Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR vs WoW vs GW2, Rift or Tera, what mmorpg will you play?

I am playing SWTOR and i will play this game for years, i love this game.

Comments

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

I have had a long run with mmos and im curently playing swtor, however i know im going to go to gw2 when it comes out even if its for a month so i voted gw2. I played tera on korean open beta and on a p-server which have been out for over a year. I can tell you that i have 0 intention of playing that game ever again. I might recheck ff14 once it comes out for my ps3 which i havnt used in almost 6 months since i cancelled my netflix due to the fact that i watched every non asian decent movie anime and tv show it had. Anyway thats the first gw2 vote.

• ComfyChairComfyChair Member Posts: 758

I've actually played all of them :p Yes, including GW2 at a convention.

GW2 will be the one i stay with the longest, that's for sure. 

P.S. this should be moved to general discussion, not the ToR forum. It's entirely pointless otherwise.

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

Heh , SWTOR and GW2 won't come close to WoW , even with both combined.

Tera won't even come close to Rift.

For the part of playing any of your choices , none of them.

Currently playing EVE-Online since 2006 , and impatiently waitting for real games such as PlanetSide 2 and End of Nations.

• Superduper69Superduper69 Member Posts: 363

Nice attempt to start a flame war. Lets see if it stays civil beyond page 1.

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

Provisionally, GW2. i say provisionally because it hasn't been played yet to make any judgements. But financially, if it retains the original pay to play business model, then definitely GW2, it will create the healthy player base that GW has enjoyed and I will have to make the best of what is on offer ingame.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

GW2 no question, totally sold since the first trailer, though also TERA, as despite its many shortcomings I find the combat far more satisfying than the other mmos on the list.

• shadow417shadow417 Member UncommonPosts: 170

I got swtor but i think i am going to keep it in the corner for gw2 and see how that game is going to be. i think i might play GW2 for a LONG LONG time if it is what i think it is.

it also feels like a mix within swtors story telling and Teras combat, we will see.

• ThemePorkThemePork Member Posts: 312

None of the above. I'll be playing Dominus and ArcheAge. Maybe TSW aswell as a filler if it has a smooth launch and positive player reviews.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i have WoW, Swtor, and Rift although im not subscribed to any of them. When GW2 launches it will be my main mmo of choice mainly because theres no economic commitment to play it. I will play TERA's first free month for sure then ill put it with the rest of them on a shelf. The same fate awaits TSW because im not fond of paying every month to play. When i feel like playing any of these mmos then i buy 1 month and thats it.

So yeah, GW2 it is. ;D

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

You forgot ArcheAge from the poll, i'll play that

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • ThemePorkThemePork Member Posts: 312

Originally posted by rojo6934

i have WoW, Swtor, and Rift although im not subscribed to any of them. When GW2 launches it will be my main mmo of choice mainly because theres no economic commitment to play it. I will play TERA's first free month for sure then ill put it with the rest of them on a shelf. The same fate awaits TSW because im not fond of paying every month to play. When i feel like playing any of these mmos then i buy 1 month and thats it.

So yeah, GW2 it is. ;D

This is a curious post. On the one hand you say you'll play GW2 because it has no sub, then you go on to say you'll buy TERA and TSW (60euros each) but only to play the free month.

Where's Spock when you need him??

• BrokenSpoonBrokenSpoon Member Posts: 205

SWTOR was fun for a month, but not my cup of tea.

WoW is now dead to me... dead!

Rift is a great alternative to WoW but was not enough to keep me entertained for more than 2 months, I level capped 2 chars and both fully raid geared - I play these games 2-3 hours a night and kind of progress was far toooo quick....

Tera- though quite alot of my Korean friends are still hooked but I will probably give it a miss due to the fact that I would rather play Guild Wars 2.

So in 2012 I am looking forward to playing Guild Wars 2 and watching Game of Thrones season 2. 

Enjoy Playing SWTOR, pleased people are enjoying it for Biowares sake :P

All hail the Barn Owl! oh.. and the RED SQUIRREL!!!

