Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just Another P2W Cash Shop Game

RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451

Our guild was very excited about Wakfu's launch today, only to find out at the very last minute the devs flat out lied and added a cash shop with non-cosmetic gear.  And that is *on top* of the required subscription, so this is a sub + cash shop game.  If you personally like or don't mind that, then the game is up so feel free to check it out.   For everyone else who is against pay-to-win and/or double dipping sub+cash shop, stay away.

Comments

• Arachneus1Arachneus1 Member UncommonPosts: 248

Currently it looks like there are only 4 weapons and a ring that give stats per level attained.  Now this is hardly evidence that these are better than in-game items or if they are just cosmetic until one plays the game to figure this out.

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

Personally I never want to play a game with a sub fee AND a cash shop. I already paid for a box, pay a subscription, I deserve access to the game. ALL OF IT.

• Dark_HUmarDark_HUmar Member UncommonPosts: 200

Really ? If you are that poor that you can't afford a weapon that cost around a euro/or 1.5 dollar you should instandly quit playing games. There sub is less then 5 euro's a month and there cash shop items are so cheap you can barly call it pay to win.

P.S beside that you don't buy this game its only sub

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

From what I've heard the items aren't even close to the stuff you can get in game. It's more of gear to help you level. Other than that, there is no pay to win stuff in the shop. Theres a lot of cosmetic stuff though, but honestly, it doesn't affect anything.

• CollaborCollabor Member UncommonPosts: 37

ya i heard it's all cosmetic. i was discouraged at first too, but the few items in the shop are to help you level i think. supposedly you can craft stuff that is way more powerful. Rollie, will you guys still be playing? 

• RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451

Just to take a moment to clear up the *massive* amounts of mis-information in this thread already, so as not to confuse any people looking for accurate into to base a choice on.

@Raserei - Dofus, the prequel to Wakfu has been around for almost a decade (and is still running fine now) and it does not have a p2w cash shop, only a sub and purely cosmetic cash shop.  There is no reason Wakfu should be different, and in fact, the dev's and community team *explicitly* said that it would *not* be different.  Then lied. 

@Arach, Panther, Colla - At the moment the items for sale in the cash shop are the *most powerful* known to exist in the game.  They are significantly better (once leveled) than the level 90 set pieces discovered in closed and open beta.  Is it possible that there are better items now in the game?  Yes, of course.  It is also possible that there are not, and that the cash shop is "the best of the best".  No one knows which of these is the case and anyone saying it is one or the other is simply making up information right now.   Again, the only fact we have right now is that the cash shop items are the best we have seen in the game so far.

@Dark_HUmar - In yet another huge fail on Wakfu's part, the cash shop and cash shop currency is completely different depending on which region of the world you purchase it from.  And this is *not* an exchange rate issue, they simply have completely different pricing structures.   That said, the weapons cost ~$8 each for North American players who purchase from the North American store with North American money.   But the cost isn't the point, whether they are $2 or $2000.  The point is, its a pay to win cash shop with a subscription game.

I'm not trying to tell anyone not to play Wakfu, I am just letting people know that they changed their income model at the last second (and lied about it).  If this does not bother you, that's fine.  To each their own.

• CollaborCollabor Member UncommonPosts: 37

oh wow. didn't realize. that's good to know. i'm still going to try it out and hopefully we'll learn more on the issue into the first week of the game. PM me if you guys are still gonna play. Once i can get onto the server i'll let you know my ingame name

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Originally posted by Dark_HUmar

Really ? If you are that poor that you can't afford a weapon that cost around a euro/or 1.5 dollar you should instandly quit playing games. There sub is less then 5 euro's a month and there cash shop items are so cheap you can barly call it pay to win.

Wow! never thought I'de see someone say something like this in these forums.....its been a while since I've seen such a horrible comment around here.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

You fail to mention one month subscription is only $5.

The game looks interesting to give it a try

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• FailtrainFailtrain Member Posts: 129

What a pathetic response.

I honestly don't even know how to start a decent response without my post getting out of hand so I'm not going to address how completely stupid your post is (besides this) and why I think it's stupid. No, instead I'm just going to tell you that you're missing the point the OP is trying to make, completely.

The price of the items does not matter. It's more morals and the fact that the OP may have been lied to. Double dipping is annoying as it is and even more annoying would be seeing people running around with "Sword of Baddassery" even though all they did was spend money to get it.

Now I know what you're thinking... How do I know what you're thinking? Because your post was stupid, so it's not hard. "Just buy it then."  you say. But no, that's exactly what they want you to do and causes even more grief for people (the OP) who was under the impression this wouldn't be the case.

Also, i don't mind decent cash shops, such as the original guild wars, but I'm all against double dipping. Why can't we just pay for a full game anymore?

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

I don't care if a game sells you an item for a Penny, its still crossing the line if it gives you a benefit you can't obtain in game. I know f2p games need that extra income and having some items to give 'advantages' can be excusable in some cases. When your chargng a subscription AND using a cash shop with advantages, stuff is just horribly wrong. I am fine with cash shop for a sub game for cosmetic features at times (though only if it has a low sub fee/features are minimal/game uses point system for length subscribed) but giving any advantage while making someone pay is just scummy.

That is right, scummy. It just goes to show how inhumane gaming companies are as they suffer the same exact greed other industries are pushing out. Sure you need a profit but theres a difference between profit and sheer greed. As a game enthusiast and one who very much looks forward to one day working upon a great game of the future, I find it a complete disgrace. 

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Purutzil

I don't care if a game sells you an item for a Penny, its still crossing the line if it gives you a benefit you can't obtain in game. I know f2p games need that extra income and having some items to give 'advantages' can be excusable in some cases. When your chargng a subscription AND using a cash shop with advantages, stuff is just horribly wrong. I am fine with cash shop for a sub game for cosmetic features at times (though only if it has a low sub fee/features are minimal/game uses point system for length subscribed) but giving any advantage while making someone pay is just scummy.

That is right, scummy. It just goes to show how inhumane gaming companies are as they suffer the same exact greed other industries are pushing out. Sure you need a profit but theres a difference between profit and sheer greed. As a game enthusiast and one who very much looks forward to one day working upon a great game of the future, I find it a complete disgrace. 

You need a better job.