Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What can i accept if i going back?

gotcha89gotcha89 Member UncommonPosts: 34

Hello mmo players,

Right now i'm downloading the client of Mortal Online. I'm searching for a great sandbox game. I tried darkfall online already but the world of darkfall seems so dead. Maybe i'm wrong but that is just how i feel. 

I already played the beta of mortal online but yeah what a bugs, what a bugs. So what can i accept now if i'm start playing? How is the world? How are the features? how are the people?

When i first start playing Mortal Online it was a hard way to find out what to do. how to craft? how to cathingering etc? Is it now easier to understand how the game needs to be played?

As you can see a lot of questions so maybe you guys can help me out. I'm really sorry for my bad english, so i hope you guys can understand.

Gotcha

Comments

• realnasterealnaste Member Posts: 98

Firstly You can expect a lot of bugs. You will get stuck and will be forced to wait for a GM to respond to your call for help, mobs will do impossible things, like going through walls,  engaging turbo boost too hit you from behind in a split second, or just plainly going invisible(but still dealing damage).

You will also be killed, or griefed by many and in many ways.

You will fight a clunky GUI trying to figure out what's what, and how to do even the most basic of things.

From time to time You will be annoyed at the prediction if you pvp.

That and many more are the problems of MO.

Now. MO is far from a finished and polished product, but it does have a forum. If you want advice from people that actually know anything about the game, go there and ask.

This place is just full of trolls that usually bash the game basing on their experience from the beta or shortly after and irrelevant BS like the CEOs past.

Cheers

Disclaimer- I play MO and with all it's problems consider it the only fantasy mmorpg game on the market remotely worth paying for. I know I posted a lot that could be interpreted as proof that MO is not worth trying, but because those issues are now on a level far from gamebreaking, I do believe the complete opposite.

This game (with all it's shortcommings) offers a diversified experience like no other modern game of this genre making it the closest thing to a polished fantasy sandbox you'll get.

PS. yay...i can't believe I actually made an account on this forum... :/

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Originally posted by realnaste

Disclaimer- I play MO and with all it's problems consider it the only fantasy mmorpg game on the market remotely worth paying for. 

You are stating that like it's a fact :P

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

So you are going to MO because Darkfall seems dead? I assume you mean underpopulated?

There was a post on these forums with someone celebrating MO reaching 2k ( two thousand ) subs. If that does not tell you everything you need to know about MO then nothing anyone says will.

Originally posted by Toferio

Disclaimer- I play MO and with all it's problems consider it the only fantasy mmorpg game on the market remotely worth paying for. 

Opinion...

Unless you are talking about me playing MO, which is, in fact, a fact.

As for the population- MOs world is much smaller than DF, so, if youre not in an area that has nothing to make people play there, you actually can have an impression of a healthier population. This is in no way a means to decide which game has more people playing it, but rather about the population density in game. And only the later is really important for a players experience.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

It is not easier to start the game at all.  There is still no tutorial really.  Just use the official forums religously and there is a help chat that may be useful, as there are gm helpers in there quite a bit.  Beyond that, a lot of it is just trial and error, especially crafting.  I found a lot of info from guides or just asking people in game.  Most people will answer any questions you have in town as well.  The population is actually pretty good, there are always people around in the cities.

Personally I would also start out in Meduli, when you make a new character.  I found there are less greifers around than near Fab and the pop is nice, easy to obtain resources nearby.  Lots of saburra for making cuprum.  Just watch out for pickpockets, they are a dime a dozen there.  I guess Tox is ok too, I just prefer the coast and desert.  I find butchering is the easiest way to make money early on for books.  Start in Meduli, make a butcher, kill pigs outsite town butcher them and sell the stuff, easy money early on.  Expect a crap ton of bugs though, some pretty damn annoying.  The server still gets restarted every day pretty much, but it's not down long usually.  Eh it's just one of those love or hate it games.  Good luck.

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

Originally posted by gotcha89

Hello mmo players,

Right now i'm downloading the client of Mortal Online. I'm searching for a great sandbox game. I tried darkfall online already but the world of darkfall seems so dead. Maybe i'm wrong but that is just how i feel. 

I already played the beta of mortal online but yeah what a bugs, what a bugs. So what can i accept now if i'm start playing? How is the world? How are the features? how are the people?

When i first start playing Mortal Online it was a hard way to find out what to do. how to craft? how to cathingering etc? Is it now easier to understand how the game needs to be played?

