Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

DOTA2: RTSGuru | On Racism, Rationale & Resolution in DOTA 2 Pt. 3

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,619MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

In the final edition of this editorial series, RTSGuru.com editors take a look at some of the possible solutions to the issues in DOTA2. Swing by to check it out and leave your comments.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• narakuunarakuu stockholmPosts: 348Member

"we have the people who believe that bullying is unacceptable regardless of the medium"

Yes, kids flaming on the internet towards others is bullying.

Jesus Lord.

Yes the kids on the internet are saying racist things amongst other focused type of insults, how about instead of reacting like kids towards the kids (unless thats what you want to do) you simply use the ignore command/button and act like a grown up.

Im tired of people wanting to remove freedoms for the sake of their feelings being hurt, I dont like the fact that sometimes I get flamed or have to listen to others calling others bad stuff but I would still fight for their right to have the freedom of saying it.

If you really think these kids on the internet REALLY are racist then maybe you should focus on finding ways to make sure governments educate their populace on such matters rather then trying to censor what they want to say.

Internet is one of the few places left where people can say what they want and react how they want to instead of acting in the way that we have to because its "acceptable"... or are you one of those people who think that the politicians are telling you how they really feel about things and talk normally the way they talk to you?

So the next time you feel "offended" in a moba game, or any other type of game, react however you want (this does not mean going off on a killing spree IRL, for anyone stupid enough to think this) whether it be by flaming back, ignoring, muting etc.

I'm not even sure if I'm on topic anymore... just been hearing soo much about DOTA, LOL, HoN racism and flaming lately that its fucking mind boggling to me that people are actually taking these kids seriously, granted theres adults in the mix there also but they are the vast minority and if you dont understand that, then you also dont understand that just because someone is making a racist remark in a game doesnt mean that person is a racist.

• smartntart3smartntart3 Jersey city, NJPosts: 3Member
    Yea you are right...
  • narakuunarakuu stockholmPosts: 348Member

Originally posted by smartntart3

Yea you are right...

I wonder sometimes smartntart3... I wonder sometimes...

• QSatuQSatu WarsawPosts: 1,735Member Uncommon

Who wants to bet Riot will suddently finish making new map for LoL the day Dota2 is released? Moba genre need some good competition =p