Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Love TERA

Nadya3Nadya3 Member Posts: 348

it has been a long time since i had so much fun playing a MMO.    with every beta i've played, i'm more convinced this is the mmo i 'll be playing for a very long time.

i don't care what anyone says, i have fun with it, i love the game, is all i care about. 

not even the biggest amount of doomsaying and trolling on the entire planet will make me change my mind.

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Originally posted by Nadya3

it has been a long time since i had so much fun playing a MMO.    with every beta i've played, i'm more convinced this is the mmo i 'll be playing for a very long time.

i don't care what anyone says, i have fun with it, i love the game, is all i care about. 

not even the biggest amount of doomsaying and trolling on the entire planet will make me change my mind.

Great to see you enjoyed the game. I know the game is not the revolution of mmos but when I play I have fun and enjoy my time in TERA and for that reason I will be buying the game. Its time we stop listening to all this negative mmo genre failing crap and just go back to what we use to do and thats just have fun. See you in game my friend.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

so did tera said "I love you" back too? if not I don't see it during that long :p

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

I'm just not feeling it, I mean how can you love a game that cant stand up to GW2?

It doesnt have all the features, its pretty much the same MMO wrapped in a new ....wrapper?

• Nadya3Nadya3 Member Posts: 348

Originally posted by Adalwulff

I'm just not feeling it, I mean how can you love a game that cant stand up to GW2?

It doesnt have all the features, its pretty much the same MMO wrapped in a new ....wrapper?

perhaps because not everyone is you? 

i dont get it what exactly people are expecting from a mmo, when they say is nothing but the same MMO wrapped in a new wrapper!   that can be said about every single MMO,  and yes GW2 included.     wow is even a copy of previous games, such EQ.    if you people want something radically new, wait untill the year 5000.   get real, it ain't gonna happen any sooner.

so yes while tera has many similar things such as the questing system, that we find in so many mmo.   it is a very fun mmo,  and has some gorgeous graphics, a great character creation.    it has way more potential as a mmo than Swtor to begin with, or any other mmo on the market.

don't listen to whatever anyone says on this forums,  and best advice i can give you is.  try the game yourself.

I dont like GW2 and believe it or not but there are more people that feel the same way I do.. I dont see anything with that game at all. I have watched many videos and have not seen one thing that looked good about the game. It just does not look like a real mmo to me. Looks more like some type of console coop adventure game. I am still watching the game but so far I am not impressed. Even if I did like Guild Wars 2 does that mean I cant like TERA too? Do you all understand that its people thinking like this thats hurting the genre ranther then the games them selves?

• Nadya3Nadya3 Member Posts: 348

Originally posted by Mannish

I dont like GW2 and believe it or not but there are more people that feel the same way I do.. I dont see anything with that game at all. I have watched many videos and have not seen one thing that looked good about the game. It just does not look like a real mmo to me. Looks more like some type of console coop adventure game. I am still watching the game but so far I am not impressed. Even if I did like Guild Wars 2 does that mean I cant like TERA too? Do you all understand that its people thinking like this thats hurting the genre ranther then the games them selves?

totally agree with you.

not to mention that GW2 can be played along side any other subscription based game.   

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Great to see you enjoyed the game. I know the game is not the revolution of mmos but when I play I have fun and enjoy my time in TERA and for that reason I will be buying the game. Its time we stop listening to all this negative mmo genre failing crap and just go back to what we use to do and thats just have fun. See you in game my friend.

I 'love' TERA as well, but am not gonna buy it. Reason not to buy it is that I'd love to play TERA as PvP based game, but when I'm on a PvP server and I have to TOGGLE PvP before I can even hit a player, then I pass. This feels way too PvE to me. Not to mention when you're hit by a PvP-toggled player you can't defend youself directly. Nooo, you gotta toggle PvP yourself first - WTF???

Aside from that PvP-toggle thing I think TERA is a good game ;)

• sleepr27sleepr27 Member UncommonPosts: 102

I'm confuse with the "it doesn't have all the features".