As you can see a lot of questions so maybe you guys can help me out. I'm really sorry for my bad english, so i hope you guys can understand.

Gotcha

i tried MO trial, i couldn't stay logged in more than few hours, the game is buggy as hell and graphics are horrible(of course thats my personal opinion and i dont want to offend ppl that enjoy it)

I really believe that Darkfall is ways better in gameplay, graphics and of course more stable than MO.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Firstly You can expect a lot of bugs. You will get stuck and will be forced to wait for a GM to respond to your call for help, mobs will do impossible things, like going through walls,  engaging turbo boost too hit you from behind in a split second, or just plainly going invisible(but still dealing damage).

You will fight a clunky GUI trying to figure out what's what, and how to do even the most basic of things.

Now. MO is far from a finished and polished product, but it does have a forum. If you want advice from people that actually know anything about the game, go there and ask.

This place is just full of trolls that usually bash the game basing on their experience from the beta or shortly after and irrelevant BS like the CEOs past.

Cheers

Disclaimer- I play MO and with all it's problems consider it the only fantasy mmorpg game on the market remotely worth paying for. I know I posted a lot that could be interpreted as proof that MO is not worth trying, but because those issues are now on a level far from gamebreaking, I do believe the complete opposite.

This game (with all it's shortcommings) offers a diversified experience like no other modern game of this genre making it the closest thing to a polished fantasy sandbox you'll get.

Riddle me this batman...  What is far from polished but also polished? 

P.S. I'm so glad that you came to this forum and gave us the benefit of your superior intellect. 

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

the closest thing 

And you are very much welcome honey.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Cheers

Well, I have to grant you this, your assessment about MO is about as honest a one that I've seen from a new poster to these forums. (most are wide-eyed, overly optimistic fanboi shilling attempts that aren't nearly as forthright as you have been)

Regarding your last comment, it does seem that most MO fans save their PVP for their game and don't show much stomach for 'pro' forum PVP here on MMORPG.com.image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Bobbie203Bobbie203 Member Posts: 136

except he contradicted himself. by saying not polished then polished sandbox as previous poster pointed out.

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

alot of OPEN nothing..expect it

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Originally posted by Bobbie203

except he contradicted himself. by saying not polished then polished sandbox as previous poster pointed out.

Bobby, reading comprehension.  He said the CLOSEST thing to a polished MMO sandbox.........  In other words its not polished.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    If everything is dull, and something is slightly less dull, then it is both not polished and the closest thing to polished, simple logic 101.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by snapfusion

Originally posted by Bobbie203

Bobby, reading comprehension.  He said the CLOSEST thing to a polished MMO sandbox.........  In other words its not polished.

Agreed, far too often posters on these forums seemed determined to not understand what a person is trying to say when you know they darn well do.  They just derail the conversation by pointing out some sort of conversation, gramattical, mistake instead of replying to the topic.

Frustrating.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• gotcha89gotcha89 Member UncommonPosts: 34

Well thank you all. I will start a trial soon and we will see how far i go with it

Originally posted by Toferio

Opinion...

Unless you are talking about me playing MO, which is, in fact, a fact.

Sorry, read that "consider" as "considered", my bad.

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

Mortal online has improved dramatically since beta.  Sync issues have been ironed out.  Little annoying bugs have been fixed.  The population now is higher than it was a year ago.  

You can always try the free trial if your not sure.  

[mod edit]  Mortal is really the best sandbox out there.  

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• BetelBetel Member Posts: 365

Originally posted by username509

Mortal online has improved dramatically since beta.

In what ways, specifically?

Sync issues have been ironed out.  

Then why is it still top of the players "fix this now" list?

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/72569-will-prediction-navmesh-fixed-awakening.html

Little annoying bugs have been fixed.  

Such as? There are bugs from beta in there, and severe (as in player or server crashing) bugs that have been around for months.

The population now is higher than it was a year ago.  

Completely untrue and you know it. SV's financial results and even the absurd metric the supporters of MO use (transaction numbers) all show a low population that is only getting lower.

Should try a free trial even if you think you are sure, the trial retention rate is so low for a reason.

[mod edit]

Mortal is really the best sandbox out there.  

It is a terrible game that will enhance the sandbox genre ony by closing. There are many, many sandbox games out there that are far better than the dross that is MO.

