Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mass Effect 3 you are my only hope of breaking my chains to TOR!

Ever since the release of SWTOR, it has become the only game I've played for the past 2 1/2 months.

The Steam  Xmas / Post Xmas sales means I have a pile of games that I just do not play at all. The ever growing backlog. -.-

LA Noire, AssCreed, Kingdom of Amular, The Darkness2 all gathering digital dust.

As I look up for salvation, I see ME3.

If any game can pull me away from SWTOR it is another 'Made by Bioware' game that stars Jennifer Hale.

Yes, I am noticing a pattern here but to me 'Made by Bioware' = 'Here is my wallet, when can I get it?'

Anyone else looking forward to ME3 to break their chains? :)

Gdemami -
Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

Comments

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

i was looking forward to ME3 until i played the demo. i got this ominous feeling that the game is extremely dumbed down and cheesy, so i will wait until a few reviews are out. i invested about 250 hours into ME2, and i was hoping ME3 would hold me off after Skyrim until GW2, but i may just level another character in Skyrim.

cant say i feel the way you do about TOR, considering i quit 30 minutes into the beta.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Nope.

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Relying on EA the way you said reminds me of the joke where the two guys sitting on an iceburg talk about how bad it is, until one says, hey were saved, here comes the Titanic!

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

"saved by ME3" ?

Lol this game is 'by all sings' is gonna be kinda bad ,average at best + hideous Day1DLC.

I advise to not buy it - never.

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063

I'm not shackled by SWTOR. I quit playing over a week ago and don't miss the solo quest grinding one bit. It's too bad I couldn't play through the stories, but that's just how it goes sometimes. I refuse to wade through 240 hours of solo chores ("quests") for all of 10 hours of actual class story.

As for ME3, I still need to beat ME2. I bought ME2 when it released and got pretty far into it, but some MMORPG caught my attention and I prefer MMORPG's to any other games. Anyways, I never did go back to the game and it's been so long now and a new computer later that I'd have to reroll a new character and start over. No biggie, but I'm in no rush to play ME2 or ME3. I guess I'm getting burnt out with the same type of RPG's, but it is on my To Do list.

• RodgeVRodgeV Member UncommonPosts: 35

I won't buy the game myself and it's mainly due to three different reasons

1) EA

2) Dumbed down incredibly compared to MA 1

3) The running animation. Last time I checked they weren't frogs. MA 1 & MA 2 actually grasps the concept of running.

• DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476

Originally posted by sonoggi

i was looking forward to ME3 until i played the demo. i got this ominous feeling that the game is extremely dumbed down and cheesy, so i will wait until a few reviews are out. i invested about 250 hours into ME2, and i was hoping ME3 would hold me off after Skyrim until GW2, but i may just level another character in Skyrim.

cant say i feel the way you do about TOR, considering i quit 30 minutes into the beta.

250 hours?

Even with all the side quests you can finish the game in about 8-10 hours, some DLC's added maybe 1-1.5 hours of play time.

First time i've played it i've finished it in less than 7 hours with the bonus stuff you get from importing the saves from your ME1 char, that included most of the side quests and all of the "gathering" quests for upgrades, yeah i didnt unlock all weapons upgrades but heck who cares.

ME3 will be a decent game but how can you spend so much time doing the same thing over and over with the same result(same thing can be said for ToR/WoW too but atleast you get some progression in terms of gear and content), in ME the fights are exaclty the same, you unlock exactly the same gear and class deviations are there but quite limited.

The MP might be nice alltought i've played the horde mode they currently have and it was OK but nothing special, the FOV is too small and the char takes way too much screen space which makes meleeing kinda annoying. Some of the mobs are unballanced the 1 shotting assasins are annoying as frak, and the mechs will rip your group to shreds i no one has or is willing to waste the heavy weapon consumbales.

BTW the whole MP setup looks to me like a preloude to a ingame shop FPS MOBA set in the ME universe, they have all the elements set in place and i have a big feeling that EA is going to release somthing like that ala BF heroes in early 2013.

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718

Originally posted by jpnz

Ever since the release of SWTOR, it has become the only game I've played for the past 2 1/2 months.

The Steam  Xmas / Post Xmas sales means I have a pile of games that I just do not play at all. The ever growing backlog. -.-

LA Noire, AssCreed, Kingdom of Amular, The Darkness2 all gathering digital dust.

If any game can pull me away from SWTOR it is another 'Made by Bioware' game that stars Jennifer Hale.

Yes, I am noticing a pattern here but to me 'Made by Bioware' = 'Here is my wallet, when can I get it?'

How odd.

I'm in exactly the opposite situation.

Not only have I uninstalled thelimited, unimaginative mess of SWTOR from my hard drive but, because it was so poor, I canelled my order for ME3.

I hope you find it enjoybale but I'll be in Skyrim till something better comes along.

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460

Think I'll sit back a bit and see how good ME3 is going to be before buying into the hype. If TOR hasn't been a lesson for not buying hype then you need neutered IMO. 

Bioware thanks to EA is not what they use to be. Look at Dragon Age 2 and this big fiasco of TOR. I do hope ME3 is good, I liked the other 2 but I'm really worried that Bioware is just not what they use to be. 

I'm not supporting half developed rushed titles by big businesses that have zero regard for quality.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

Originally posted by DOGMA1138

Originally posted by sonoggi

250 hours?

Even with all the side quests you can finish the game in about 8-10 hours, some DLC's added maybe 1-1.5 hours of play time.

i really enjoyed the combat system, and the power combos you could do with different companions. i beat the game 9 times on insanity. yeah. anyway, huge fan of ME2. i just dont see myself enjoying ME3.

• TyvolusNextTyvolusNext Member Posts: 192

1)  for me there are no SWTOR chains to have broken -- I never bought the game, never played it -- never will.

2) the last bioware game for me was DA:O.    game was meh, and the DLC is a huge turnoff.  I will stick to Skyrim.

thanks tho, and I do hope you enjoy ME3 and all the DLC that EA/bioware will get you to waste your $$$ on.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

No

Has nothing to do with this game though. Never been a huge fan of the ME series.

Although I am honestly a bit storied out after playing SWTOR. Least what video games offer anyways.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Mass effect 3 is dumbed down just like dragon age 2.

This is what happens when you go into business with EA. EA now own all biowares IP's and we can all look forward to EA raping them for every last penny of worth for the next 10 years..and the suckers will keep on buying the games because it's bioware.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

<snip>

Like a hole in the head.  Like root canal surgery.  Like using an outhouse in January.  Like watching another Pokket review. Like ... well, you get the idea.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Originally posted by Unlight

Like a hole in the head.  Like root canal surgery.  Like using an outhouse in January.  Like watching another Pokket review. Like ... well, you get the idea.

Hahahaha

• tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363

Sadly enough SWTOR broke my chains to it by itself........