Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returning player having a blast

olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829

I recently came back to POTBS, as a free player. I had two paying accounts, and now have two free Premium accounts. I got to keep all my old ships!

As a Freetrader, I've found lots of hauling jobs (hooray for buy orders!), and have been able to make pretty good money everyday.  With 20 slots to build in, and my lvl 50 Indiamen to sail in, the game is a blast!

Once I get back into fighting shape, I'll start joining in some Port Battles and skirmishes. So far, having a blast just hauling away and dodging red zones.

------------
2024: 47 years on the Net.

Comments

• RupskulRupskul Member Posts: 71

This was the most fun PVP game I've played ... not sure why I liked it so much, but I did.  Maybe I'll give it a shot again too!

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

the more the merrier.  the brits (that's all i can speak for) seem to have a lot of new players getting started these days.

get into a society and you'll have a lot of fun.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• ProfGetzProfGetz Member UncommonPosts: 182

I forgot all about this game... I'm gonna pop back in and take a look!

Every MMORPG is AWESOME, until it's released!
    I don't want a game so much as I want a WORLD!
    --
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

• RupskulRupskul Member Posts: 71

I can't transfer my character, so I guess that means it's gone ... which stinks, because I'm not really too excited about grinding back up!

I do like the battles though.  A lot of fun.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

its a fun game

I do not play it anymore but I definitely recommend it

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• AvsRock21AvsRock21 Member UncommonPosts: 256

Agreed.  I recenty came back to this game, had played it a little bit in beta, and when it first went F2P.  Always liked it, but had other distractions.  I just hit level 50 on my Freetrader a couple of days ago, my first lvl 50 character in this game.  I'm having an absolute blast.  Endgame has that 'sandboxy' feeling as far as the RvR and Economy goes.  You can do whatever you want rlly.   

Yeah so I just came back with a new Brit Naval Officer. Game is still going strong and population seems decent. Really glad to see the game still going and development still happening. Worth a look if you are tired of the same old, same old.

--
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.

Little trailer I found for anyone interested.

http://youtu.be/bhc60feL8Nc

--
    o·pin·ion –noun

• SararielSarariel Member UncommonPosts: 301

Might join the US server instead of the EU one..Eu seems too quiet