Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why the hate? First impressions are really good.

Comments

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911

Originally posted by Xasapis

Get help because people want to look at sexy outfits? Seriously?

Did you ask professional help for your problem as a serial killer? I mean, how many digital human and humanoids have you murdered so far? Thousand? Millions? Do you feel any remorse about them? This is the symptoms of a psychotic murderer, you certainly should not walk among us. The police should be notified. Right now!

Do I sound absurd? Good, because that's exactly how you sound like.

(The above covers also all the nonsense about Elin fans being pedofiles)

sad...

• Inf666Inf666 Member UncommonPosts: 513

Combat with aiming and dodge = win.

Tab targetting and homing spells = fail.

Thus, Tera = win, GW2 = fail.

I am going to be playing Tera while watching GW2 burn to the ground.

---
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by plescure

Been seeing a lot of negativity on the forums for this game and a LOT of negativity in the general chat within game, so much so ive had to turn off the area chat cause its just full of ppl trolling about the game.

I genuinely dont understand it. ive been playing the game for a few hours now and ive been very impressed, the combat is gr8 and different, the game looks gorgeuos and so far ive had a lot of fun. i sometimes think people just hate on a game just to get a rise out of ppl.

A few things are going on with TERA for a lot of people around here;

1. It's Korean.

2. It's graphical style is Korean high fantasy.

3. It hasn't been been hyped the hell out of in the West and isn't a famous I.P

4. It's Korean.

5. It's combat system is different.

6. It's developer hasn't got a cult like fanatical following willing to forgive the bad and gush only about the good.

7. It's launching too close to other certain games and therefore must be destroyed.

8. It's Korean.

It's a shame TBH, because TERA is actually pretty good and a fun game, it has a lot to offer.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Regarding the animation, it's again a matter of getting adjusted to the action in front of you, instead of relying on the UI.

How were things done up to now?

• You pressed an ability.

• The ability had a cooldown or if not, you had to wait for the global cooldown to reuse the ability.

• The animation was irrelevant since once the cooldown was over, you could stop the animation and refire that ability

With Tera

• There is no global cooldown

• Instead, the completion of the animation of your character is the indication that you can use another ability

• You don't need to check the quickbars at all, all you need to do is look at the action (at last)

Which system do you really prefer?

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by Arakazi

Did you ask professional help for your problem as a serial killer? I mean, how many digital human and humanoids have you murdered so far? Thousand? Millions? Do you feel any remorse about them? This is the symptoms of a psychotic murderer, you certainly should not walk among us. The police should be notified. Right now!

sad...

yes yes you are, you talk like everyone of those people who want to banned video games because violent video games make us in to killers. Guess what? Not one study has show any relation between violent video game and crime. So ya you are very very very sad.

sad...

I agree. Not much you can do about unreasonable people, it's not like they can or are willing to understand.

Originally posted by Inf666

Statements like this are unnecessary and just trollish TBH.

Both games are seeking to push gameplay forward and both should be supported, if only in spirit.

Both are good for the genre.

• Superduper69Superduper69 Member Posts: 363

Only game that is pushing genre forward is GW2. Tera is in same category as SWTOR, both are genric quest grinders. Is that a bad thing? nope but sorry Tera isn't pushing anything forward.

Originally posted by rexzshadow

yes yes you are, you talk like everyone of those people who want to banned video games because violent video games make us in to killers. Guess what? Not one study has show any relation between violent video game and crime. So ya you are very very very sad.

You may actually want to read the whole thread instead of placing a random (and false) input into the discussion.

Originally posted by Vesavius

Been seeing a lot of negativity on the forums for this game and a LOT of negativity in the general chat within game, so much so ive had to turn off the area chat cause its just full of ppl trolling about the game.

I genuinely dont understand it. ive been playing the game for a few hours now and ive been very impressed, the combat is gr8 and different, the game looks gorgeuos and so far ive had a lot of fun. i sometimes think people just hate on a game just to get a rise out of ppl.

A few things are going on with TERA for a lot of people around here;

1. It's Korean.

2. It's graphical style is Korean high fantasy.

3. It hasn't been been hyped the hell out of in the West and isn't a famous I.P

4. It's Korean.

5. It's combat system is different.

6. It's developer hasn't got a cult like fanatical following willing to forgive the bad and gush only about the good.

7. It's launching too close to other certain games and therefore must be destroyed.

8. It's Korean.

It's a shame TBH, because TERA is actually pretty good and a fun game, it has a lot to offer.

Thats pretty much the truth.... but ofc no one else would admit that. Also whats ironic is GW2 is korean buy no one pass it off as other korean grind mmorpg. Its funny sometime to just read the contradicting facts they put up.

Both games are seeking to push gameplay forward and both should be supported, if only in spirit.

Yes its trollish but lot of people who followed Tera and like the game probbly feel this way in one shape or other. Also GW2 is going to burn for a bit because its simplly too over hyped, not because its a bad game but because the hype is just too high of a demand to meet.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Thats pretty much the truth.... but ofc no one else would admit that. Also whats ironic is GW2 is korean buy no one pass it off as other korean grind mmorpg. Its funny sometime to just read the contradicting facts they put up.

GW2 is not Korean.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

1. If you play action combat games there are many well know games that have this delay put in, these action game focus more on strategy than reflex. Best example is Monster Hunter. So its different' it was planed this way. Doesn't make it mistake if you or other don't like this combat style.

2. Stats isn't the only thing that define progression. State in many case are just way for F2P game to rippe player off for 20 dollar reset scrolls. Tera let you customize via crystal and glyph.

3. so having great quest but horrible game play put game at AAA rating? Seem to me its more about how accepted and suppor the game has that make it an AAA game rather than the game itself anymore.

