Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Elin Race Detailed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The TERA NA site has been updated with new information about the Elin race. The page now includes a video and several new screenshots and is the compliment to last week's reveal of the Castanics.

The elins have one driving goal: if it’s not good for nature, stop it. Older and wiser than they appear, they join with forces of nature and mortal races to sweep their enemies from the battlefield. Their speech is often dark, forthright, and otherworldly, and their sense of humor can border on vicious. Other races find the elins' manner and behavior off-putting.

Check out all of the Elin information on the TERA NA site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• kiiixkiiix Member Posts: 93

Hahah the Elins look so awesome

That one in a million Anime loving,Workout crazy, Gamer.
    KiX0@Steam/Raptr

• DurrayDurray Member UncommonPosts: 182

Looking forward to launch day for this game!

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

This game gets pedobear seal of approval.

• mudd4evermudd4ever Member Posts: 158

I think the Elin are adorable, but I'd never consider playing one because the vocal minority ruined them for me.

inb4 inevitable reason to go /sigh.  Oh wait, looks like I'm too late.

pie.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Originally posted by kishe

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

Chris Hansen's "To Catch a Gamer".

Starts April 19th.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

Awesome. I'd tap, errr, ummm, I mean I'd roll that. Ya, roll. That's what I meant. image

/slowly steps away

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• FrostWyrmFrostWyrm Member Posts: 1,036

Originally posted by mudd4ever

I think the Elin are adorable, but I'd never consider playing one because the vocal minority ruined them for me.

Dont worry. Everyone making jokes about sexualization of Elin are just trying to cover up the fact that they had sexual thoughts about Elin. If it were untrue they wouldn't have even brought it up.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Originally posted by FrostWyrm

Originally posted by mudd4ever

Dont worry. Everyone making jokes about sexualization of Elin are just trying to cover up the fact that they had sexual thoughts about Elin. If it were untrue they wouldn't have even brought it up.

I believe the psychological term for that is projection. People tend to assume that others would do what they themselves would do.

All die, so die well.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795

Are there only female elin?

• narakuunarakuu Member Posts: 348

The people who want more censorship and believe thats the right way to go rather then free thought and education to understand right and wrong:

-Oh this looks like a fun game, wait what this elin race, wow... thats kinda sexy... but wait they look very young, oh god, what am I thinking?! I demand you remove this! I demand you censor it! Or else I might accidentally get a boner while playing it around friends and family.

I'll be honest, even I find it hard that whoever the asian minds behind the lore that spawned the elin race wasnt motivated slightly by... hmm... personal libido?

I dont feel however that means we shouldnt be able to tell stories or not be able to be creative in ways like this, where there is a race within a fantasy world that simply looks very cute and girly.

I guess I wish we could just be less censored and close-minded about all things in general. I wish we all would simply analyze and think about things more, instead of simply reacting to whatever our initial or secondary emotions end up being.

And even when our conclusion after careful thinking is that we still dislike it... we dont go out of our way to ruin the thing for others who doesnt find problems with it.

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180

Originally posted by tom_gore

Originally posted by kishe

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Most silly, creepiest race ever, more so than Kung Fu Panda.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Really? And I thought Bob the sponge was the creepiest animated character in existence.

No, I was wrong. Here goes horror : http://youtu.be/9yJ12CooOO8