Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: The Guardian Preview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During the recent beta weekend event, we spent some time with each of the Guild Wars 2 professions. Today we take a look at the Guardian and offer you some of our impressions. Check it out!

There are a lot of professions worth playing ArenaNet’s upcoming MMORPG, Guild Wars 2. This profession has interested me from the very first trailer ArenaNet showed us. When I started playing, the first thing I noticed was that this profession was one that would end up being a real team player, but would be able to hold its own.

Read more of David North's Guild Wars 2: The Guardian Preview.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• VindictusVindictus Member UncommonPosts: 49

The off-hand torch seems pretty interesting. Did you try that out? any idea what the impact of that is?

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Guardian will definitely be one of the first professions I try in GW2.

• SnikzSnikz Member UncommonPosts: 120

I really have to start getting used to the no trinity issue. Because im so used to that i really cant figure what class can do what

But the Guardian for me looks really cool

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Seeing the Guardian in action does make me wanna try one out. Especially with the Greatsword, Hammer & Mace weapon skills. Although I wonder how many people will try to pigeon-hold it into a Tank or Healer role. ^_^

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Think this will be my main class, and Thief will be my WvW class.  Really liking how this class is coming together the more I read and see.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

My main for the guild/team play will be Guardian for sure :)

Planning to flip between sword & board / greatsword.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Staff Guardian is going to be on par with my Mesmer on the classes I play most. Staff has such a nice combination of party support and damage, it's probably the best compromise for those played Paragons. Only you know...without the fail damage.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

STOP IT! STOP IT! All these articles are making me drool and I dont have enough mops to clean it up.

All the classes look great from what I am reading. I am not sure what will be my main come release. Whatever it may be, I dont think any class can disappoint.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

I agree alot classes are looking interesting i can immagine many will have difficulty witch class they wanne play as main.

Ranger-mesmer-necro-warrior-elemental-thief-guardian-engineer damn all are looking great what shall i choose damn damn:D

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Since the new trait tool came out I've been able to come up with what I think is a crazy spec for my future Guardian. We'll see how that pans out.

This is not a game.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by Zeroxin

Since the new trait tool came out I've been able to come up with what I think is a crazy spec for my future Guardian. We'll see how that pans out.

Link it!

I came up with... (which I really like!)

http://www.gw2tools.com/#t-g-fpkfa:baa.bcZ.Xda.Zaa.aaa

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757

Originally posted by BadSpock

Originally posted by Zeroxin

Link it!

I came up with... (which I really like!)

http://www.gw2tools.com/#t-g-fpkfa:baa.bcZ.Xda.Zaa.aaa

Support orientated 

http://www.gw2tools.com/#t-g-ffkpa:Waa.eaa.cea.cZb.aaa

Damage oriented

• ComfyChairComfyChair Member Posts: 758

Originally posted by Snikz

I really have to start getting used to the no trinity issue. Because im so used to that i really cant figure what class can do what

Every class can do anything in a battle (and can swap their roles on the fly), they just do it in different ways.

The Guardian is the most 'obvious' support class in that it has a lot of skills which restrict enemy movement and block attacks (which can also be used offensively, like trapping an enemy in an area which is then nuked with meteor shower).

• KizzattaKizzatta Member Posts: 59

In a dream I had lastnight a greater power told me Guild Wars 2 will be the beginning of a new era in gaming

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

i hope that the elementalist is next. too little impression and beta footage on this tried and true profession

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• BereKinBereKin Member Posts: 287

O man, I dont know where to start, every class so far looks amazing.

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

Originally posted by Kizzatta

In a dream I had lastnight a greater power told me Guild Wars 2 will be the beginning of a new era in gaming

My main problem with GW2 is that GW1, sorta sucked ass.  Their "new" take on classes sure seems a lot like Rift.

• heavyhebrewheavyhebrew Member Posts: 309

Old school D&D battle clerics!

Me likey!

TRUST THE COMPUTER! THE COMPUTER IS YOUR FRIEND!

Stay Alert! Trust No One! Keep Your Laser Handy!

Yellow Clearance Black Box Blues!

• AzmariaAzmaria Member Posts: 22

For those of you wanting an Elementalist preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiuNbqPWpEo

But the Guardian for me looks really cool

• TreekodarTreekodar Member Posts: 524
    So this is the tank I take it.

Eleanor Rigby.

• Lionheart23Lionheart23 Member Posts: 17

This is my favourite by now, with the 2h hammer he does that special knock back powerful smash! That made my choice all alone! :D

• ammoniteammonite Member Posts: 113

Originally posted by Treekodar

So this is the tank I take it.

Sure, you can go and tank. I'm going mezzie so can sit back and tell you how well your doing :)