Originally posted by Betel

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/72569-will-prediction-navmesh-fixed-awakening.html

Such as? There are bugs from beta in there, and severe (as in player or server crashing) bugs that have been around for months.

Completely untrue and you know it. SV's financial results and even the absurd metric the supporters of MO use (transaction numbers) all show a low population that is only getting lower.

Should try a free trial even if you think you are sure, the trial retention rate is so low for a reason.

[mod edit]

It is a terrible game that will enhance the sandbox genre ony by closing. There are many, many sandbox games out there that are far better than the dross that is MO.

Betel

You have no idea what the trial rention rate is for Mortal Online.  It has never been released.  The only clues we have are the stated increase in licenses and subscription starvault released a few weeks ago.  

[mod edit]

SV financial statements report on how much or how little profit they made. If you want a more accurate picture of how many players are in Nave you should read this newer statement made by SV.

New Player SURGE!

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

[mod edit]

Betel

You have no idea what the trial rention rate is for Mortal Online.  It has never been released.  The only clues we have are the stated increase in licenses and subscription starvault released a few weeks ago.  

[mod edit]

SV financial statements report on how much or how little profit they made. If you want a more accurate picture of how many players are in Nave you should read this newer statement made by SV.

New Player SURGE!

I cant read that its in Klingonian...

Originally posted by argirop

[mod edit]

Betel

[mod edit]

New Player SURGE!

I cant read that its in Klingonian...

They state that there is increased rention rate in MO, sadly, their financial report speaks other.

Tbh i m not sure what rention rate is but whatever that is its higher in comparison with what? Nvm i just noticed that Henrik signs that so whatever it is has a 99,9% chance to be BS.

I did a trial account though and there was a lot of movement in Fabernum and Meduli- i cba to check other towns/ villages. Mostly nacked chars and afk people macroing. It was way better  than 40-50 days ago but lag inside towns and low fps was unbearable. Cant say if all those people where trial accounts ofc but i guess its an improvement instead of 0-5 players to see 20-30 in major towns. I wonder whats gonna happen after awakening patch and if they gonna optimizre the game not to act like a slideshow when there are more than 20 people in an area.

Tbh i m not sure what rention rate is but whatever that is its higher in comparison with what? Nvm i just noticed that Henrik signs that so whatever it is has a 99,9% chance to be BS.

I did a trial account though and there was a lot of movement in Fabernum and Meduli- i cba to check other towns/ villages. Mostly nacked chars and afk people macroing. It was way better  than 40-50 days ago but lag inside towns and low fps was unbearable. Cant say if all those people where trial accounts ofc but i guess its an improvement instead of 0-5 players to see 20-30 in major towns. I wonder whats gonna happen after awakening patch and if they gonna optimizre the game not to act like a slideshow when there are more than 20 people in an area.

Yes, it's going to be a slideshow when you play with a pentium 4 and 2 gigs of ram.  For the majority of us we can play Mortal Online just fine.  

Yes, it's going to be a slideshow when you play with a pentium 4 and 2 gigs of ram.  For the majority of us we can play Mortal Online just fine.  

I m playing with an Amiga 500 cause my Commodore 64 is for service.

Even if your assuming for your own reasons that i have a crappy pc which i dont people are complaing about the issues you with your NASA pc fail to see or admit:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/72712-got-huge-lagg-same-lagg-max-low.html#post1278943

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/70858-low-fps-high-low-settings.html

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/70516-fps-lower-than-should.html

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/70135-badly-fps-drop-night.html

Those are under the first 2 pages in MO forums/Public forums/Questions and answers. But i m almost convinced to totaly ignore them and believe you instead of the several people appart from OP's that posting in those threads that do have same issues. Tell me again who you are? Oh the guy who claims that MO has 20k active players or was it subscribers?

On a serious note to moderators: what do you expect for taking some action against trolls?

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by gotcha89

Hello mmo players,

Gotcha

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/72686-conclusion-gk-siege.html

You can expect bugs of all shapes and sizes in every aspect of MO. From account issues, to unwarranted bannings due to bugs in GM tools, to entire cities being deleted, to well....... you get the idea.

Other than that you can expect a small comunity that is continually shrinking but is encouraged to say otherwise on forums like this one.

You can expect to do a lot of your discussion on MO here if you have issues due to the mentality of the fans and the moderators over on the official forums.

You can expect a lot of unfulfilled promises considering many promises made even back in beta have yet to see the light of day.

My advice is to do the free trial before resubbing.

This discussion has been closed.