Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Latest Build in 'Great' Shape

13»

Comments

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Originally posted by Zekiah

Originally posted by expresso

D3 will be fine.. truth is if D2 was a text based M.U.D played on a ZX sepctrum people would still complain that D3 is not 99.999999% exactly the same as D2.

Just cus things are different does not automaticly mean they are bad, easy mode, watered down, not fun , not deep and and wanted by "Todays" gaming community.

I am going to reserve judgment until i play it.. now thats a novel idea.

Fair enough but just be warned, there isn't much Diablo in Diablo 3. I have played it and I'm a die hard Diablo fan and it's a shell of what D2 was. I'd like to see a complete list of what features were removed from D2 because it's a lot.

Like I said, it's basically WoWablo.

But at the same time it's not 2000 any more, that was 12 long years ago,... oh and I love wow.  But hardmode is the way to go in Diablo and beta is on normal "casual mode".

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by Zekiah

D3 will be fine.. truth is if D2 was a text based M.U.D played on a ZX sepctrum people would still complain that D3 is not 99.999999% exactly the same as D2.

Just cus things are different does not automaticly mean they are bad, easy mode, watered down, not fun , not deep and and wanted by "Todays" gaming community.

I am going to reserve judgment until i play it.. now thats a novel idea.

Fair enough but just be warned, there isn't much Diablo in Diablo 3. I have played it and I'm a die hard Diablo fan and it's a shell of what D2 was. I'd like to see a complete list of what features were removed from D2 because it's a lot.

Like I said, it's basically WoWablo.

But at the same time it's not 2000 any more, that was 12 long years ago,... oh and I love wow.  But hardmode is the way to go in Diablo and beta is on normal "casual mode".

I'm not even talking about how easy the beta was, it was only a short part of normal mode. I'm talking about the key features they ripped out of what made Diablo Diablo, they just kept ripping and ripping until there's very little left. But hey, if you're looking for WoWablo, you are in 'good shape'.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914

I really don't understand why anyone would want to buy this game.

It's pretty bad, I've played it.  If the money is really burning a hole in your pocket, why not give that $60 to charity?  Maybe your donation will be used to find a cure for autism instead of wasting a few hours being disappointed.

If you enjoy D3, more power to you, you are a rare kind of person.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Everyone I know that plays it, hated the last update that dumbed down the game.

• scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166

Originally posted by Dameonk

It's pretty bad, I've played it.  If the money is really burning a hole in your pocket, why not give that $60 to charity?  Maybe your donation will be used to find a cure for autism instead of wasting a few hours being disappointed.

you are just a rare kind of person who wont play it. and of course the small number of people in these forums who hate all games these days and should really get a hobby.

(FLAME SUIT ON!)

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

D3 is a hack & slash game tailored for the WoW community.  I'll pass.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504

beta is overrated... you can play act 1 that takes about 40min that is all..

i've had each class except barbarian up to level 13... it's kinda got old tbh.. wtb moar acts or harder difficulties pl0x

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Good to hear!  Don't release it until its done.  Every company should strive for excellency like Blizzard does.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

Originally posted by Zeppelin4

Originally posted by oubers

Originally posted by Zeppelin4

I hope to see this soon! I have been looking forward to it for a long time. The only issue I have seen on the D3 forums that bothers me a little is how easy it is on the first run through before it ramps up the difficulty. It would be nice to have a option to make it harder on your first play through.

since they forced me to have an internet connection to play single player and the fact they are taking some elements out of the game THEY dont like was enough for me to leave D3 for what it is this time.....sorry blizz.

I'll be waiting for TL2 now....they offer alot for only 20$

What did they drop that makes you not want to play? I don't understand why it bothers people about the internet connection. Its 2012 and who isn't connected to the internet anymore 24/7 for the most part. Its like complaining that you need a computer to play a PC game. :P

As for torchlight 2 I have mild interest in. They need to do alot more then the first one to sell me on it.

the internet connection aint the problem m8, but dont you think a single player RPG should be able to be played single player offline???

It wont change the fact that D3 will be awesome.....i know.....but forcing me to go online with a single player game is getting a bit too much for me.

WHY???? becouse i want to be able to play my single player game on my laptop that does not have an internet connection ALL the time.....THATS WHY!!

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by scotty899

Originally posted by Dameonk

you are just a rare kind of person who wont play it. and of course the small number of people in these forums who hate all games these days and should really get a hobby.

(FLAME SUIT ON!)

Hobby - "An activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure." 

Tecnically, the haters have a hobby, and its hating. 

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784

Wake me up when it gets WASD.

• RemainsRemains Member UncommonPosts: 375

The difference was huge between Diablo and Diablo 2... mobility-wise it was like chess versus volleyball. The skill trees made it much more interesting character-wise as well.

I looked up D3 a bit more than a year or so ago, started out curious and hopeful... and found nothing really to be excited about, nothing but graphics to warrant a new game at all. More money was probably the only motivation.

And that was before they continuously started shooting themselves in their feet with always-online and real-money-cash-cow.

So no thanks, I'll pass.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

Originally posted by Arquiteto

Torchlight 2

- No RMT auctionhouse

- Supports Mods

-  $20

Probably only fun for a few weeks.  TL and TL are still pretty shallow games and only there to earn cash while they build their MMO.

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

You know whats funny , alot of people think they can make a killin on the the RMT, but i think most will quickly realize there wont be any money to be made for most, other then maybe gold farmer.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I am sick of this. I have been waiting for this game for so long and they just keep putting it off. I don't care if it's polished or not :D In the last few years only Blizzard games have managed to keep me playing for longer than 20-30 hours per game. Starcraft 2 was amazing and would probably go back to it for the new expansion or if suddenly some amazing custom maps pop up ;D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.