Number 3 will probably be fix, well they are fixing now K-Tera already getting a lvl 1-40 quest revamp. But 1 and 2 nothing is even wrong there.

1 and 2 may not be broken, but they can use some tweaks. I didnt say stats are the only thing to define progression, i specificaly mentioned stats because thats what is missing. Right now the combat is not very fun as melee unless you are fighting many weak mobs at a time or 1 strong mob. Without flexibility the combat gets dull depending on who are you fighting (pvp and pve).

1 and 2 are not breaking the game for me. But it could well worth my monthly fees if i actually enjoy at fullest those features, specially when TERA's combat is claimed to be the best around which at this point it is not.

You may actually want to read the whole thread instead of placing a random (and false) input into the discussion.

I have and unless i understood wrong. Arakazi said that people need help because they like these digital "babies" which you reply thats the same logic as saying people who play violence game are future killers and which he say your sad and i say he is very sad person, it was suppose to be ironic pointed at him not you. The example with violent video game is to show that video game has no relation with crimal or these bad behavior as he stated in his post.

sad...

I agree. Not much you can do about unreasonable people, it's not like they can or are willing to understand.

Your right, I can't understand how a particular group of peoples mind works. Nor do I want to.

• scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166

this site is the worst for any opinion. it is just full of biased opinions and cry babies. and it seems alot of people can read minds, look into their crystal ball see the future of a company's finanicial outlook for the comming years and predict when games go free to play.

just read the reviews by the jounalists on here and dont bother with the forums.

(FLAME SUIT ON!)

Originally posted by Alders

GW2 is not Korean.

NCsoft is a South Korea-based online video game company, which has published massively multiplayer online role-playing games including Lineage, City of Heroes, Wildstar, Exteel, Guild Wars, and Aion.

ArenaNet is a video game developer and part of NCsoft Corporation.

NCSoft Owns ArenaNet...Period why can't people wrap their brain around that?

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Originally posted by Alders

GW2 is not Korean.

NCsoft is a South Korea-based online video game company, which has published massively multiplayer online role-playing games including Lineage, City of Heroes, Wildstar, Exteel, Guild Wars, and Aion.

ArenaNet is a video game developer and part of NCsoft Corporation.

NCSoft Owns ArenaNet...Period why can't people wrap their brain around that?

Because it's not being made in Korea?

sad...

theres a big contradiction in the overall topic. If Violent games dont affect people into becoming killers, why the Elin should make everyone who plays it a pedophile? i believe either both work or none. Elin fans are anime fans, violent games fans are fighting games fans. thats it.

Originally posted by Superduper69

Only game that is pushing genre forward is GW2. Tera is in same category as SWTOR, both are genric quest grinders. Is that a bad thing? nope but sorry Tera isn't pushing anything forward.

It depends on what you want.

If you care only about content ("quests") then you are right. GW2 seems to have something nice planned (can only say if it is good and new after trying it). I have to ask though why the questing system is so important to many. If the game mechanics are no fun, how can more dynamic content change that?

If you care about freedom of movement, aiming and strategical fps combat then you are incorrect. Here GW2 is doing the same as all the other Wow-clones out there. After playing the Tera CB, I watched a few GW2 pvp vids. It was utterly boring. Here Tera is clearly ahead.

Sure the quests in Tera are generic, but as long as I am having fun in combat I do not really care.

---
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Yes its trollish but lot of people who followed Tera and like the game probbly feel this way in one shape or other. Also GW2 is going to burn for a bit because its simplly too over hyped, not because its a bad game but because the hype is just too high of a demand to meet.

I personally don't think GW2 is overhyped...I think player excitement (which is different from 'hype') is in line with the quality of game they are being shown.

Both TERA and GW2 (it looks like) are quality fun games. This genre needs more quality fun games TBH.

Sure the quests in Tera are generic, but as long as I am having fun in combat I do not really care.

this kind of comments are one of the reason why developers never improve the quest progression in mmos. They play dumb and assume we all think this way and are willing to pay game after game with all the same poor quest system.

• TeamFSPTeamFSP Member Posts: 9

ive played wow-rift-aion-swtor-Etc- and now tera. must say that tera have soo much to offer,

political system and war against guilds. first i said no this is not for me but my friend told me that i need to buy it, soo i did.

and god Tera is the shit !. Rly good game. you need to try it

Originally posted by rojo6934

this kind of comments are one of the reason why developers never improve the quest progression in mmos. They play dumb and assume we all think this way and are willing to pay game after game with all the same poor quest system.

I understand your point here, I really do, but if the combat elevates that quest system and makes it actually fun, then thats really ok IMO.

I don't think anyone thinks we 'all' think one way or another though... I am sure they completely understand that some won't enjoy the systems they have chosen to use and that not everyone will choose to play, and that's fine.

sad...

theres a big contradiction in the overall topic. If Violent games dont affect people into becoming killers, why the Elin should make everyone who plays it a pedophile? i believe either both work or none. Elin fans are anime fans, violent games fans are fighting games fans. thats it.

Where the hell did I say there was a link between deviance and video games? I merely pointed out that using sexualized toons in video games as a selling point is kinda pathetic. If that kinda thing appeals to u, then fine, sad, but fine. I don't think your going out to turn into a sex offender. I just think there is a difference between aesthetics and OTT trash.

Yet again, why would you care about quests if fighting alone generates all the fun and satisfaction you need?

The problem with the other WOW-MMOs is that their combat is so dull (to eliminate failure). The questing system must then be used to motivate you to fight. Of course generic quests would be a big turnoff and my wild guess is that because of this players have become too fixated on the quest system.

---