Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Next Closed Beta Event in Late March

Comments

• fundayzfundayz Member Posts: 463

Originally posted by NBlitz

This blows chunks but what can you do about it? So we're looking at a Q3 release, is my guess. September, mark it down.

ArenaNet has said from the beginning that their beta tests were going to be pretty darn close to release,  unlike most MMOs that are in "beta" for up to a year.

If nothing goes wrong we are probably looking at an very late spring/early summer release, maybe mid-summer.

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Dang, I was hoping for open beta.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by oubers

Originally posted by ariboersma

testing load... thats very much like open beta.... *squeals with delight*

good example of people hearing what they want to hear i guess...lolz

and some people cant read... what didnt you understand about the much and the like?!?! 

• zakiyawowzakiyawow Member UncommonPosts: 626

Originally posted by nomss

Dang, I was hoping for open beta.

ANet had said it again and again. There will be beta events but no open beta.

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

Originally posted by fundayz

This blows chunks but what can you do about it? So we're looking at a Q3 release, is my guess. September, mark it down.

ArenaNet has said from the beginning that their beta tests were going to be pretty darn close to release,  unlike most MMOs that are in "beta" for up to a year.

If nothing goes wrong we are probably looking at an very late spring/early summer release, maybe mid-summer.

Nobody releases mid summer. If things go extremely well then maybe june / 1st few days of july else they'll probz carry it over to Q3.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by lilHeala

Nobody releases mid summer. If things go extremely well then maybe june / 1st few days of july else they'll probz carry it over to Q3.

I would bet on a May release IMO.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361

i still have hope...29 may?

“Please? Pretty please? Please pretty please with sugar on top?”

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 256

May release please :) Eh i can settle for June too but it would be nice wouldn't it. And yeah, don't forget my invite lol :)

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Originally posted by zakiyawow

Originally posted by Vorthanion

Load testing is usually closely followed by release.  Tick.....tock.....tick.....tock.

Allthough I'd love that to be true I think that's wishful thinking.

They also mentioned that the signups were for the end of March and following beta events ;) And regularly said they'd be opening up beta for an increasingly large crowd moving closer towards launch, the release date will be determined by the results.

Logic do not belongs in this forum. Please leave the logic at the door when you enter and make up stories as you go. :P

My comment wasn't logical?  Is it not the usual progression to go from stress testing directly to release where MMOs are concerned?  I've yet to see an MMO perform stress tests and not release shortly after, but whatever floats your boat.

• daniel!!!daniel!!! Member Posts: 400

Originally posted by zakiyawow

Load testing is usually closely followed by release.  Tick.....tock.....tick.....tock.

Allthough I'd love that to be true I think that's wishful thinking.

They also mentioned that the signups were for the end of March and following beta events ;) And regularly said they'd be opening up beta for an increasingly large crowd moving closer towards launch, the release date will be determined by the results.

Logic do not belongs in this forum. Please leave the logic at the door when you enter and make up stories as you go. :P

My comment wasn't logical?  Is it not the usual progression to go from stress testing directly to release where MMOs are concerned?  I've yet to see an MMO perform stress tests and not release shortly after, but whatever floats your boat.

i think it was meant by the fact you gave a logical opinion, and that logic dosnt belond on these forums, i think lol

• SoSuMeiSoSuMei Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by fivoroth

Originally posted by SoSuMei

don't think I can wait that long

You can always do this > /cut wrists = end of your misery ;D

I was thinking more of  alchohol induced time travelling

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

aww i was expecting soonish, as in this week :)

let us play with the press beta build for now (with its bugs and unoptimized state) and i will be a happy camper

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

Originally posted by Zylaxx

I would bet on a May release IMO.

May/June is certain...unless the beta go very bad ofc

find it really silly people thinking otherwise when they, almost, stated it....

• BlakkrskyrrBlakkrskyrr Member Posts: 230

outside in boxers rolling around in the snow...SNEEZING AND COUGHING HERE I COME!!! Tehehe, the boss will never know...

• BereKinBereKin Member Posts: 287

[quote][i]Originally posted by Suzie_Ford[/i] [b]With over a million folks signing up for the Guild Wars 2 closed beta, NCSoft and Arena.Net have announced that the next closed beta event will take place at the end of March. There is no word on when invites will go out but you may want to start catching that cold for the last week of March. [quote] [i]Guild Wars 2[/i]’s next closed beta test is scheduled for late-March and will provide players with an opportunity to experience its deep RPG game elements, epic World v.. World battles and inviting social gameplay while helping the team load test the servers.   [/quote] [/b][/quote]ž

Hope so.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

and some people cant read... what didnt you understand about the much and the like?!?! 

let's talk about reading......title says...CLOSED beta event... lolz.

• pratikrath86pratikrath86 Member Posts: 79

Originally posted by freston

i live in Spain. I think that makes my chances of getting elected really small. Read somewhere (i think in this same forum) that the open beta is going to be centered in usa servers, so european gamers, dont get your hopes up.

Hope im wrong , though.

i am not in EU or USA ... and i signed up ... wana know how i feel ? ! :S

• ImixZinzImixZinz Member CommonPosts: 553

let's talk about reading......title says...CLOSED beta event... lolz.

"Open" beta is becoming a lot looser in its definition as time progresses, i mean besides some F2P games i can't think of a "tripple A" MMO in recent history that has had a truely open beta where everyone was allowed to flood the gates. Having a million people trying to play on a handful of servers doesnt really fufill anything really. I think open beta is kind of evolving to mean more of Public beta then anything. Then again i guess we could just call it public beta :p

Either way, not really worth grasping at straws over.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

The Secret World, 19th of June. That's pretty damn close to midsummer.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

Hmmm guess I better put this on my Xmas list, Anet is messing with my head, Stop this nonsense now.  :P

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795

If they won't release it by the end of May-mid June i expect it to see after summer vacations. 1st September or something. As someone said earlieer.. no one releases mid summer =p

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Originally posted by TwilightEdge

If they won't release it by the end of May-mid June i expect it to see after summer vacations. 1st September or something. As someone said earlieer.. no one releases mid summer =p

If nobody releases mid summer...there will be no competition o.O

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795

Originally posted by Magnetia

Originally posted by TwilightEdge

If nobody releases mid summer...there will be no competition o.O

I belive most devs want to sell as much copies in 1st month as they can. And during summer most kids have holidays so there is less customers.

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

Fantastic! Thanks!

• KitkokutKitkokut Member Posts: 8

I wonder how much information will get out there at the end of March?