Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Coming to America

El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

will we get to play this game before summer 13'?

I've got the straight edge.

Comments

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

/shakes magic 8-ball

No.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

negative. But then again, if they find someone to publish it in NA that could change rather swiftly.

Sort of.

In a way.

Mebbe.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Yeah sure... But it require you to learn to read Korean or Chinese.

In English, no. Q3 2013 is the earliest I see it release if they get a western publisher ASAP.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by Loke666

In English, no. Q3 2013 is the earliest I see it release if they get a western publisher ASAP.

I agree.  Hopefully we won't over hype ourselves in the wait!

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

Originally posted by Loke666

Well, I guess I better start learning Korean or Chinese!

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Oh please I been playing Stalker Online for a couple weeks now in Russian. I get by on the fact that every MMO has a quest to turn in rat tails...

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• Adhesive33Adhesive33 Member UncommonPosts: 227

Originally posted by TruthXHurts

Oh please I been playing Stalker Online for a couple weeks now in Russian. I get by on the fact that every MMO has a quest to turn in rat tails...

Not to derail, but how are you liking it?

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Originally posted by Adhesive33

Originally posted by TruthXHurts

Not to derail, but how are you liking it?

Fun, but in all honesty I am up to the point where i can't really progress due to the language barrier... Besides that I think it's the first FPS MMO Sandbox to do it right. 

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589

Not so soon, but I suppose it depends if they're already working on an other language locales for the game. However, most companies leave that up to the publishers, and so far ArcheAge doesn't have one yet for NA/EU.

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Well ,it all depends on how fast publisher will be 'found' , what kind of publisher will that be, and how ArcheAge will look like once released in Korea / China.

TERA (even though it is diffrent type of mmorpg) took so long not only cause transation took so much time. It was due to two reasons:

- quite big amount of westernization needed (more than AA will need imho).

- TERA at release in Korea was in quite sorry state. Afaik unfinished, lacking content, buggy, etc 

Publishers does not want to release game in that state on their market. So that contributed to awfully long time between KR and EU / NA planned release. 

-----------------------------------------

It is really just hard to tell.

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

ArcheAge will have a localized US server, and probably will have several of them.

I plan on coming back to this thread 3 years from now, bumping it quoting myself and type "I TOLD YOU SO!.. "in the reply.

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

Originally posted by username509

ArcheAge will have a localized US server, and probably will have several of them.

I plan on coming back to this thread 3 years from now, bumping it quoting myself and type "I TOLD YOU SO!.. "in the reply.

sounds good, except for the 3 Years part, why couldnt you have predicted 12months. 

I've got the straight edge.

• VortigonVortigon Member UncommonPosts: 723

It will come to Europe WAY before it heads to America.

Much bigger market for this type of gameplay than in USA, sandbox games always head to Europe before US just the way it is.

2 years for European version - 3 years for US version if history is anything to go by.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

I think this game will either be here by December of this year or spring of 2013, provided we survive the end of the world on the 21st of Dec, 2012.  :)   Jake Song has said repeatedly that ArcheAge is being made for the NA market.   It'll be here sooner rather than later.

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066

Originally posted by Teala

I think this game will either be here by December of this year or spring of 2013, provided we survive the end of the world on the 21st of Dec, 2012.  :)   Jake Song has said repeatedly that ArcheAge is being made for the NA market.   It'll be here sooner rather than later.

He said it would be released in all markets.Europe,NA Asia,he didn't just single out NA.Russia already has a publisher and i would bet that the game hit's europe before it does NA.

Just my opinion.

• asf131asf131 Member Posts: 7

i'm not good at english

this game is going to be realeased in korea in 2012 

In china it is going be realeased 2013

And in america it  is not been determined realising time

• VegettoVegetto Member Posts: 841

Eddie Murphy Says "heh-heh-heh..no" :)

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

As cool as this game is looking, I've started to see it as irrelevant at this point.  With no Western publisher yet, we are a long way away from playing this game.  I will likely be on to other things by the time we see it here.  Hopefully this will change, but I'm going to back off following it for now until there is solid word of a publisher.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Originally posted by Sylvarii

Originally posted by Teala

He said it would be released in all markets.Europe,NA Asia,he didn't just single out NA.Russia already has a publisher and i would bet that the game hit's europe before it does NA.

Just my opinion.

Yeah, he just said it was being made with the 'west' in mind, which is often Europe/North America in reference...So they should hopefully not have as long of a road to being published in the west....I think they are doing some of it in house already, but probably not the translation (wo could hope).

• XarnthalXarnthal Member Posts: 130

It doesn't take as long as some of you seem to think to port a game to English. A sandbox MMO specifically, though this is quest driven progression it may take a bit longer. To give you an idea, a game like Guild Wars 2 plans on implementing its full spanish translation within 6 months.

This game could easily sign a deal with a NA distributor and be released before the end of the year in North America. I personally see the game releasing in Korean(where it will probably flop due to being a sandbox) by the end of this year and being released in North America around this time next year. I also think that the game will release in North America and the EU around the same time frame. Sandbox players tend to be split almost 50/50 for games like Darkfall, Eve, and MO in their EU and US populations, so I see no reason for them to release in EU before NA as it does not make financial sense.

I do find it interesting that this game is a Korean developer targetting the sandbox community. Also interesting to note that Darkfall recently signed a deal with an Asian investor to release their sandbox f2p in Asia. I think it's a good direction for the sandbox community either way, as Korean developers definitely have more sandbox style game mechanics in their products than the western community themeparks.

Sennheiser
    Assist
    Thage

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622

From what has been shown ths game looks amazing for the sandbox crowd. The second coming of the sandbox messiah. But, like some have said 2013 is the earliest. I think a lot of developers are nervous of asian based mmos and its appeal in the west, coupled with the fact that it appeals to a niche crowd. Maybe not niche on this website, but you get the drift. One can only hope in the future we see it. In the meantime lets hope Vanguard goes FTP sooner rather than later.

• HeracliusHeraclius Member Posts: 71

People do need to realise this game is still in Closed Beta in Korea.

I see people saying here this game still has no NA/EU publisher, maybe they do already but don't want to make it public yet as the game is still in the closed testing phase. Who knows, maybe they already have a publisher?

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Originally posted by Heraclius

People do need to realise this game is still in Closed Beta in Korea.

I see people saying here this game still has no NA/EU publisher, maybe they do already but don't want to make it public yet as the game is still in the closed testing phase. Who knows, maybe they already have a publisher?

They have already announced Tencent in China, GigaMedia for Taiwan/Hong Kong/Macau, and that they are in negotiation with a Russian firm as yet unnamed. 

So no, it isn't too early to wonder about, but it IS too early to panic about a NA/EU publisher.