Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR F2P by end of March?

That's my guess anyway, though if wow ever goes F2P SWTOR would probably shut downs it's servers. Or maybe we have have a WOW + Swtor fusion. I think that would be best.

Comments

• DigitallyEndowedDigitallyEndowed Member Posts: 125

Why would it go free to play? It’s not like the game is doing badly, at least last time I checked that seemed to be the case.

Exaggeration/hyperbole on random gaming forums =/= reality.

Anyway, free to play is actually very, very good. Well, if implemented properly. So yeah, even if it did I wouldn’t complain at all.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Trolling for sure lol

• lilwinslilwins Member Posts: 114
    Obvious troll thread is obvious, and unsurprisingly horrendous. You kids that fall for these types of troll threads are dumb..
  • OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Originally posted by iamthekiller

That's my guess anyway, though if wow ever goes F2P SWTOR would probably shut downs it's servers. Or maybe we have have a WOW + Swtor fusion. I think that would be best.

I'm going to do the Biodrones a favor on this one... LoL.. No man, this game will not be F2P by the end of March..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• iamthekilleriamthekiller Member Posts: 93

I'm not trolling, if I was going to troll I would have just bashed the games. I didn't bash the games at all, I simply suggested that perhaps SWTOR would be going F2P by the end of March. And that perhaps EA and Activision could team up to make as much money as possible off the sinking ships before everyone abandons them. I heard first 100 pre-orders of ME3 get the full game. Everyone else has to pay an extra 20 dollars, cuz bioware said so.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

I'm not trolling, if I was going to troll I would have just bashed the games. I didn't bash the games at all, I simply suggested that perhaps SWTOR would be going F2P by the end of March. And that perhaps EA and Activision could team up to make as much money as possible off the sinking ships before everyone abandons them. I heard first 100 pre-orders of ME3 get the full game. Everyone else has to pay an extra 20 dollars, cuz bioware said so.

I think the fact that you are not trolling makes it even worse o.O

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Everyone assumes you are trolling because there is absolutely no chance of the game going F2P by the end of March. If you are not in fact trolling, it shows you are very out of touch with reality.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by lilwins

Obvious troll thread is obvious, and unsurprisingly horrendous. You kids that fall for these types of troll threads are dumb..

Pot kettle black? I simply reported it and moved on....wait....damn you lilwins you drew me in.

• quasi_deadquasi_dead Member Posts: 84

More subtlety needed OP.  Must try harder.

• DigitallyEndowedDigitallyEndowed Member Posts: 125

Right. The maturity level of your post represents that of a child; I don’t really think you are in a position to throw around “insults” like that.

Also you really shouldn’t take it upon yourself to judge someone else’s intellect when you obliviously portray yourself as a total hypocrite, and ironically insult yourself in the process.

Just saying.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Unless you have inside information that tor is losing thousands of players daily, if not there's absolutely no chance they will go f2p by March end.

With patch 1.2 coming that offer LFD and dual spec, it can retain more players, or even some may return because of low pop server they are in, which will offer them a chance to do group contents ...

RIP Orc Choppa

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620

Anyone who thinks that what is still by far the #2 most subscribed to MMO in the west is going free to play in a month is either an idiot or a troll and nobody can argue that.

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

Keep dreaming.

• zakiyawowzakiyawow Member UncommonPosts: 626

Originally posted by sirphobos

Anyone who thinks that what is still by far the #2 most subscribed to MMO in the west is going free to play in a month is either an idiot or a troll and nobody can argue that.

I am betting on both.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680

Whats more funny is he said wow is a sinking ship a game with 10 mil players lol.

I've said this before every game goes through this do you think wow had 10 mil players from day 1 ?  No it took years infact wows launch wasnt as good as swtor it took them months to turn it around.

• hotixhotix Member UncommonPosts: 130

Tera > Swtor

• fundayzfundayz Member Posts: 463

As entertaining as that would be, if WAR still hasn't gone full F2P there's not a chance in hell SWTOR is going to anytime soon.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Originally posted by jdnewell

I think the fact that you are not trolling makes it even worse o.O

You beat me to it!

/shakesfist

Originally posted by hotix

Tera > Swtor

I doubt tera even has 10% of swtor playerbase a month after its out.   The west is sick of asian games that are released here as a money grab.

Originally posted by sbarra1x

Right. The maturity level of your post represents that of a child; I don’t really think you are in a position to throw around “insults” like that.

Also you really shouldn’t take it upon yourself to judge someone else’s intellect when you obliviously portray yourself as a total hypocrite, and ironically insult yourself in the process.

Just saying.

...Says the person with the very mature avatar.

Now back on topic...Why would anyone even think that ToR is in trouble? I am seeing more new players each day that I log in. The factions are extremely unbalanced, but there is a very healthy population right now.

Originally posted by William12

Originally posted by hotix

Tera > Swtor

I doubt tera even has 10% of swtor playerbase a month after its out.   The west is sick of asian games that are released here as a money grab.

My thoughts exactly. Tera is no threat whatsoever to ToR IMHO.

Originally posted by bigsmiff

Originally posted by sbarra1x

Just saying.

...Says the person with the very mature avatar.

Now back on topic...Why would anyone even think that ToR is in trouble? I am seeing more new players each day that I log in. The factions are extremely unbalanced, but there is a very healthy population right now.

Because like every game you never retain 100% of players that pre order and people ignore that even with a 50% retention rate the game will have over 1 mil players.

• Flaming_MMOFlaming_MMO Member Posts: 137

The end of March of what year?  If 2013, I suppose there may be a very very slight chance, 2014, thats a ways off, could be, who knows? But probably not.  March of THIS year?  You have a much better chance of being struck dead by lightning this week or winning the powerball, or heaven forbid, deleting your MMORPG account and completely giving up MMO games.   (Meaningless wager time)

I bet you $500,000 american it does not go FTP by the end of March 2012.

• MuntzMuntz Member UncommonPosts: 332

Originally posted by Dukkha_Earl

I bet you $500,000 american it does not go FTP by the end of March 2012.

Mitt plays MMOs? 

This discussion has been closed.