It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
- Too many bugs everywhere. Just small ones you get used to, but still its annoying. Why never anyone fixed those things ?
- Variety of opponents. Why is there so little ? Why do so few opponents have ranged attacks ? Also I miss effects like reflect spell or fetch arrow.
Why mobs have stealth is also quite mysterious, you can spot them all easily. The only thing stealth actually does for mobs is training your awareness skill.
- Soulbound items. I dont even think it is the point of fantasy games to have an "economy". Even if you want one, there are better solutions, such as overenchanting, like in Lineage 2. Worse, too, are things like permanent item decay. Soulbound is OK for quest items or as an option, but forced soulbound is crappistic.
- Faction. What I would find great is if you would start off with a number of KoS cities, then would have to solve quests to gain special non-KoS-status with these cities. But you would still be disadvantaged there. As it is, the faction issue is solved quite idiotically. Nobody is KoS anywhere, but you get into KoS once you get your racial mount. After which long and boring mass murder of mobs to get rid of the KoS status follow.
- XP. Frankly there is much too much. For the extreme amount of content that is there, you level much too fast. This was already true when the game started, but ever since they made it worse.
- Crafting Tiers. Now this is truely stupid. Why does every tier get a completely new set of ingredients ? Why is copper completely worthless to a higher level character ?
At very least it should be possible to exchange things for each other. Say a rare can be traded for a stack of normal items, a ultra rare can be traded for 3 normal items, a stack of rare can be traded for an ultra rare, five stacks of normal can be traded for one rare, and you can trade 1 normal for 2 normal of lower tier, and 3 normal for 1 normal of higher tier. The way it is, people accumulate for example tons of Umber Timber (T5 rare) for no use at all.
In designing a new game, this is definitely something I would not include.
- Crafting, the flexibility of items one can create. That is frankly much too limited and really weird.
For example, attuning dusts. They start of nicely - one for each Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Vitality, Wisdom and Intelligence. Then with tier 3 the attuning powder are introduced - and suddenly you get Str with Dex, Dex with Con, Con with Dex, Vit with Con, Wis with Vit, and Int with Wis. One half of these combinations are meaningful (Str with Dex, Int with Wis, Wis with Vit), the other three are frankly completely superflous, and many important combinations are missing (Dex with Wis for ranged Ranger, Vit with Wis for Healers, Vit with Dex for Disciple, ...). On Tier 5 it only gets worse with the Attuning Crystals (Str + Dex + Vit, Dex + Con + Str, Con + Dex + Vit, Vit + Con + Str, Wis + Vit + Con, Int + Wis + Vit). What you want would look more like: Con + Dex + Str for tanks, Str + Dex + Con for melee dps, Dex + Wis + Vit for ranged rangers, Vit + Wis + Con for healer, Int + Wis + Con for most mages.
Or dust of hexing. Why not make one dust of healing and one dust of damage ? Instead they had only one, and it is all over the place. Light Armor only can give spell damage focus, medium and heavy armor only healing focus. And thats when it still works nicely. Cloaks, Rings, Earrings and Amulets can only give BOTH Healing and Spell Damage Focus at the same time, with is the crappiest crappiness of crap, for there is really no class that wants to have both.
Resonating Dusts. There are much too many crappy ones one never needs.
Focusing Dusts. The only really interesting focusing dusts are: Pain (Weapon and Armor General Critical), Power (Weapon Damage Rating), Regeneration (Weapon Energy Regen), Restoration (Weapon Endurance Regen), and Countering (Armor Counterspell). Quite frankly focusing dusts below Tier 5 could get removed from the game.
The only meaningful focusing dusts available on Tier 3 are Restoration and Regeneration, and those are ONLY available from solving Crafter questlines. And they are NOT available on Tier 4.
All in all crafted items are often very inferior to what you get through quests. They would need a rebalance now that there is so much stuff you can quest easily.
- Lack of meaningful PvP. Obviously. Now to make Vanguard a game with good PvP, so many things would have to change that I would just summarize: hopeless, let it be. Rather create a completely new game from scratch.
- Lack of players. And devs. Obviously.