Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bioware acknowledges Ilum was a mistake, starts to phase out planet completely.

Comments

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Bah, your all haters.  With a balanced server and your weekly in log Ilum is a blast, no mmo has a perfect server balance.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Originally posted by Mad+Dog

Well theres one thing I do know, any one whos loves PVP will be saying good by Swtor and hello GW2.

This might be one of the least informed posts on here.  You are saying people are going to quit SWTOR and sit around waiting for a few months for GW2?  Over a few minor PVP changes?  Yeah, right.  I will say this much, GW2 is going to have far more bugs and issues than any fanboy could ever anticipate.  Right now, that game is just a list of features, and nothing more. 

So, SWTOR from 2011 with fully working features in the game, or GW2 which comes after the halfway mark in 2012 and has untold bugs and issues?  Hmm...

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    If you like pvp you can..
    Go back eve
    Play tera
    Play tsw
    Hell even though its bad pvp, play wow, on a par with swtor but hey more players

Before gw2 launch
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Originally posted by Souldrainer

Well theres one thing I do know, any one whos loves PVP will be saying good by Swtor and hello GW2.

This might be one of the least informed posts on here.  You are saying people are going to quit SWTOR and sit around waiting for a few months for GW2?  Over a few minor PVP changes?  Yeah, right.  I will say this much, GW2 is going to have far more bugs and issues than any fanboy could ever anticipate.  Right now, that game is just a list of features, and nothing more. 

So, SWTOR from 2011 with fully working features in the game, or GW2 which comes after the halfway mark in 2012 and has untold bugs and issues?  Hmm...

Riight because all of the features in SWTOR were included and functioning and they didn't remove a SINGLE thing at launch that was in Beta, talk about least informed. You need to go back to the drawing board and learn a little history of what exactly fully working features means and you certainly need to spend some time watching any pvp video about GW2, you could learn quite a bit about how pvp really is done and done well.

• Zlayer77Zlayer77 Member Posts: 826

I have a better one. any one who dosent like, Battlegrounds, raids, themepark crafting, Forced companions, tunnel levling, watching cutsence instead of playing. And who loves the space part of the movies... Will never pick up the game i know I dident.. And Im not so much a hater then I am dissapointed how they could make a ground game with instance battle grounds.. Whit an IP like this and all the money.. OMG what a game it could have been..

This feels more like star wars for me then Biowars gound game....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGwEuBkBBso

• CrunkJuice2CrunkJuice2 Member Posts: 568

"Over a few minor PVP changes? "

i guess i missed some news,killing world pvp i wouldnt really consider a minor pvp change

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680

Id play GW2 if it wasnt f2p.  F2P will never have the revenue needed to continue to create content and patches that are essential for a new MMO to compete now days.  You realize for GW2 to be proftiable it needs to sell 4-5 mil units ?   People here claim omg its gonna sell 10 mil copies lol Id be suprised if it sells 2 mil before release.   I do hope the game is great though its had my interest for some time now.

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

So I guess all that beta footage was just a figment of our collective imaginations.Good to know. I'll make an appointment to see a psychiatrist by the morning.

A shame that won't make SW:TOR's patty cake style PvP anymore thrilling than vanilla ice cream.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I saw a post up here blaming hero engine (i can't quote back on my phone at work)

My guild is beating dominus which uses same engine, (me I'm beating a game that releases sooner but) from what I hear from friends dominus doesn't grind to a halt with like 50 players on screen.

But its always funny seeing bioware fanbois blaming hero and/or mythic, when the fault lies with EA RPG (new bioware)
  • Zlayer77Zlayer77 Member Posts: 826

Originally posted by William12

Id play GW2 if it wasnt f2p.  F2P will never have the revenue needed to continue to create content and patches that are essential for a new MMO to compete now days.  You realize for GW2 to be proftiable it needs to sell 4-5 mil units ?   People here claim omg its gonna sell 10 mil copies lol Id be suprised if it sells 2 mil before release.   I do hope the game is great though its had my interest for some time now.

I dont think that will be a problem right now.. I would be surprised if GW2 dident sell 1m-2m copys at release and even if the game isent as good as people think it will be I would say they will pick up another 1-3m...

And were have you been the last few years? P2P is really going out of style. Everything is either free to play or converting to free to play RMT bussinise moduals... Someone posted in the general section that they thought the P2P modual was going to be dead by the years 2014... I say it might take a few more years but we are heading in that direction for sure..

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

Wow... so you can cap with a dot on you now?  That's really stupid.  Almost as stupid as having speeders that go directly to each side in Civil War.  This is a TACTIC that SHOULD be used before you die to ensure it takes longer for the enemy to cap.  

Sorry, but BW doesn't have a clue. 

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

This is all conjecture.  How do you know the game will not be profitable?  I would argue that f2p games nowadays are more profitable, and GW2 will still have a box fee and of course the expansions will not be free.  But I am just basing that on nothing really, just observation of the trends.

• Jason2444Jason2444 Member Posts: 372

You know the first Guild Wars was a huge success right?

MMOs played: WoW, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Guild Wars, Planetside, Global Agenda, Star Trek Online, RIFT, Everquest 2, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, EvE online, APB
    Best MMO Companies: Trion Worlds, ArenaNet, CCP
    Worst MMO Companies: Electronic Arts

Originally posted by MMOarQQ

So I guess all that beta footage was just a figment of our collective imaginations.Good to know. I'll make an appointment to see a psychiatrist by the morning.

