Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Wednesday, August 31. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Heroes Of Newerth: 100th Hero Celebration Kicks Off

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe CitadelPosts: 21,209MMORPG.COM Staff Epic

Heroes of Newerth devs have let us know that the event celebrating the release of the 100th game hero has officially kicked off. There's a lot to get excited about in the event that celebrates the arrival of Kinesis in HoN.

Check out this prize list:

• $100,000+ Gold Coin Giveaway all week long!

• Throwback hero pool – gain access to all 24 classic heroes

• Double Silver Coin matchmaking event all week long

• S2 vs. The Community event Friday, March 2nd

• 75% off Gold Coin prices for all non-Early Access heroes

• Unlock Weekend – all non-Early Access heroes will be unlocked for your testing pleasure

Find out more of the details on the Heroes of Newerth site.

Comments

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo HindPosts: 662Member

Gonna play many many many games this week! double silver omg :OO

Edit: I will probably buy Kinesis, if he is fun to play.

• ZaltarkZaltark Lockhart, TXPosts: 429Member Uncommon

People still play this? DOTA2 comin out bro.

• BelegStrongbowBelegStrongbow Pasadena, MDPosts: 287Member Uncommon

Dota2 is a joke.  [Mod Edit] HoN is the real dota2

• Z3R01Z3R01 NYC, NYPosts: 2,426Member Uncommon

Since getting into Dota 2 beta HoN has yet to be launched even once on my pc.

Dota 2 is really going to shake up the scene a game like HoN that offers nothing new will die to a game like Dota 2 especially if it ends up being F2p... 

Playing:

Waiting on:

• cinoscinos LondonPosts: 963Member

Originally posted by Z3R01

Dota 2 is really going to shake up the scene a game like HoN that offers nothing new will die to a game like Dota 2 especially if it ends up being F2p... 

Sorry just had to point out the fallacy in your post. :p

Dota 2 is a carbon copy of Dota. How is it going to shake anything up when it also offers nothing new?

• Z3R01Z3R01 NYC, NYPosts: 2,426Member Uncommon

Originally posted by cinos

Originally posted by Z3R01

Sorry just had to point out the fallacy in your post. :p

Dota 2 is a carbon copy of Dota. How is it going to shake anything up when it also offers nothing new?

Better graphics its as simple as that.

Dota 2 looks amazing, HoN looks like a slightly updated version of the original mod.

People like shiney things.

Playing:

Waiting on:

• sazabisazabi VilniusPosts: 389Member

Originally posted by BelegStrongbow

Dota2 is a joke.  [Mod Edit]  HoN is the real dota2

so you are saying that dota2 should have a really bad camera angle, sped up gameplay and some questionably balanced heroes.

i guess not everyone can agree on that, im sure you can atleast understand that.

the only thing that Hon has over most competitive nature games is customizable UI.

thats it.

• TheHavokTheHavok San Jose, CAPosts: 2,405Member Uncommon

Grats to them.