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

Poll missing TSW, ArchAge, and the option to choose more than one.

In other words, useless poll.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    TERA because its combat feels hefty (animations, inertia), unlike other games where combat seems slippery and like wet noodles. All this aside from the design, UE3.

Then I'm playing GW2 on the side for its PvE, no shoehorned trinity, and B2P model.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

GW2 but I might also play TERA, Class 4, WoDO and a bunch of other games at the side.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Originally posted by lucasdeis

Did you think by sneaking it in the SWTOR forums you could get skewed poll results in favor of SWTOR? Not on these forums lol. Also you missed TERA which by all accounts will be comming out MAY1st.

I'll be playing GW2 and TERA. Unless one or the other grab me so much that I just cant split my time between the two. One nice thing about GW2 with the no subscription fee is I will be able to justify a sub based game to....so long as I dont spend so much time on GW2 that I never log into the other one anyway. The only other problem I see is with TERA being a gear treadmill (which I do like just as much as the idea of not having it) it may require more time than I'm willing to put into it at first. Depending on how raids work depends on if I can bother to level slower and not feel left behind to badly.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

Originally posted by zevni78

GW2 no question, totally sold since the first trailer, though also TERA, as despite its many shortcomings I find the combat far more satisfying than the other mmos on the list.

That would be a mistake.

The GW2 trailer looks amazing, but the gameplay footage sucks - they looks like two completely different games.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Originally posted by Charas

Originally posted by rojo6934

So yeah, GW2 it is. ;D

This is a curious post. On the one hand you say you'll play GW2 because it has no sub, then you go on to say you'll buy TERA and TSW (60euros each) but only to play the free month.

Where's Spock when you need him??

Its not hard to understand what he is saying. What he is saying is he doesnt feel MMO's are worth a monthly commitment. So he buys the game and then just pays for a month here and there if he gets the itch to play it. And lets be honest, the way leveling is these days in MMO's the free month is all a person needs to hit endgame if they want to. But instead of paying to play endgame he is the type that will hit endgame and say "Ok next MMO please". Nothing really wrong with it.

Really? I found GW2's combat far more 'actiony' that TERA. The rooted animations kill TERA's combat and defeat the entire purpose of it. To each their own of course.

Originally posted by Mors.Magne

That would be a mistake.

The GW2 trailer looks amazing, but the gameplay footage sucks - they looks like two completely different games.

Go and watch BF3 as played by a retarded monkey.

Then go and watch BF3 as played by someone with a functioning brain.

That comparison is like the press playing GW2 and the trailers. Trust me, i played it like the trailers showed it can be ;) Most of the press tards didn't even know you could move while fighting, never mind dodge. However we only saw the starter areas and a toned down dungeon (difficult wise), so they were never too harshly punished for being so terrible.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by ComfyChair

That would be a mistake.

That comparison is like the press playing GW2 and the trailers. Trust me, i played it like the trailers showed it can be ;) Most of the press tards didn't even know you could move while fighting, never mind dodge. However we only saw the starter areas and a toned down dungeon (difficult wise), so they were never too harshly punished for being so terrible.

Agreed, but i am not so sure I would want my first day captured either. The retarded monkey phase in a game that is so different from the rest might be a few days. ;)

To be really good in a game takes a long time unless it is more or less exactly the same as another game you are a master on. Or unless you have an amazing talent for playing which it seems like few of the press people have.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Gw2, tsw, Archeage, planetside 2 and possibly dominus if they put in eu or east coast servers (not putting up with west coast pings)
  • zakiyawowzakiyawow Member UncommonPosts: 626

Originally posted by lucasdeis

3 of above 5.SWTOR, WoW, and GW2.

Plus EQ2, LOTRO, STO and maybe TSW.

Not a big PVPer myself so Rift and Tera did not grab my attention.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

Originally posted by ComfyChair

That would be a mistake.

On this website there are quite a few GW2 gameplay trailers.

The general consensus of opinion based on this footage is that GW2 sucks big time.

The person narrating the demos came across as a salesman.

I'm just saying, "be careful".