A shame that won't make SW:TOR's patty cake style PvP anymore thrilling than vanilla ice cream.

All I know is the GW2 footage I have seen before SWTOR came out impressed me MUCH more.  TOR's combat seemed clunky from the videos, and they are in the game.  I'm not sure if GW2's combat is clunky, that remains to be seen.  I can tell you this, though.  It doesn't look clunky at all in the videos.  In fact. the WvWvW footage I have seen looks like it runs WAAAAY smoother than Ilum. 

Originally posted by Chrisbox

Bah, your all haters.  With a balanced server and your weekly in log Ilum is a blast, no mmo has a perfect server balance.

Ilum is a blast?  Are you serious?  I mean hey, enjoy what you like.  All I know is zerging the enemy then taking a step back for 3 minutes to wait for valor to reset, then rinse and repeat, is not a blast for me. 

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by bleyzwun

All I know is the GW2 footage I have seen before SWTOR came out impressed me MUCH more.  TOR's combat seemed clunky from the videos, and they are in the game.  I'm not sure if GW2's combat is clunky, that remains to be seen.  I can tell you this, though.  It doesn't look clunky at all in the videos.  In fact. the WvWvW footage I have seen looks like it runs WAAAAY smoother than Ilum. 

Only thing from WvWvW that needs fixing is the particle effects, luckily it's being worked on. I hope they let you scale it down or up to youre preference if possible.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• Games888Games888 Member Posts: 243

Originally posted by ShakyMo

I saw a post up here blaming hero engine (i can't quote back on my phone at work)

My guild is beating dominus which uses same engine, (me I'm beating a game that releases sooner but) from what I hear from friends dominus doesn't grind to a halt with like 50 players on screen.

But its always funny seeing bioware fanbois blaming hero and/or mythic, when the fault lies with EA RPG (new bioware)

Dominus is using 12 yrs old daoc style graphics and fps is still terrible. 

Since when does video = actual game?  I think you have video games confused with movies.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

Since when does video = actual game?  I think you have video games confused with movies.

You're absolutely right.  However, everything I expected from SWTOR from seeing the videos was 100% true.  None of my friends believed me when I said the combat was clunky.  I told them the core of questing would be just like WoW.  I told them the graphics looked bland and unimpressive.  I told them I felt the story would probably be great but the rest would be mediocre. Guess what?  Half of them stopped playing the game.  The others log in once in a while.  The others are hardcore BW fans that won't accept the facts.  I gave the game the benefit of the doubt but everything I believed to be true from videos, ended up being true.  

I'm not fool enough to believe that GW2 will be perfect, or even that I will love the game as much as the videos.  I will say that all their features and video footage has left me more impressed than anything that has come out recently.  

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Hey guys, lets argue the topic, not attack or bait other users. Thanks!

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by MortisRex

This might be one of the least informed posts on hereYou are saying people are going to quit SWTOR and sit around waiting for a few months for GW2?  Over a few minor PVP changes?  Yeah, right.  I will say this much, GW2 is going to have far more bugs and issues than any fanboy could ever anticipate.  Right now, that game is just a list of features, and nothing more. 

LOL, irony thy name is Souldrainer.

Are you going to make an actual statement, or just point a finger and call it a day?

Must ask though by fully function features does that count pvp or not? A bit ironnic considering the thread but I'm only curious, I have no point I think lol.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• MortisRexMortisRex Member UncommonPosts: 350

This might be one of the least informed posts on hereYou are saying people are going to quit SWTOR and sit around waiting for a few months for GW2?  Over a few minor PVP changes?  Yeah, right.  I will say this much, GW2 is going to have far more bugs and issues than any fanboy could ever anticipate.  Right now, that game is just a list of features, and nothing more. 

Are you going to make an actual statement, or just point a finger and call it a day?

Sorry, thought you would be able to figure out what I was getting at by the highlighting. I'll put it real simple for you since you don't seem to understand. You imply you are in a position to judge who is informed, then you go on about unrealistic fanboys, then you claim SWTOR is "fully working". Bioware themselves refute your assertions. They admit the poorly implemented features like the auction house, poor grouping tools, a lack of guild tools, and the poor implementation of Ilum. I'm not sure how much simpler you need this to be put to understand.

(Double post for some reason.)

Sorry, thought you would be able to figure out what I was getting at by the highlighting. I'll put it real simple for you since you don't seem to understand. You imply you are in a position to judge who is informed, then you go on about unrealistic fanboys, then you claim SWTOR is "fully working". Bioware themselves refute your assertions. They admit the poorly implemented features like the auction house, poor grouping tools, a lack of guild tools, and the poor implementation of Ilum. I'm not sure how much simpler you need this to be put to understand.

I understood you fully.  I just wanted you to be more clear so I could more easily point out the flaws in what you said.  Your interpretation of my thought process is hilarious though.  Why not read what I said and interpret as written instead of adding your own interpretation though?

GW2 is not a game right now.  GW2 is a list of features with a launch date, and nothing more.  To put it another way,:

Number of fully working and launched features in SWTOR:  Hundreds.

Number of fully working and launched features in GW2:  ZERO.

So yeah, people who compare existing games with ones that are not out get zero credit from me, because it is just hype.  It's like showing up to someone else's wedding and telling them how awesome yours will be because you have all these plans, but no significant other to speak of.  Apples to apples.   Compare existing, launched, games to others that exist and have launched, or you can never be taken seriously.