Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord of the Rings Online: Buried Treasure Event Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Lord of the Rings Online players will want to check in this weekend for the Buried Treasure Event. During the event, players can complete repeatable quests to earn tokens and items. There are also special event mounts, emotes, cosmetic items, housing decorations and more.

Read all about the event on the Lord of the Rings Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

I love this game but for the love of all thats holy please stop with the mounts.  Whats the point in me having the 8 mounts I have now?  They all move at the same speed.  Surely Turbine can come up with some other offering for the next event besides another fricken mount.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• JDexterJDexter Member UncommonPosts: 128

Why bother with any event in this game, it'll be for sale in the store for RL cash soon enough, if it's not already in the store that is.

• cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445

I didnt login for few weeks now, I think I already have 8 or 9 mounts... I really dont need a 10th one. There is just nothing to do anymore other than waiting or Rohan expansion release while playing other games...

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Its astounding how much Turbine is missing the mark with this game and this IP.

Truly astounding.

• DredphyreDredphyre Member Posts: 601

Turbine is literally paying ME to play this game at this point (I get 500 tp every month), and the last time I logged in was just before Christmas.

I'll likely next check in when mounted combat arrives.  One of the few things of a rather large list the community wanted that Turbine is delivering on.

1. Wide open world -- less funneling

2. Real housing decoration ability. The community said we didn't want hooks; Turbine heard that we didn't want hooks; but they gave hooks to us anyway, thinking we'd forget. Well, I guess if you call not playing forgetting, then yeah, this tactic worked.

3. better armor looks

4. limited magic

5. Greyhavens and ridding us of that annoying zone wall and finally finishing the Tower Hills.

6. An LI system that isn't so painful.

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

They're going for the My Pretty Pony demographic, which strangely seems to be largely the same that play MMORPGs....

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445

I would so go back to playing this game if my tenth mount looks like this...

Come on turbine, I am sure you can come up with something better than more useless mounts every month?

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

I can't believe the level of rubbish in this thread.

Have had a great time in Lotro today.

The treasure hunting has been a ball, we had a group of 6 of us running around there at once, laughing our heads off.

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Actually, I think having all sorts of mounts IS one of the best parts of the game. At least the concept of having different looking mounts. It speaks to more variety in the look and feel of your character. Even though I hate the art design of the avatars and the gear, at least they allow one to create a character that can be a bit more unique.

Having said that I would say that they do seem to be floundering as far as content.  Heck, I bought Isengard and I can't seem to get there because I don't want to stop at each town along the way and help them with their stupid mundane tasks. Which leaves grinding the mobs for xp. Or maye it's just the main story that's leading me there doesn't feel very "lord of the rings" to me.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

Why regularly add content when you can add items for the store amirite?

We won't even get Helms Deep with Rohan.  At this pace we won't even finish Gondor when the IP expires.  Total mismanagement and planning for this game from the start.  They've been focused on milking the property and focusing on areas not important in the books just to milk the property.  A real developer would already be in gondor by now with two factions.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

We won't even get Helms Deep with Rohan.  At this pace we won't even finish Gondor when the IP expires.  Total mismanagement and planning for this game from the start.  They've been focused on milking the property and focusing on areas not important in the books just to milk the property.  A real developer would already be in gondor by now with two factions.

I don't mind that they are taking their time. What I mind is that it's not very inspired.

I've said it before and I've said it again, look at the north to north east sectoni of breeland and notice how there is world there that is interesting but not alot of reason to go there. It's just sort of a fun forest area.

And it's beautiful and there is some stuff to do there. LOTRO needs more of that. It had a bit of that at launch but now it seems so narrow.

It's very uninspired to my taste (at this moment).

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AndraxxAndraxx Member UncommonPosts: 256

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

I don't mind that they are taking their time. What I mind is that it's not very inspired.

I've said it before and I've said it again, look at the north to north east sectoni of breeland and notice how there is world there that is interesting but not alot of reason to go there. It's just sort of a fun forest area.

And it's beautiful and there is some stuff to do there. LOTRO needs more of that. It had a bit of that at launch but now it seems so narrow.

It's very uninspired to my taste (at this moment).

Having the main story pass through Dunland pretty much guarantees it feels anti-climactic after Moria and then Mirkwood. Turbine needed to get the players through Dunland a lot faster than they have. I think the issue is the size of the team working on LOTRO at this point, which seems miniscule compared to around launch time. There was a lot of talk of an unannounced project that many devs moved to, but it's been years now and nothing new, so I'm left wondering just what happened.

I remember in beta when they added that area of Breeland - it was a test to see how fast they could add landscape without a lot of involved quests,. I like that area as well, and I've been hoping they could fill in Tower Hills and Grey Havens at a similar pace, even if there are no quest hubs.

As for the treasure event, I've enjoyed it. The /rich emote is one of the best so far. I don't need another mount, but if the new goat pops out of a treasure box, I wouldn't complain. ;-)

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

It seems that there is a lot less time between Isenguard and Rohan expansions, perhaps the team has picked it up again?  Not really a LOTRO player so more of an outside perspective.