Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Unchained: Crafting Changes Detailed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Age of Conan site has been updated with the February Monthly Update. As expected, this month's letter details the changes coming to the crafting system in Age of Conan.

The first thing to stress here is that this process hasn't been approached as tweaking or improving the existing system. This is a totally new system. When we sat down and looked at the system and how we could add depth and improve engagement, it became clear that it was better to start over. So rather than try and shoe-horn what we had into something a little more useable, we decided to bite the proverbial bullet and start over. This meant that we would not be restricted by the limitations of the original system, and that we were free to try to create something with a lot more freedom for you guys to experiment with.

Read the full crafting update on the Age of Conan: Unchained site. It's a BIG one!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Sounds like they're mostly for the better.

The old system just felt so pointless and horrible to me.  Worse yet, they took up a ridiculous amount of space, even after the last crafting overhaul cut alot of that in half.  Crafting is supposed to take up alot of your space, sure, but nothing as bad as it did.

I'll have to check it out when they go live with it.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

i didnt even bother with crafting in this game..suppose thats why i got 6xlvl 80 chars,had nothin else to do really,but i may do crafting now.jeeps and i just unsubbed,you sheisters funcom.

• angus858angus858 Member UncommonPosts: 381

I liked the surprise attacks that spawned while foraging.  Otherwise these sound like great changes.  I have been thinking of returning to AoC and I probably will once this goes live.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Originally posted by angus858

I liked the surprise attacks that spawned while foraging.

I liked the concept, but wasn't that big on the implementation.  If you spent a couple hours in a crafting zone just gathering, it was just silly.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

finally the crafting system that gets close to SWG, something I have looked for for years, hopefully its really successful and other companies copy this.  The critical effects are awesome, I might actually play just to craft on the side

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Holy crap this is actually a really interesting crafting system. When does this go live?

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

That sounds pretty darn good. :) The old crafting system really sucked but this sounds interesting.

• ProfGetzProfGetz Member UncommonPosts: 182

Actually, this sounds like a nice change. I did not like the crafting in AoC, but this might just work.

Every MMORPG is AWESOME, until it's released!
    I don't want a game so much as I want a WORLD!
    --
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Originally posted by Myrdynn

finally the crafting system that gets close to SWG, something I have looked for for years, hopefully its really successful and other companies copy this.  The critical effects are awesome, I might actually play just to craft on the side

Looks really nice to me.

If they would ever improve the UI and add tings like a great housing system I would faint. ;)