Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Otherland: New Game Play Trailer Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Gamigo and the Otherland team has released a brand new game play trailer from the upcoming MMO based on the best selling book series by Tad Williams. The video shows off a lot of the game's environments and character models. Check it out and enjoy!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Superduper69Superduper69 Member Posts: 363

More people need to know and talk about this MMO. If you wanttsomething really different and amazing..this is it. And i give 5/5 for no use of CG but actual game footage.

• pl3dgepl3dge Member UncommonPosts: 183

Looking very cool

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

I'm not going to fall for the illusion of "large worlds" again.

I remember the videos of SWTOR's Coruscant. That place looked huge! However, much like most modern games, the illusion of a large world was nothing more than a painted backdrop.

There were several scenes in this video that reminded me of Coruscant. Take a look at the background and then take a look at the places you can obviously walk.

• kokotewakokotewa Member Posts: 16

Want to be able to travel to all parts of the map. The ability to jump up to second levels and fight and explore. If they introduce a thrid dimention to this game such as hight, oh man with dubstep and flashing lights, it will be the ultimate escape.

• drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273

wow, that looks like a game I could be interested in! Virtual reality theme with worlds to explore, wonder what the game play will be like and what the story is about......looks very beautiful so far!

• Pr0tag0ni5tPr0tag0ni5t Member UncommonPosts: 259

A very ambitious project...

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Looks great, but that isn't gameplay.  Sure, there are little flashes of gameplay, but you can't tell how the game plays, from split second clips interspersed with zone flythroughs.  It's just a nice attention grabbing trailer, but beyond grabbing my attention, I still have no idea if I should be looking forward to this, or if it'll just be more F2P shovelware that I'll be embarrassed to have ever thought it might be anything more.

This is starting to become a pet peeve of mine, I guess..

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

This game sounded intiguing when they announced it about 4 years ago. Then they went dark with info. Only in the last few weeks has info suddenly surfaced, such as it is. We know far too little to speculate about anything in this game really. A few flashy fly throughs does not  illustrate gameplay. It is still wait and see for Otherland.

• fenrisbluefenrisblue Member UncommonPosts: 138

they had me at WUB WUB WUB ,...but lets see if they can keep my atention

• Teh_AxiTeh_Axi Member UncommonPosts: 380

Disney + Bladerunner + Tron = ???

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

I don't know why...but this looks very interesting to me.

• GhabboGhabbo Member UncommonPosts: 263

Originally posted by mmoDAD

I remember the videos of SWTOR's Coruscant. That place looked huge! However, much like most modern games, the illusion of a large world was nothing more than a painted backdrop.

There were several scenes in this video that reminded me of Coruscant. Take a look at the background and then take a look at the places you can obviously walk.

This ten times.

I haven't played SWTOR, but this happend to me in other MMOs.

Game looks amazing though  image

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

The worlds in the books could vary in size so some would be huge and some would be small. I'm more concerned with how they are going to tie them all together. In the books a river connected them , but I have a feeling there will be a hub from where you go into each world.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Originally posted by Ghabbo

Originally posted by mmoDAD

This ten times.

I haven't played SWTOR, but this happend to me in other MMOs.

Game looks amazing though  image

Exactly, most of that amazing footage could just be like the backdrop on a fishtank.  Can't tell, without seeing some real gameplay.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

The books were amazing but insane, would be a monumental task to undertake as an mmo