want?

• LarsaLarsa Member Posts: 990

Originally posted by hbktimf24

In alphabetical order:

Eve

Haven & Hearth

Ryzom

Wurm

Xsyon

I maintain this List of Sandbox MMORPGs. Please post or send PM for corrections and suggestions.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    You forgot UWO and ryzom :(

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

Don't bother with Xsyon. It's a wasteland.

Big boom of players at launch and an almost complete exodus due to broken/ non-delivered mechanics.

I log in every now and then to check in on my tribe (largest in game prior to pop crash).  Ghost town.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

1.Forumboxing,people dont socialize in games anymore so they go to forums and say they dont want to socialize in games anymore.

2.most likely those which were best back then,or if you are lucky and live near Korea then theres storm rising.

Let's internet

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

"best" is very relative.

i would say Wurm has the most sandbox features.....but good god, the graphics are horrendous.

DF is very fun for the hardcore pvp enthusiast.....but the stat/skill grind is endless.

MO is uinique and definately a pvp centered game....but the bugs are atrocious, and so is the company that makes it.

EvE by far the best space ship mmo, and the most complete and recomendable sandbox game.....but the combat is boring, and that's the most upbeat part of it.

....so yea, pick your poison.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Give Perpetuum a run out if you liked EvE, it's basically EvE with robots on a planet and WASD movement, free trial

MO is buggy but unique, free trial

Uncharted Waters -free to play