Originally posted by Reizla

I 'love' TERA as well, but am not gonna buy it. Reason not to buy it is that I'd love to play TERA as PvP based game, but when I'm on a PvP server and I have to TOGGLE PvP before I can even hit a player, then I pass. This feels way too PvE to me. Not to mention when you're hit by a PvP-toggled player you can't defend youself directly. Nooo, you gotta toggle PvP yourself first - WTF???

Aside from that PvP-toggle thing I think TERA is a good game ;)

I have not played the PVP server so I dont know how it works. Right now I am looking for adventure rather then pvp and so far thats what I am getting. I may take a look at the pvp server next beta though to see how it works. 

Originally posted by sleepr27

That one kinda got me too. If he was talking about ArcheAge I could see it but GW2?

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

That one kinda got me too. If he was talking about ArcheAge I could see it but GW2?

Neither one has the other one's "features". They're dramatically different games who's similarities pretty much lie in gorgeous graphics and varying degrees of active combat different from earlier MMOs. You can say GW2 doesn't have Tera's features I'm sure (but I have no idea what Tera has to offer besides the combat to be honest).

Oderint, dum metuant.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

I can see someone not liking GW2. There are a lot of great thigns about GW2 but some of it might not resonate with players.

I can say that Tera has its issues.

The questing is atrocious, I dont' think there is a clear focal point to the game as it seems that there is open world pvp but "why" and then on PvE servers you have some raids and Battlegrounds. Is that really going to hold people? I know there is some sort of mysterious political system but this doesn't seem to be a huge sellign point at the moment as it's not clear to anyone what this is.

Having said all that, this weekend was great. It felt like the old days with people grouping, talking in chat, people pvp'ing, questing, talking about the classes.

Tera has a lot of great stuff such as Art design, great graphics, great combat, and the classes feel fun.

If players can find a reason to stick around for more than a month then it could be great. I have to say, for once I actually felt total control during pvp. Which was a huge selling point. Felt very natural.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by Volkon

Neither one has the other one's "features". They're dramatically different games who's similarities pretty much lie in gorgeous graphics and varying degrees of active combat different from earlier MMOs. You can say GW2 doesn't have Tera's features I'm sure (but I have no idea what Tera has to offer besides the combat to be honest).

And i'm not sure what GW2 has beside DE XD

Yes both very different games so i dok why people want to compare them so much....

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Originally posted by rexzshadow

And i'm not sure what GW2 has beside DE XD

Yes both very different games so i dok why people want to compare them so much....

because they are both MMOs are will be competing for players.. Although yes obviously you could just play both since GW2 is B2P but a lot of us don't have the time ot really put that much time into 1 MMO let alone 2. For me what I feel what sets GW2 apart is the dynamic questing, the static quest givers and just going from point A hub to get a quest kill some things there return to hub and move on to next hub system has gotten stale for me over the years. Oh an not to mention the relam vs relam stuff looks like a ton of fun... IMHO Tera's biggest flaw is the questing it's just beyond pointless and dull its right up there with Lineage 2 for me. Either way I'm sure both games will have their share of people playing just my opinion but I think GW2 will be much bigger population wise than TERA here in the west...

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• mudd4evermudd4ever Member Posts: 158

I tried TERA for first time this past weekend and I had fun and enjoyed my few hours worth of eyegasm (can I say that here?) :3  Glad you really enjoy it OP.  It's about what each individual finds enjoyable, something trolls never seem to get.  I think it's going to be tough choice for me between this and TSW.  Both have their own appeal to me in different ways.

pie.

And I dont see what GW2 offers other then active quest which is nonthing new. They are just doing it in a different way.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

totally agree with you.

not to mention that GW2 can be played along side any other subscription based game.   

I third this, GW2 doesn't appeal to me at all, maybe it will surprise me because I will try it regardless.

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397

how can you say its not gonna stand up to a game that you havent actually played yet?

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Originally posted by plescure

how can you say its not gonna stand up to a game that you havent actually played yet?

Because that is the way of a GW2 fan.

• GodwalkerGodwalker Member Posts: 21

So did you like play Gw2 up to level 27?  Did you Play Tera up to level 27?  How can you compare when we can't even play Gw2 yet.