Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2012 ?

Is it just me or does a 2012 release seem unlikely? 

I mean going by the level of polish on the previous titles in the series,  I just find it hard to believe they are that far into developement judging by the date of the announcement and the lack of any sort of game content progress shown....

I dont think i've seen so much as a screenshot so far.

Being an old school PC gamer, this title is nastalgic for me and I would hate to see it rushed or inadequately designed.

Comments

• NimuelNimuel Member UncommonPosts: 163

I had the exact same reaction, also being a longtime fan of the series (since the original Mechwarrior with the Blazing Aces)  aswell as a fan of the Battletech universe in general, considering the quality of the products released in the franchise so far it simply seems unlikely that this would be a rushed product. 

i call BS on 2012 tbh...

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration - courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and, above all, love of the truth." - Henry Mencken

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg

"And what would you do with a brain if you had one?" - Wizard of Oz

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

theyre shooting for a lobby game with battle matches on static maps, we might get territory control on a galaxy map but its gonna be like mw3 mplayer on msn was, someones tracking who wins and controls planets, but we fight in the maps like LoL or WoT or wow style mmo battle grounds.

this doesnt really put me off as long as theres alot of maps (say 3-4 solaris arenas for deathmatches) (20+ maps for capture/defend/assault/whatever they come up with modes)

as far as the store for the f2p model goes it sounds like they are doing it sto style, skins/paint jobs/new looks for chasis everyone can get for free but not look as awesome.  no ammo like WoT since they say zero tacticle advantage in store, thank goodness.

at any rate, they developed alot of assets when it was going to be mechwarrior 5, now that theyve converted it to mechwarrior online they just have to have a pretty lobby backdrop and working mplayer maps for now, hopefully they start up a beta we can get into and see for ourselves soon enough.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

curious about this one.. hopefully it will have pve content too and not just pvp.

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • GremrodGremrod Member UncommonPosts: 207

Originally posted by jnichola

Is it just me or does a 2012 release seem unlikely? 

I mean going by the level of polish on the previous titles in the series,  I just find it hard to believe they are that far into developement judging by the date of the announcement and the lack of any sort of game content progress shown....

I dont think i've seen so much as a screenshot so far.

Being an old school PC gamer, this title is nastalgic for me and I would hate to see it rushed or inadequately designed.

http://mwomercs.com/news/2012/03/155-dev-blog-5-mech-warfare-part-i

I think they are further along then people think they are. Scroll down to HUD on the above linked blog entry. Notice the screenshot and it states it is from in-game. Of course it doesn't mean they have balancing etc. left to do.

Scareform for HUD, anyone?